The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
well, of course they are gonna say that :rolleyes: arnt they ;)

would you ? if you still had A pile of Steel books a Mile High ? (oh , I forgot , You just Sold up aswell !!)

have to try to maintain so kind of hype :naughty:

I speak with many Ebay guys & many forum Guys, and the general concensous is that only the Steelz listed in Sunnyx Thread will maintain any sort of Worth , now & in the Future ..

I am not talking about Steelz selling for $100 here !

I am talking about Steelz selling for $500.oo Plus & gainging Value Hard core , like TDK-fnac selling at 2K :D

too much money has been lost Via German Steel books & Asian Steel books , so guys are very cautious now, , just have to look at jsdvd stock, or YA, ect, ect..

there is to consider the release of Avengers , ie, THOR II & IM-3 , ect, ect..

but , as you can clearly see , that , many , many Asian steel books have lost their appeal now , and doesn't matter If you had a mega phone , the hype is gone, and Collectors, Acquires just aint buying it any more :ohno:

In fact they are more than over it now , just look at them sales from

I see on Evil bay these guys are on to it from Korea now selling steelz real cheap : :

TAKEN II (KR) for instance

some one (not mentioning names) , has it listed as RARE for approx $100plus :hilarious:

where as , some one else has 10 copies on-hand & already SOLD 13 Copies listed for $35.oo

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blu-ray-Tak...esale_DVDs_Blu_ray_Movies&hash=item3a7dbe441a

who is winning this Battle ??

If this Post gets deleted or Edited , I dont give a Rats !!

What have I been saying all along about stickers and slips? Maybe it comes as a great surprise to many of you, but I saw it all along. It wasn't because I was "jealous" or "envious" of those people who have these (rare?) slips. Its just that it was way too risky to be paying so much more, for something that is identical to many others. I don't think that all the slips will decrease in value. The super hero ones like Captain America TW has great potential. Therefore Thor JP in theory SHOULD do a bit better than Cap, since Thor seems to be a bit more popular than Cap. Iron Sky seems to have alot of potential, as well as Elite Squad. They are true exclusives, and should rise in value. I actually really like those steels. I would hate to see all of them loose value though. Alot of people losing money is not good, it would be a shame actually. I would not like that if it happened to me, therefore I wouldn't wish it on anyone else.

As for "only" the $500+ steels gaining in value, they are definitely not the "only" ones. Do yourself a favor and checkup on the prices of the FS Disney IP's and MB's. The older ones, people will stick a price tag of at least $100 on it, and they don't give a damn if you won't buy it, someone will. So if any if you are missing any of the older titles, you better act quick. As it stands, you might be S.O.L already, as I've seen U.S empty cases going for $75+ lol.

US empty cases going for US$75!?EEK!

Beauty and the Beast Bud. Not even the much rarer FS version either it was actually $60 + $15 shipping. I was in shock too. But hey, I don't make the rules. I just build my collection a certain way, and hope for the best.

So what does this mean? Way higher than y'all expected? Is this like the third rarest Thor too?

I think the ranking should look like this: (value)

Thor NZ
Thor JP
Thor KOR
Thor TH 3D (only confirmed if more than only this one sell for 255GBP or more)
Thor FNAC
Thor NL
Thor UK
and then the rest....;)

Reactions: SlimJim24
I've never really heard anything about Thor nz what was the print run? Anyone know? What does it look like?

Nobody knows the print run for sure...a lot of people say less than 250

There is a thread here on HDN where one member uploaded a pic from an open one...looks like nothing special(the slips from the korean and JP ones are better)but i am sure if you would upload one on ebay a lot of rich collectors would pay top money for it:naughty:

Nobody knows the print run for sure...a lot of people say less than 250

There is a thread here on HDN where one member uploaded a pic from an open one...looks like nothing special(the slips from the korean and JP ones are better)but i am sure if you would upload one on ebay a lot of rich collectors would pay top money for it:naughty:

Well that just doesn't seem fair

I do wonder why pay US$66 when a person can buy Skyfall TW from jsdvd for less....

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

So what does this mean? Way higher than y'all expected? Is this like the third rarest Thor too?

It is a lot higher than I expected. I thought Thor TH was worth less than US$200. I guess Thor seems to be the rage at the moment.

Amazing, ended at £255!

Thats really an amazing price! Surprised me too...

I think the ranking should look like this: (value)

Thor NZ
Thor JP
Thor KOR
Thor TH 3D (only confirmed if more than only this one sell for 255GBP or more)
Thor FNAC
Thor NL
Thor UK
and then the rest....;)

There is also Thor AUS and HK to throw into the fray, not even including other releases like Germany, South Africa and Portugal. Thor is truly a resounding success, even though it is the same steel worldwide...

Reactions: Marina Blue

Well its not £125 they paid, if you look at the history most is £47. Seller bumped it up to £125.

Not the third rarest, can't be, because I used to own one :hilarious:

It's way higher than my expectations. I think it was one of those 'lucky' sales.I don't think Thor 3D TH is worth that at all. Most be 150 tops, and that is tops.

Reactions: Marina Blue