UK
Release date: January 23, 2017
Purchase link: The Magnificent Seven
Price: £19.99

mag&-hmv.jpg

01-384437.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this 2 disc or 1 disc?
The HMV site lists this as a 2-disc set although no details are given.

However, according to the Scanavo website the bonus disc details are 'Seven Tales of making the Magnificent Seven -
The disk contains:
Why we want to be cowboys, Fastest gun in the West, The Magnificent seven ride, Building Rose Creek, The Man in Black, The Legend of the Western stuntman, and A magnificent History.'

Reactions: lgans316
Since its WEA and its the best artwork for the movie it might sold out buddy like Suicide Squad.
Have you ordered it or any other versions like FAC, Kimchi? I watched the movie once and liked it but as someone else said I think, the baddy was somewhat lacklustre and not very, well... bad?! :confused::giggle::LOL:

Me too buddy. Pondered on placing an order given I've skipped Kimchi's and FAC and I like this artwork... @Flloydo, what's your thoughts on this getting a price drop later on or too early to tell yet? :coffee:

Haha, I'm keeping shtum! If I say it won't sell out and wait on a price drop with Hmv it usually does sell out lol (tbh that's only happened once or twice). But then again like the Lego movie, been off the site and discontinued for about 4 or more months but the stores that have some stock are selling them at £7.99

In honesty I can't stand any of the steels for this film, I think they all look boring and not creative at all

Also bare metal kills me.

Haven't seen the film yet either so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. Hopefully will watch it soon

Some are safe for waiting on price drops like x men apocalypse, that will 100% drop and CEX are already selling the steel for £12 and that's with the 3D disc.

I also think conjuring will hit £9.99 too and that's when I'll bite

My local store is a odd one. Some steels go quickly but the ones you expect to sell out stick around for ages in store. They have 4 or 5 copies of both spidey lentis and my store hasn't sold any, not one copy. they are £9.99 now and I think they will drop to £7.99 soon. My store also has a few copies of each Harry Potter not sold but online is out of stock.

BvS & SQ I thought would have Star Wars style print runs but they surprisingly sold out (and the art for both of them are terrible with shite finishes)

Just can't call it anymore like I used to

Since its WEA and its the best artwork for the movie it might sold out buddy like Suicide Squad.

It could do

Thing is, every steel is a WEA for this film with so many editions with different art but then the same happened to hateful eight and the U.K. One is probably the most sought after (not counting kimchi premium, just the steel)

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
Haha, I'm keeping shtum! If I say it won't sell out and wait on a price drop with Hmv it usually does sell out lol (tbh that's only happened once or twice). But then again like the Lego movie, been off the site and discontinued for about 4 or more months but the stores that have some stock are selling them at £7.99

In honesty I can't stand any of the steels for this film, I think they all look boring and not creative at all

Also bare metal kills me.

Haven't seen the film yet either so I'm not sure if I'll like it or not. Hopefully will watch it soon

Some are safe for waiting on price drops like x men apocalypse, that will 100% drop and CEX are already selling the steel for £12 and that's with the 3D disc.

I also think conjuring will hit £9.99 too and that's when I'll bite

My local store is a odd one. Some steels go quickly but the ones you expect to sell out stick around for ages in store. They have 4 or 5 copies of both spidey lentis and my store hasn't sold any, not one copy. they are £9.99 now and I think they will drop to £7.99 soon. My store also has a few copies of each Harry Potter not sold but online is out of stock.

BvS & SQ I thought would have Star Wars style print runs but they surprisingly sold out (and the art for both of them are terrible with shite finishes)

Just can't call it anymore like I used to
Thanks buddy, you're like my HMV Guru lol ;) I'll wait for pics then decide I think although it's a risk as it may sell out on the meantime... :sorry: Also, is it confirmed bare metal finish or are you assuming by the mock up? I agree it certainly looks to be the case which is not great (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks buddy, you're like my HMV Guru lol ;) I'll wait for pics then decide I think although it's a risk as it may sell out on the meantime... :sorry: Also, is it confirmed bare metal finish or are you assuming by the mock up? I agree it certainly looks to be the case which is not great (n)

Lol cheers, it's quite funny because I go into my local (the one I worked in before) and tell my old work mates and they have no clue so I bring them up to speed of their own f*cking sales or discontinued items lol

sometimes they don't even know the steels exist and they have had them out on the shop floor for over a month! I have one mate who's ok with it all though and kinda up to date with editons (but mainly because I tell him) and he will put things behind the counter for me if I know it's about to sell out but aslong as I go and get it within a day or 2

They didn't even know the Lego Movie had dropped until I found the last copy and they scanned it.

Well if it does sell out online remember to check around 12.30 1.00 am, it's when they usually update stock levels for the website

Oh I'm going by the pic mate, have no idea what's confirmed. For some reason the mock up makes me think it will be gloss though. Don't hold me to that

• Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
@Flloydo
http://steelbook.com/releases/the-magnificent-seven-steelbook-edition/

This magnificent SteelBook® edition is treated with spot gloss, which gives the 7 and Denzel Washington a glossy effect. The metallic shine from the SteelBook® case only comes through at the 7 and the splatter on the back.

wish they do videos like they used to more often

basil :thumbs:

Oh ok

I'm sucker for spot gloss too lol

So the way they word that is the gold will be like a metalic sheen but glossed ! :confused: Don't get that

They kinda contradict themsleves

And then the rest of the bare metal will be matte. Don't sound too promising

reckon spot gloss as they described could work nice myself so will see could be like another hateful 8 and that shifted well but time will show i suppose

basil :thumbs:

Reactions: Flloydo
magnificent 7.png
Yup, not much to choose from between the two editions I reckon with possibly the HMV having the edge over t'other because of the creative use of the "7" if nothing else:-

I know it's the wrong SEVEN but clearly an inspiration for the new steelbook:-

Nice to see a couple more Westerns getting the steelbook treatment after ONCE UPON A TIME IN THE WEST, YOUNG GUNS, THE HATEFUL 8, TOMBSTONE, UNFORGIVEN, BONE TOMAHAWK, SERAPHIM FALLS, 3:10 TO YUMA, BUTCH CASSIDY . . . , TRUE GRIT remake, THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY et al.

If I had to choose the steelbook I dislike the least out of the three most recent it'd probably have to be DJANGO UNCHAINED:-
upload_2017-1-21_2-18-19.png

Last edited:
Absolutely Love This Steelbook !!! I had pre-ordered it as a Blind buy, but after seeing the movie I had no choice but to cancel my order :wow:
One time watch kinda movie for me.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
Don't look too bad

A bit more white than silver metal, unless that's the photos making it look better

I'll have a look on Monday in store