The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:

I took a big hit on the Avengers Taiwan, I'm happy for the person that bought it, if there on here congrats and enjoy. I still have one for my own collection :scat:

I'm getting rid of alot of my collection so no big deal. i would have spent that money on food anyway so at least I have something to show for it :LOL:

my collecting has evolved and so I am no longer only collecting steelbooks so I need the space.

It's a buyers market out there. I am now considering selling my collection especially the duplicates.

I don't really understand that tbh, if it is a buyers market out there (and it most definitely is), why don't you hang on to your stuff until the market is changing again? Most people on here (well, the sellers mostly, so...) are saying that they are not worried and steels will be around for a long time and values will rise again...

Reactions: Wreck
I don't really understand that tbh, if it is a buyers market out there (and it most definitely is), why don't you hang on to your stuff until the market is changing again? Most people on here (well, the sellers mostly, so...) are saying that they are not worried and steels will be around for a long time and values will rise again...

well, of course they are gonna say that :rolleyes: arnt they ;)

would you ? if you still had A pile of Steel books a Mile High ? (oh , I forgot , You just Sold up aswell !!)

have to try to maintain so kind of hype :naughty:

I speak with many Ebay guys & many forum Guys, and the general concensous is that only the Steelz listed in Sunnyx Thread will maintain any sort of Worth , now & in the Future ..

I am not talking about Steelz selling for $100 here !

I am talking about Steelz selling for $500.oo Plus & gainging Value Hard core , like TDK-fnac selling at 2K :D

too much money has been lost Via German Steel books & Asian Steel books , so guys are very cautious now, , just have to look at jsdvd stock, or YA, ect, ect..

there is to consider the release of Avengers , ie, THOR II & IM-3 , ect, ect..

but , as you can clearly see , that , many , many Asian steel books have lost their appeal now , and doesn't matter If you had a mega phone , the hype is gone, and Collectors, Acquires just aint buying it any more :ohno:

In fact they are more than over it now , just look at them sales from

I see on Evil bay these guys are on to it from Korea now selling steelz real cheap : :

TAKEN II (KR) for instance

some one (not mentioning names) , has it listed as RARE for approx $100plus :hilarious:

where as , some one else has 10 copies on-hand & already SOLD 13 Copies listed for $35.oo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blu-ray-Tak...esale_DVDs_Blu_ray_Movies&hash=item3a7dbe441a

who is winning this Battle ??

If this Post gets deleted or Edited , I dont give a Rats !!

Reactions: spartan83

would you ? if you still had A pile of Steel books a Mile High ? (oh , I forgot , You just Sold up aswell !!)

I speak with many Ebay guys & many forum Guys, and the general concensous is that only the Steelz listed in Sunnyx Thread will maintain any sort of Worth , now & in the Future ..

I am talking about Steelz selling for $500.oo Plus & gainging Value Hard core , like TDK-fnac selling at 2K :D

too much money has been lost Via German Steel books & Asian Steel books , so guys are very cautious now, , just have to look at jsdvd stock, or YA, ect, ect..

but , as you can clearly see , that , many , many Asian steel books have lost their appeal now , and doesn't matter If you had a mega phone , the hype is gone, and Collectors, Acquires just aint buying it any more :ohno:

I see on Evil bay these guys are on to it from Korea now selling steelz real cheap : :

some one (not mentioning names) , has it listed as RARE for approx $100plus :hilarious:

where as , some one else has 10 copies on-hand & already SOLD 13 Copies listed for $35.oo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blu-ray-Tak...esale_DVDs_Blu_ray_Movies&hash=item3a7dbe441a

Fair play Mr T.C.

You do crack me up whenever I read your posts :hilarious:

---------- Post added 02-17-2013 at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was 02-16-2013 at 11:56 PM ----------

Let's look at some positive steels going well on 'bids'.

Ebay Link

Thor 3D Thai release going for £132 and counting.

Didnt you previously disregard this steel Mr T.C. as it wasn't selling well?

Reactions: Naughtius Maximus
and the ebayer selling Thor 3D is a great friend of mine and thankfully he is not OCD.:scat:

you must be careful who you claim is OCD , as you may receive a Strike for it EEK!

I say that the Avengers Steelz will do well,as that is what I said in previous post , , so naturally , some will progress faster than others ..

But no Sexy Slip on that Thor TH 3D , is there :scat:

on the contrary , plz read my Post & you will see :naughty:

But , even only last week, the 2D TH version of this Steel book from a great member on here only brought a meagre 62 GBP on Evil Bay :(

So, its all about correct timing, as well ? and 3D , is still starting to build support, so I am not suprised that the THOR is getting good bids :)

take a look at the Last 2 French 2D THOR's that Sold on Evil Bay :naughty:

And these guys have No Private bidders :rolleyes: , yet still bring in the Lolly pops ;) ~ eventually , I think the message will get across :emb:

Last edited:
Reactions: pokjak290
It's no wonder you can't buy one any place else but Ebay. All these jerks buying up 20 copies. Ridiculous.

well, at least he is a Local Guy, and he didn't list it as RARE ~ for $100 plus :hilarious:

he seems to have real good prices , which is a good thing as it keeps the scalpers from marking up the odd few they manage to get their Mitts on !!

and that goes for most of his steelz , all fair reasonable prices :scat: and he / her is selling a stack of them :)

I think I am just gonna get my Steelz from hom / her now , instead of paying more from JSDVD or K2, Kimichi, ect, ect.. as he allways got stacks of steelz in stock & feed back looks Ok :scat:

Reactions: pokjak290

I know I know, I quit steel collecting for various reasons, dropping prices was just one of them - too bad my Digibook addiction kicked in at the same time and hit me harder than steelbooks ever did :hilarious:

I was just wondering why lgans316 claimed that he is getting rid of steel "now that its a buyers market", seemed like a contradiction... and I totally agree on German steelbooks taking a beating pricewise - thank god I still got most of them for retail prices :naughty:

Lets go back to high prices on ebay, there still must be some somewhere, right :hilarious: