The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (Ext. Edition) (3D+2D Jumbo Blu-ray SteelBook) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 11th, 2013
Purchase links:
Amazon.co.uk
Base.com
Sainsbury's
Zavvi.com

Notes: 5 discs
Features a 13-Minute Longer Cut and 
 Nearly Nine Hours of New Special Features

91Un7PuTkdL._SL1500_.jpg

91ESZk0KjnL._SL1500_.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 295
Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty bad how they can release an extended version just weeks after the other version came out. These extra scenes have just magically appeared in the intervening period have they?

they did exactly the same with the original lord of the rings, theatrical and then the extended so there doing nothing different.
i hope they release this with a statue to match the other extended editions of lord of the rings.
i will be buying this for sure. this should be out around november time.

I knew this was coming, that Warner Bros was milking it, I held off for that reason.

And it was especially tempting in France, with all four different steelbooks :

nm5Mho.jpg

I'm sure the UK won't be alone getting a steelbook of the extended version, but this is nice to have the confirmation for at least one country.

Extended edition of an already ridiculously dragged out film! oh dear! as i have the first edition and dont have a 3d tv i can happily skip this - which makes a nice and rare change recently as far too many good steelbooks fighting for the contents of my wallet!!!

Hmm, can't imagine the film is going to be amazing given, like has been said, the theatrical cut isn't wow and more padding might overkill it. I've got the theatrical steel so this is an easy skip.

I'd just be happy with an extended edition that comes with an awesome collectable like the LOTR DVDs did, a troll statue perhaps? But a steelbook thrown in as well would be too much to ask so probably have to chose between the twoif that happens?

Can't wait for this extended edition. Though I think I'd prefer just an Blu-Ray steel for it. Would also be nice with some new artwork. Here's hoping.

I'll pre-order this, but if some kind of box set containing a statue of some sort comes out, I'll buy that instead. I've got the original 3 LOTR statue's and they're great, more of the same quality would be nice.

It's pretty bad how they can release an extended version just weeks after the other version came out. These extra scenes have just magically appeared in the intervening period have they?

The extended edition of this film was announced before the theatrical cut hit store shelves. This was also true of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I'd say that's pretty fair.

And 7 months is hardly 'just weeks.'

If you want to feel like you've been tricked into double-dipping, then that's your prerogative; but you haven't.

Last edited: