The Martian (Blu-ray SteelBook) (KimchiDVD Exclusive No. 30) [Korea]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: March 17, 2016
Purchase links: (Pre-order on March 4 at 14:00 (Korea Time) - TIMEZONE CONVERTER
Full Slip (OOS)
Lenticular (OOS)
One Click (OOS)
Price: $40.99 (Individual editions) - $81 (One Click)
Note:
Full Slip (1,300 copies Numbered Card)
Lenticular (1,700 copies Numbered Card)
Group buy: Kaka1888

Type A (Full Slip) | Type B (Lenticular)

10931014_1836877796539429_3123581311859291178_n.jpg 12794461_1836877753206100_1758735098491901429_n.jpg

upload_2016-2-27_10-6-45.png

DISC 1 - 3D main title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Czech, Hungarian, 5.1, 5.1, Polish, Turkish 5.1
• subtitle: Korean, English, German, Arabic, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Greek, Hebrew,Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Turkish
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

DISC 2 - 2D & Special feature this title
• Audio: English 7.1 DTS-HD MASTER LOSSLESS AUDIO,German 5.1 DTS, Russian 5.1 DTS, 5.1, Ukrainian, Thai 5.1,
• Subtitles: Korean, English, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Estonian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Ukrainian, Cantonese, Mandarin, Indonesian, Malay, Thai, Vietnamese
• Special features Subtitles: Korean, Danish, Finnish, German, Norwegian, Russian, Swedish,Cantonese, Mandarin, Thai
• Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 2.40: 1

Special Features

• Signal Acquired: Writing and Direction
• Occupy Mars: Casting and Cosumes
• Gag Reel
• Ares III: Refocused
• Ares III: Farewell
• The Right Stuff
• Ares: Our Greatest Adventure
• Leave Your Mark
• Bring Him Home
• Theatrical Traier
• Production Art Gallery : Earth/ Hermes/ Mars

Last edited:
Kimchi Full slip looks ok and I'm sure the lenti will be good but the overall package is lacking in my opinion compared to other full slip releases

In my opinion the Film Arena package is way better as an overall package for the contents considering it's the same WWA steelbook
I like Kimchi releases but lot of recent release have been not that impressive in terms of content missing booklets that used to be always part of a kimchi release

Film Arena Full slips have been getting lot better with each new release and are getting very close if not better than a kimchi release and cost a lot less

So glad there's a GB for this.
I'll traveling when it goes live on the Kimchi site ...and also missed out on the FilmArena version

So tempted by this , have requested a lenticular in the GB. Wish we had real photos of what they will look like though as I would of really liked to have seen what finish the full slip has.

Sadly for me, due to the fact that they clearly cut corners with the lack of bonus items = Fail

It was not missing much. It is just missing a set of Photo-cards and the Booklet that they usually add and it makes a whole world of difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: lgans316 and harry
Sadly for me, due to the fact that they clearly cut corners with the lack of bonus items = Fail

It was not missing much. It is just missing a set of Photo-cards and the Booklet that they usually add and it makes a whole world of difference.
The bonus items are things I don't care about on most of these. Get the slip right, and that is all that matters.
For the special editions I open - there is a special drawer (read: junk drawer) for things like Art Cards.
Seriously. What the hell am I supposed to do with a set of art cards?!:confused:
I don't see a lack of bonus as a failure. I mean- example (from another release): do I really need a MI:Rogue Nation Notepad and Coffee Mug? There is a lot of junk that makes up bonus material. (There ARE some nice bonus materials in some editions, but there are editions with bonus stuff that seems....weird and tacked-on -Like Notepads and Keyrings (which is very ZBox)).
That's just my opinion.:D

Last edited:
The bonus items are things I don't care about on most of these. Get the slip right, and that is all that matters.
For the special editions I open - there is a special drawer (read: junk drawer) for things like Art Cards.
Seriously. What the hell am I supposed to do with a set of art cards?!:confused:
I don't see a lack of bonus as a failure. I mean- example (from another release): do I really need a MI:Rogue Nation Notepad and Coffee Mug? There is a lot of junk that makes up bonus material. (There ARE some nice bonus materials in some editions, but there are editions with bonus stuff that seems....weird and tacked-on -Like Notepads and Keyrings (which is very ZBox)).

Who needs a slip? Like artcards it is just a piece of cardboard (sometimes with a lenti), hiding the real steelbook. I am just kidding of course. I agree that the slip itself is most important, but additional fan stuff, such as artcards, are always a very nice addition, indeed making a difference. Of course this is my personal point of view.

Best wishes,

Michael

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Actarus and C.C. 95

I agree for me bonus stuff like mugs, note pads, t-shirt are not bonus items that belong in a fullslip release.

The Fullslip is of course Very Important, but it is only a part of the release. YOU may put the bonus items like art cards/post-cards, character cards, booklets in a junk drawer, but not me ! Many of us DO enjoy looking at them and it is the reason why I collect those Fullslips, if not its money wasted might as well buy just the bare steel. I do enjoy all those Character cards, post cards, booklets, little posters, post-cards etc... within a superb Fullslip, to me that is a nice Fullslip release in term of bonus, all those bonus items make the release more exciting when they are quality bonus card items. Kimchi did Cinderella superbly, they had killer fullslip, they had the booklet, character cards and also some art-cards. it was not that many bonus items but it was enough to feel like I was not wasted my money. Did I enjoy them ? euuu YES ! Do I still enjoy what you so called junk ? YES as they are not junk to me !

Last edited:
looks like i am going for this release instead of FAC. really sux i missed the GB ='(
I would not worry. The Kimchi slips for this release will be much better in hand than FA or HDzeta. Their slip covers are very impressive of late. It seems all 3 companies had the same artwork options to choose from and I think Kimchi chose the best design. The back of the FA slips are really poor. The writing on the back of their unnumbered slip is super ugly. The Kimchi slip has the two best images from both FA slips on one slip cover front and back. Plus their lenticular image works much better as it uses an image in motion and not a static image. If you don’t care about cheap extras then these Kimchi releases will ultimately be the better of the three.

I agre for me bonus stuff liuke mugs, note pads, t-shirt are not bonus items that belong in a fullslip release, but the bonus stuff like art cards etc... you may put them in a junk drawer, but not me, I enjoy looking at them and it is the reason why I collect those Fullslips, if not its money wasted might as well buy just the bare steel. I do enjoy all those Character cards, post cards, booklets, little posters, post-cards etc... within a super Fullslip, to me that is a nice Fullslip release in term of bonus. Kimchi did Cinderella superbly, they had killer fullslip, they had the booklet, character cards and also some art-cards. it was not that many bonus items but it was enough to feel like I was not wasted my money. Did I enjoy do I still enjoy what you so called junk ? YES !!!
Everytime I open a fullslip package, I am putting aside the art cards for you!:LOL:
(I need to make a note to change drawer name to "___'s Art cards"!:D).

Last edited:
I would not worry. The Kimchi slips for this release will be much better in hand than FA or HDzeta. Their slip covers are very impressive of late. It seems all 3 companies had the same artwork options to choose from and I think Kimchi chose the best design. The back of the FA slips are really poor. The writing on the back of their unnumbered slip is super ugly. The Kimchi slip has the two best images from both FA slips on one slip cover front and back. Plus their lenticular image works much better as it uses an image in motion and not a static image. If you don’t care about cheap extras then these Kimchi releases will ultimately be the better of the three.
The Lenticular is the exact same cover as the HDZETA....