The Martian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 30) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 17, 2016
Purchase links: (Pre-order on March 4 at 14:00 (Korea Time) - TIMEZONE CONVERTER
Full Slip (OOS)
Lenticular (OOS)
One Click (OOS)
Price: $40.99 (Individual editions) - $81 (One Click)
Note:
Full Slip (1,300 copies Numbered Card)
Lenticular (1,700 copies Numbered Card)
Group buy: Kaka1888

Type A (Full Slip) | Type B (Lenticular)

10931014_1836877796539429_3123581311859291178_n.jpg 12794461_1836877753206100_1758735098491901429_n.jpg

upload_2016-2-27_10-6-45.png

DISC 1 - 3D main title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Czech, Hungarian, 5.1, 5.1, Polish, Turkish 5.1
• subtitle: Korean, English, German, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hebrew,Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

DISC 2 - 2D & Special feature this title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, Russian 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Ukrainian, Thai 5.1,
• Subtitles: Korean, English, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese
• Special features Subtitles: Korean, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

Special Features

• Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction
• Occupy Mars: Casting and Cosumes
• Gag Reel
• Ares III: Refocused
• Ares III: Farewell
• The Right Stuff
• Ares: Our Greatest Adventure
• Leave Your Mark
• Bring Him Home
• Theatrical Traier
• Production Art Gallery : Earth/ Hermes/ Mars

Last edited:
I collect all kind of editions as long as they have great artwork. Thats why I have 0 FAC releases, because speaking for myself they all look medicore + no title is a no-go.

i think most people like FAC because theyre cheap and have good quality.. but i wont lie to myself and buy something i dont like just because its good value for money

@hatredhorror and @StifflersDad Yes some of Us collectors look at those bonus items more than 1 time and few seconds. If you are Unhappy with all the Bonus items you don't have to look at them. That is what collecting Fullslip packages is, its not just the fullslips but the extras that makes us feel like we spend our money wisely, without those Bonus items it feels like we are getting something cheap. I speak for myself but I am sure many feels this way, but the quality and amount of Bonus items are important in collecting those Fullslip releases. And they make us enjoy the release even more.

If you are so careless on those Bonus Items, why collect Fullslip releases ? why not collect simply the bare steelbook and let others be happy with their bonus item.

I assumed most people collect fullslip editions because they want the “Fullslip”. Not because they want 25 cheap photo cards they could print off the internet themselves.

I assumed most people collect fullslip editions because they want the “Fullslip”. Not because they want 25 cheap photo cards they could print off the internet themselves.

you know I have never seen you posting 1 nice or positive comment on this site, every time you post its all about negativity. I don't even read you anymore, its pointless to read what you have to say.

This message board is made to ''contribute'' and exchange with other members, there is a way to bring ''constructive criticism'' on a subject as opposed to ''just complain needlessly'' like you always do, but I guess it seems you do not have the skill set to exchange on such a level with members on here.

The main problem I see is that the merits of one release become the detriment of the other. There is no reason why each cannot be considered worthy on its own. I buy from both so often enjoy each release on its own merits. I mostly appreciate the fact that FAC editions have a lot put into them and as a result delays are natural. For Kimchi, I really like the fact that they can stick to schedule with their releases. The booklets are missing but often, the end product is top notch. Enjoy the FAC for all the extras, but other retailers dont have to match that. Sometimes the beauty is in the simplicity of the product and not how complex and extras included.

Thank you for your respectful and nicely worded Opinion and Observation. :thumbs:

Thank you for your respectful and nicely worded Opinion and Observation. :thumbs:

While I try to be respectful, I do agree with some of the somewhat negative sentiments expressed here. There are different types of collectors out there and it seems every time they say something, someone else has to ram how "superior" FAC edition is compared to this or that. So it kind of cuts both ways. This is a Kimchi release yet it is FAC this and that. This coming from a frequent participant in FAC group buys. I dont want to read about FAC here. It has its own dedicated thread.

FAC = High quality and most value for money. Each and every time.

All other retailers are hit and miss. Sometime they go all out or other times it has poor features but they still charge the same price regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Actarus and MADMEN
I have a few Film Arena titles and I think they are great. I also have a few Kimchidvd and Blufans and they are great too. I don't buy because they are Blufans or Film Arena, but because I like the film, and often because of the extras too.

The biggest problem in the UK is the stupid customs charges, which makes Film Arena more competitive. An invoice came from parcelforce today for an item I bought from Japan - the customs charges, including 'clearance' (something that surely every imported item regardless of value has go through, so I guess they stiff people that have items worth more than the miserly £18) came to a third of the value of the item, including shipping!

I'm quite jealous of my friends in the USA with something like a $140 limit for imports.

And I'm all for variety. It would have been nice to have to different artwork for the steelbook though.

I love kimchi but I'm not a fan of these releases with just post cards.

I prefer it when they add a few more things (like the amazing blu collection) and also WEA, saying that the slips look nice and my prefered choice would be the lenti but as I open them and keep the lentis/ full slips in a protective slip seperately to the steel this still has no spine title which does grind me so I'll be giving it a miss.
Shame as I really want this film

@hatredhorror and @StifflersDad Yes some of Us collectors look at those bonus items more than 1 time and few seconds. If you are Unhappy with all the Bonus items you don't have to look at them. That is what collecting Fullslip packages is, its not just the fullslips but the extras that makes us feel like we spend our money wisely, without those Bonus items it feels like we are getting something cheap. I speak for myself but I am sure many feels this way, but the quality and amount of Bonus items are important in collecting those Fullslip releases. And they make us enjoy the release even more.

If you are so careless on those Bonus Items, why collect Fullslip releases ? why not collect simply the bare steelbook and let others be happy with their bonus item.
You have misunderstood me. I don't want less goodies. I want BETTER goodies . And I buy a Fullslip edition for the FULLSLIP and not some cheap bits of card.

for me postcards or booklets are totally unnecessary. Fullslip/Lenti and Steelbook.
No need of the rest. Luckily tastes are different ;)
I think i will soon own FAC, HDZeta and the Kimchi Version of the Martian...oh yeah..and the
HMV one :D

While I try to be respectful, I do agree with some of the somewhat negative sentiments expressed here. There are different types of collectors out there and it seems every time they say something, someone else has to ram how "superior" FAC edition is compared to this or that. So it kind of cuts both ways. This is a Kimchi release yet it is FAC this and that. This coming from a frequent participant in FAC group buys. I dont want to read about FAC here. It has its own dedicated thread.

fair enough, but instinctively you do compare without trying to, and this has nothing to do with FAC. Its just natural when you are collecting different releases especially with the same title... they can be mentioned and compared as long as it is not an ongoing conversation in regards to a different release... as you are right this is the release to discuss the Kimchi edition.

But from Past Kimchi Exclusive, it is normal that we have the reflex on judging the release based upon the amount of bonus item it lacks(if this is important for the collector in question) as they usually make much more of an effort in regards to include bonus items. So comparing to past releases and seeing what they minimally include in this release of The Martian, feels kinda cutting corners a bit you know what I mean ? ...if at least they would have made a WEA Steel they would have an advantage, but they are even using the WWA steel as everyone else, so it is normal that it is being compared to similar releases.

But all that aside, to each his own ;)

meanwhile it think kimchi is the smaller brother of FA... copy the same stuff but not that good but higher price
they should keep focusing on their exclusive line..

Spectre
Maze Runner The Scorch Trials
Terminator Salvation
Fifth Element

Those are Kimchi's last steelbook releases in the last 28 days. KimchiDVD puts out more steelbook premium numbered releases than any other retailer out there. I say KimchiDVD is the king at the moment.

yeah exclusive line..
fifth element is a beast!
terminator salavtion is good too...

but okay like i said, you only need a lenti or fulllslip and people even buy 1,x imdb movies :D