The Lion King (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: December 3, 2018 (First Release) - November 18, 2019 (Second Release)
Purchase link: Zavvi (A restock of this steelbook will be available to order on Saturday 14th September 2019 6pm UK time)
Price: £27.99

TLK.jpg

TLK (inside).jpg

TLK (back).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very disappointed in Zavvi, as per usual.
Had it ordered but didn't arrive. Contacted them twice; first time (on the 11th, when they were definitely in stock!) I got the usual "wait 21 days" bullshit, even though I know well enough when a steelbook from them is to arrive.
Second time I got the question "do you want a replacement or a refund?" where I obviously asked for a replacement.
Then they go ahead and say "sorry it's discontinued so we can't replace it."

WHY THE **** EVEN ASK THEN?!
Not to mention their Twitter support then hopping on board messaging me and literally telling me the same **** and asking "do you want a refund?".
NO, I'LL PAY FOR A STEELBOOK I DIDN'T RECEIVE AT ALL.

I really hate Zavvi.. It's that they're one of the only stores that have a lot of steelbooks that I can get my hands on as well without "only UK" delivery stuff or whatever... Ugh.
Amazon uk has it - although not at the same price. But they do deliver worldwide. (You might look at all the worldwide Amazons, as they all ship anywhere and might have it.)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KJW8F1S/?tag=hidefnin-21

Amazon uk has it - although not at the same price. But they do deliver worldwide. (You might look at all the worldwide Amazons, as they all ship anywhere and might have it.)
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07KJW8F1S/?tag=hidefnin-21
Well, I noticed that... But honestly, 50 pounds for a movie? That's just way too much... I want it for the collection for sure, but I'm not going to pay 50 pounds for it either... That's ridiculous :/
It's a third party store selling it via Amazon anyways right now, not Amazon themselves.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Possibly one difference - going by the France LION KING steelbook mock-up - between the ROW and the Best Buy - looks like ours will be the first in the ROW Disney Signature Collection . . . the US of course already having a LION KING Signature Edition steelbook . . . I'd be surprised if they get two Signature Edition steelbooks but of course not impossible considering it's one of if not their biggest title.

US
View attachment 401428View attachment 401429

ROW
View attachment 401427

See below post . . . if "Signature Edition" is present it will be printed on the O-ring making it the first UK Disney Signature Edition steelbook release.
II
V
the rear artworks on those signature collections...wow

Very disappointed in Zavvi, as per usual.
Had it ordered but didn't arrive. Contacted them twice; first time (on the 11th, when they were definitely in stock!) I got the usual "wait 21 days" bullshit, even though I know well enough when a steelbook from them is to arrive.
Second time I got the question "do you want a replacement or a refund?" where I obviously asked for a replacement.
Then they go ahead and say "sorry it's discontinued so we can't replace it."

WHY THE **** EVEN ASK THEN?!
Not to mention their Twitter support then hopping on board messaging me and literally telling me the same **** and asking "do you want a refund?".
NO, I'LL PAY FOR A STEELBOOK I DIDN'T RECEIVE AT ALL.

I really hate Zavvi.. It's that they're one of the only stores that have a lot of steelbooks that I can get my hands on as well without "only UK" delivery stuff or whatever... Ugh.

Same with my order. My Amazon.fr order arrived in two days, the one ordered from Zavvi has yet to show although it was sent on November 28th. I also contacted them but I'll have to wait 30 days since it's an international order (to Germany) and when I asked them what happens after the 30 days, if it was guaranteed I could get a replacement they said "no" and that I should order a second one if I really wanted to make sure I get a replacement and if I get both to send one back to them (with me covering the shipping costs of course...). At least my Amazon.fr order arrived, but I wanted the Zavvi one to leave in its shrink wrapping. Guess in 5 days I can finally request my refund.

A restock of this steelbook will be back on Saturday 14th September 6pm UK time

At the moment website link only available to view for red carpet subscribers

Red Carpet subscribers might want to check if it's available for them to order

Still showing as sold out at present. Gutting as I just picked up a sealed copy off the Bay for more than £27.99

Still showing as sold out at present. Gutting as I just picked up a sealed copy off the Bay for more than £27.99
I'd say no need to feel gutted - don't remember it being much cheaper originally.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quick reminder of the finish as a reminder for anyone not familiar with this one:-
1568333948870.png
1568333976929.png

1568334034311.png

Reactions: RyanD
Live for red carpet members. Worth pointing out these "restocks" are pre orders so anyone hoping to order and get it this week will be a bit disappointed. Release date 18th November so double whammy with frozen
Price still remains £27.99

Reactions: paulboland
However I'm now getting emails about payment problems. So I think zavvi have messed something up. Can't see zavvi taking the full lot on a pre order that's not out till November. And I've pre ordered things before with less money in my bank then the current total I have available

However I'm now getting emails about payment problems. So I think zavvi have messed something up. Can't see zavvi taking the full lot on a pre order that's not out till November. And I've pre ordered things before with less money in my bank then the current total I have available
That happens sometimes with Zavvi
Happened before with me on Vinyl records with a pre order date a 3-4 weeks from date of order

Their system might have it as marked as in stock that will cause payment be taken straight away
Also might actually be in stock even though lists release date November 18th and be shipped 1-2 days after payment is taken

No just zavvi being zavvi. They updated the website wrong so me thinking it was a pre order as it was listed was wrong. It's out now. Website will be updated when the can be bothered. Sorry for the confusion

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190913-205845_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190913-205845_Chrome.jpg
    536.7 KB · Views: 218
Reactions: paulboland
Live to order

Note has listed as a pre order with Release Date: 18 November 2019
That's an error

Zavvi have stock
Payment will be taken now as it's in stock