The Footy Megathread!

Horhay

ホルヘ
Jan 27, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Well we keep finding more and more fans, garlad you are just adding to the group. So let's keep all football related content in this thread since we are small group of fans who actually follow we can't make threads that only one person will reply. Anyways Scott, Baliey, Dattebayo and myself all follow pro football. The same people in addition to Bravesfan and jrocca have/play FIFA09.

To answer your question from the other thread, yes I do follow. I don't have a particular team in the EPL, but I enjoy watching the games. However I am liking Liverpool this year, I think if they don't win it now they won't in a long time! they are finally reaching that talent threshold and it's their time! Torres is in a fantastic level and Benitez is having no issues with players so what else can I say? ManU is finally losing grip. Chelsea is a mess I think, they keep buying players and more players that bring a huge ego and that's why the teams is so inconsistent! the egos that team has will not let them find their rhythm. Arsenal has a relatively young team that will only get better and I keep reading everywhere that they might lose Fabregas this next summer....

I used to watch plenty of the Spanish league, but I lost GolTV which used to show all the games every weekend. Fox Sports channel now shows the EPL and the Serie A Italian league which is not bad, but not the same.

Last edited:
I just read today that the tickets for the World Cup Final, Semifinal and all games play by Argentina, Brazil, England, Italy, Belgium & Netherlands are all sold out!! with more than a year away tickets already sold out....Incredible! :scat:

i didnt even know the tickets where on sale yet, and i swear none of them teams have even qualified yet for any games, plus the games have not even be decided yet ...what the hell is going on?

As much i as want to go to this coming WC. I will not because its in Africa and it requires some shots!! I hate needles so no thanks.

Last edited:
Did I just read this right? Real Madrid buys Ronaldo for 80 MILLION EUROS?! Didn't they already spent another 65 Million Euros on Kaka?

Yeah you read that right and its 80 million pounds lol but it aint been sorted yet, Man Utd have accepted the bid, but Real need to sort personal terms with him aswell yet and kaka was 56 million pounds. Apprantly they want to buy Ribery aswell.

Yeah you read that right and its 80 million pounds lol but it aint been sorted yet, Man Utd have accepted the bid, but Real need to sort personal terms with him aswell yet and kaka was 56 million pounds. Apprantly they want to buy Ribery aswell.

Dude that's a lot of damn money! he is good, but he definitely ain't no Zinedine Zidane! the man was worth good 63 million dollars back in the day.

80 million pounds! that's freakin 132,716,396.11 USD!! EEK! plus another 107,832,071.84 from the purchase of Kaka equals to 240,548,467.95 USD!! damn...If they end up buying Ribery, which I doubt he is anything below the 34 million pounds, Madrid can very will be tapping the mid 400 mill this summer!

Damn Barca better close that Ibrahimovic trade and move onto Ribery! their squad is getting a bit old now. They need more new blood!

If Madrid doesn't win everything and I mean everything they play for this next season that will be the 300 million dollar epic fail!!

its crazy i tell you that much...apprantly villa will sign next week for real aswell if rumours are right!!!this is crazy stuff

i think man utd will get benzema

its crazy i tell you that much...apprantly villa will sign next week for real aswell if rumours are right!!!this is crazy stuff

i think man utd will get benzema

I just read that about Villa this morning. That's too bad though, they have Nilsterooy, Huntelaar, Higuain, Raul, CR, KAKA. They can't all play can they? I mean Huntelaar spent almost 2 1/2 months sitting in the bench or coming in as a replacement. Madrid will just overflow their squad not thinking that they need balance and to keep players happy.

All the players they are getting need to be playing constantly, every single one of them are starters, no question about it. I dunno if Pellegrini was the right choice though, I think the guy is not that great as a coach, he didn't really have the kind of players he will now and certainly not going to have the kind of egos that he will have now. If I remember he had clashes with several players at Villareal that's why chemistry sucked in the last season and a half. He can't afford to make himself the alpha male because he will have way to many egos that will make his stay in Madrid very very short.

With 300-400 million dollar squad he will have very small room for mistakes, I bet the first loss will be magnified very high! the fans aren't willing to wait either. We'll see what happens.

you will see real sel alot of players dont worry expect too see robben, van der vart, sneijder, van nistleroy will go!! they need defenders though not attackers