The Martian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 30) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 17, 2016
Purchase links: (Pre-order on March 4 at 14:00 (Korea Time) - TIMEZONE CONVERTER
Full Slip (OOS)
Lenticular (OOS)
One Click (OOS)
Price: $40.99 (Individual editions) - $81 (One Click)
Note:
Full Slip (1,300 copies Numbered Card)
Lenticular (1,700 copies Numbered Card)
Group buy: Kaka1888

Type A (Full Slip) | Type B (Lenticular)

10931014_1836877796539429_3123581311859291178_n.jpg 12794461_1836877753206100_1758735098491901429_n.jpg

upload_2016-2-27_10-6-45.png

DISC 1 - 3D main title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Czech, Hungarian, 5.1, 5.1, Polish, Turkish 5.1
• subtitle: Korean, English, German, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hebrew,Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

DISC 2 - 2D & Special feature this title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, Russian 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Ukrainian, Thai 5.1,
• Subtitles: Korean, English, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese
• Special features Subtitles: Korean, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

Special Features

• Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction
• Occupy Mars: Casting and Cosumes
• Gag Reel
• Ares III: Refocused
• Ares III: Farewell
• The Right Stuff
• Ares: Our Greatest Adventure
• Leave Your Mark
• Bring Him Home
• Theatrical Traier
• Production Art Gallery : Earth/ Hermes/ Mars

Last edited:
yeah exclusive line..
fifth element is a beast!
terminator salavtion is good too...

but okay like i said, you only need a lenti or fulllslip and people even buy 1,x imdb movies :D

My point still stands. KimchiDVD is the king of Premium Numbered Steelbook Releases. The full slips they have done lately are knockout punches to every other retailer. Its always been about the slips. Nobody wants those overpriced 1/4 slips from Japan or Taiwan anymore.

Funny how you talk about anything with a slip gets bought these days. Seems as though PA is having hard time moving product lately. Wonder why. :LOL:

Reactions: Raggle Fraggle!
Spectre
Maze Runner The Scorch Trials
Terminator Salvation
Fifth Element

Those are Kimchi's last steelbook releases in the last 28 days. KimchiDVD puts out more steelbook premium numbered releases than any other retailer out there. I say KimchiDVD is the king at the moment.
They may be numbered but I would hardly call their release of Spectre or Scorch Trails as premium.

Reactions: Actarus
They may be numbered but I would hardly call their release of Spectre or Scorch Trails as premium.

You kidding? The full Slip for Spectre is amazing. That is premium. Collectors are not buying these editions because of the 50 cents worth of post cards and booklets. They are paying for the slip that has the artwork. Limited numbered editions with great artwork are what people are buying and betting on.

Any release that is numbered and comes with a slip is Premium. Hang around awhile and you will learn something.

Reactions: Radagast
My point still stands. KimchiDVD is the king of Premium Numbered Steelbook Releases. The full slips they have done lately are knockout punches to every other retailer. Its always been about the slips. Nobody wants those overpriced 1/4 slips from Japan or Taiwan anymore.

Funny how you talk about anything with a slip gets bought these days. Seems as though PA is having hard time moving product lately. Wonder why. :LOL:
i kind of don't agree with kimchidvd being king of premium numbered steelbook releases yeah there okay but i think novamedia have that honour of being king at present bringing out awesome steelbook releases :thumbs:

Quality over quantity. But hey, that's just me.

Lenti might turn out nice. The price tag is normal for exclusive. But I was under the assumption less goodies meant lower price tag. But hey, that's just me. :)

Reactions: StifflersDad
Sorry guys, I love FA but Kimchi and Nova make the highest quality slips and lentis anywhere.

What about PA? I would say PA/Nova > Kimchi > FAC. I only have two FAC (Birdman and John Wick). Birdman is nice, John Wick is alright, but most of the ones I've seen are just alright. I don't get the hype. No works of art like Nightcrawler, Perfume, The Master, Melancholia, etc.

Reactions: augustus and harry
Film Arena releases are better than Kimchi exclusives imo. I am in the numbered FAC group buy for the Martian. With that said, I do respect KimchiDVD even considering all the problems I've had with their service. I had the Taiwan steel of the Martian on order as a viewing copy. I will cancel that order and order one of these Kimchi versions as a viewing copy instead.

Thanks @harry for the tag!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Actarus
Still prefer the HDzeta slip art over KimchiDVD or FAC. The FAC has the booklet, the best goodie as far as I'm concerned, but I'm buying for the slip.

What about PA? I would say PA/Nova > Kimchi > FAC. I only have two FAC (Birdman and John Wick). Birdman is nice, John Wick is alright, but most of the ones I've seen are just alright. I don't get the hype. No works of art like Nightcrawler, Perfume, The Master, Melancholia, etc.

I can't say about PA. I have never owned one of their editions and I don't like to comment on the quality of something I have never owned.

Unfortunately with Brexit around thr corner and the £ weakening this is going to cost us in the UK £5-£6 more than what we normally pay. So looks like I will now try my luck in the secondary market.

I think Kimchi should have included a booklet as the rest of the packaging minis the title looks nice.

Reactions: Actarus