The Little Drummer Girl (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Plain Archive Exclusive No.76) [Korea]

Strangerbyday

Premium Supporter
Jun 4, 2015
Ireland
Release date: November 27 December 15, 2022
Purchase link: BD Full Slip - 4K Full Slip - 4K Collector's Box (pre order September 19, 2022)
Price: $137.49 (Collector's set) - $79.47 (BD Full Slip) - $94.49 (4K Full Slip)

Notes: 4-DISC Blu-ray Steelbook with Full Slip Case & OST

937C8C2A-D83F-4192-BDB6-40CD5EB9D831.jpeg
39FCD1BD-E99D-4CDE-B186-5FE6431C6E22.jpeg
2576AE2F-ABA0-4845-ACB5-CCC7BC414B4B.jpeg
754C07CE-C7FA-4352-A5BD-FC145AF942F7.jpeg
5BB17835-CB57-41B4-BB4F-A4682F85F5EE.jpeg
65E2C13C-B98D-412F-80B0-356DBBC56BE2.jpeg
73FEB6F9-E588-48BC-B26F-18EEC9920134.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, so much printed material for a little unknown series. I wish they released movie, or other series like that, otherwise strange this particular one gets such deluxe attention. Looks more than in that $400 BttF FilmArena set, and that was a collection of 4 LEs from a 15 year period.

Wow, so much printed material for a little unknown series. I wish they released movie, or other series like that, otherwise strange this particular one gets such deluxe attention. Looks more than in that $400 BttF FilmArena set, and that was a collection of 4 LEs from a 15 year period.
I agree, however Plain Archive always does an incredible job with their final products.
I don't even know the series and I am debating wether or not to get this because it's PA.
Now I got FOMO kicking in!

They’re just different checkout methods, one’s faster than the other.

Anyone else suspecting PA messing around with the stock of the Premium edition to create this artificial FOMO?
YEP, absolutely !

Reactions: Lenny Nero
lol those prices!
How often would that happen?

Can’t say because it’s honestly been so long. My last order before a monster calls was 3 years prior. So my memory is poor but usually on the more expensive items that hadn’t sold too well they dropped after about 5/6 months of release. Maybe longer.
Planet earth was one of them. Think that went near half price. It hasn’t happened much but I can see it happening to this and a monster calls.

I’m certainly waiting this one out. Prices are insane for either 2 Blu ray discs (or 4K), OST & bonus with no extras except a full Korean booklet! Absolute madness. I love PA but the choices on this release are odd. And then a full on box set loaded with stuff and extras. Makes no sense

lol those prices!

Can’t say because it’s honestly been so long. My last order before a monster calls was 3 years prior. So my memory is poor but usually on the more expensive items that hadn’t sold too well they dropped after about 5/6 months of release. Maybe longer.
Planet earth was one of them. Think that went near half price. It hasn’t happened much but I can see it happening to this and a monster calls.

I’m certainly waiting this one out. Prices are insane for either 2 Blu ray discs (or 4K), OST & bonus with no extras except a full Korean booklet! Absolute madness. I love PA but the choices on this release are odd. And then a full on box set loaded with stuff and extras. Makes no sense
Planet Earth was a different story... it was part of the selective line. It hardly ever happens (I have almost 130 editions).

A Most Wanted Man and Logan Lucky Steelbooks are now available for 4 years without a price drop. Believer 4K Steelbook 2 years.

Last edited:
PA once said a long time ago that they do not calculate in such a way that it sells out quickly, but customers have the opportunity to buy something for a longer period of time.

Hate the experience today. For the first 3 min, it kept showing coming soon. I kept refreshing then the premium set showed sold out. Didn’t even see the prices coming live. Then after 5 min, only the 2K was available, but when checking out, it became sold out. Tried for another 2 min, then got the 2K though I wanted the premium set. Was really stressful.

Checked again an hour later and everything was available. So unnecessarily stressful and frustrating experience. But I doubt PA was trying to create FOMO, cuz buyers can easily cancel when they realise the sold out is fake.

lol those prices!

Agree. I know PA would go all out for a Park Chan Wook release but this is kind of overkill. We are forced to spend on an OST plus a thick book. Worse, the 2K package and 4K package are exactly the same. In the end only the premium package is the least off-putting with the last minute addition of the 2K discs as bonus, but have to spend another $57 because of the overload of printed stuffs, plus the useless pins.

Reactions: milky and Flloydo