The Ebay Seller/Policies Discussion Thread

Apr 26, 2012
UK,south yorkshire
Q) What is the purpose of this thread?
A) To discuss Ebay policies/issues

Q) Where can i find the Ebay Presale Policy?
A) Click HERE

Q) Can a HDN Trade mod help me with an Ebay sale/trade issue? Also why is there no 'ebay bad traders' list?
A) Simply put, no. To find out why, ensure you read the following spoiler:
please use this thread as a RESOURCE to ask your fellow members about problems you've had with a reseller or questions about e-bay.

do NOT use this thread to attack or refute other members. if you an e-bay dispute with a member here, perhaps it's best to approach a trading mod before posting? we don't police e-bay, but maybe we can give you a tip or two.

if members ignore these suggestions, then the thread might be locked for a couple of weeks.

thank you.

hey folks,

as a reminder what myself (and other mods) have continued to mention via private message, e-mail and other areas. we do NOT police other trading marketplaces like ebay, youtube, amazon and the rest.

there is ONLY a certain amount of information at our disposal and we do not have the resources in these other locations as we do on this forum - things that we can look at and evaluate.

having said that, there are trading rules on this forum that have been instituted for your own protection for trading transactions that happen HERE.

this includes the pending / active sales threads, the requirement of feedback posted for any new traders, our support ticketing system, the active investigations held by trading moderators and many other things we do not discuss openly.

we have long held that problems occurring on these other forums and marketplaces should be taken the appropriate authorities on THOSE websites.

many of you are established traders here on this forum and you should know all about the guidelines that are stickied in this section - including having new traders send first, getting tracking from the other party and proof of shipment, and what other precautions can be taken to protect your trading safety.

trading via ebay and their messaging system is against their stated policy and should not occur - and there are reasons why they have created that policy. you don't have protection of paypal or their listing system as a buyer or seller.

having said that, if there is trouble with an ebay seller or buyer, you should go to their website and report it there. if you are not aware of this process, follow the below link for more information.

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/buy/report-trading.html

so folks can feel free to chat about a seller or buyer that they are having problems with, but I can tell you right now - there will not be a "witch hunt" by moderators or staff based on one person's account of the problems or trouble they are having - and we limit the action taken for or against members here to transactions that occurred on this forum.

as stated in the thread title of our bad traders list - that list is for FORUM MEMBERS ONLY.

thank you.
Q) Where can i find the HDN Buyer Beware / Bad Traders list?
A) You can find the thread HERE

Last edited by a moderator:
please consider blocking sockpuppetsamii

sockpuppetsamii makes ultra low ball offers then insults you when you decline. seems like a troublesome buyer

to be honest, a lot of people here re-sell and other "lurkers" use this site as a reference point for releases. Its something that is always a big debate and has a lot of grey areas. Theres plenty of angles for sellers (profit, funding their own collection, got nothing better to do etc...) and theres reason why buyers are frustrated with the price hikes and its understandable.

For example, mnementh purchases something from me on ebay at a high price, then I realized he's a member here and since we have had a good standing with each we now are willing to help without the price hikes. Its something thats a business (plan and simple) but at times, turn into friendships

Mnementh so out of interest do you think its ok to buy 5 just to sell? I blame zavvi us well they should of limited it to 1 per customer when its so limited. I actually hope it gets released in every country so it doest become so rare and sought after.

It doesn't really matter what you and I think. There will always be people who will do this, whether you agree with it or not. Zavvi chose to limit it within their own T&Cs. If you don't agree with those, then you have the choice not to buy from them.

The limit set by Zavvi was 5. The guy stayed within those limits. He has done nothing wrong, apart from upset you. I'm still not certain why you are so upset by this. Did you miss out or are getting upset on behalf of others ?

Look at the trade threads. People there have multiple copies of SBs they are selling or trading. Do they upset you as well ?

Reactions: roadie and Poitvd
It doesn't really matter what you and I think. There will always be people who will do this, whether you agree with it or not. Zavvi chose to limit it within their own T&Cs. If you don't agree with those, then you have the choice not to buy from them.

The limit set by Zavvi was 5. The guy stayed within those limits. He has done nothing wrong, apart from upset you. I'm still not certain why you are so upset by this. Did you miss out or are getting upset on behalf of others ?

Look at the trade threads. People there have multiple copies of SBs they are selling or trading. Do they upset you as well ?

When did you hear me say i was upset?? you like to jump to conclusions dont you! thanks for your input on where i can find it i would never of none that your such full of wise wisdom.

When did you hear me say i was upset?? you like to jump to conclusions dont you! thanks for your input on where i can find it i would never of none that your such full of wise wisdom.

You are very angry for someone who claims not to be upset by this.

I suggest we leave this here

Reactions: roadie and Poitvd
to be honest, a lot of people here re-sell and other "lurkers" use this site as a reference point for releases. Its something that is always a big debate and has a lot of grey areas. Theres plenty of angles for sellers (profit, funding their own collection, got nothing better to do etc...) and theres reason why buyers are frustrated with the price hikes and its understandable.

For example, mnementh purchases something from me on ebay at a high price, then I realized he's a member here and since we have had a good standing with each we now are willing to help without the price hikes. Its something thats a business (plan and simple) but at times, turn into friendships

Yessir.

Reactions: alvinhwang21
A reminder to please refrain from attacking members. There is no Ebay policy against selling multiples copies of anything-it is a free market, and if people have multiple copies they are free to sell them there. Ebay is not the morality police-they have fixed policies that they ask sellers to adhere to, and the above is not one of them. Just as was the case with 'Suckerpunch', where WB did not restrict the qty initially...and kept changing the number of copies you were allowed to buy, those situations open the door for resellers. Every forum of this kind has resellers-it's been this way ever since the birth of any limited run product (comics, VHS, DVD, Laserdisc, HD DVD) and on and on....

This thread is to discuss Ebay sellers and policies-and you are free to share your opinions. However, rudeness, personal attacks, retaliation and threats are not welcomed at HDN, and posts will be deleted/further action taken on accounts as needed. Thanks for your understanding and respect of the HDN community guidelines.

Reactions: mnementh
A reminder to please refrain from attacking members. There is no Ebay policy against selling multiples copies of anything-it is a free market, and if people have multiple copies they are free to sell them there. Ebay is not the morality police-they have fixed policies that they ask sellers to adhere to, and the above is not one of them. Just as was the case with 'Suckerpunch', where WB did not restrict the qty initially...and kept changing the number of copies you were allowed to buy, those situations open the door for resellers. Every forum of this kind has resellers-it's been this way ever since the birth of any limited run product (comics, VHS, DVD, Laserdisc, HD DVD) and on and on....

This thread is to discuss Ebay sellers and policies-and you are free to share your opinions. However, rudeness, personal attacks, retaliation and threats are not welcomed at HDN, and posts will be deleted/further action taken on accounts as needed. Thanks for your understanding and respect of the HDN community guidelines.

Thanks DB :thumbs:

Reactions: roadie
I agree, we live in a free-market, we have free our own free will to do what we like.
Buying 1 or 100, doesn't make a difference, every retailer wants to make profit, so Amazon sells items at profit, it purchases 1000's of an item, what are you going to do, go and kick off with Amazon for buying 4000 skyfall steelbooks?

I swear guys, you need to relax!
Everything is based on supply and demand, the buyer dictates the market....

I just found out Ebay UK also charges 10% over the shippingcosts! so the Final Values fees is 10% of (Price sold + shippingcosts you charge).... I mean I knew this was already at the US site (9% over the total amount), didn't know they were also doing this at the UK site...

Think they've been doing this for a while :(

Gone are the days of charging 99p for an item, and £100 postage

Been in effect for a while

If your item sells, you're charged a final value fee. The final value fee is based on the item's total cost to the buyer which includes item price, postage costs, and any other fees the seller may charge.