The "OMG the price is high on Ebay, etc!!!" thread

What is your spending limit for Steelbooks?

• I plead the 5th!

Votes: 14 2.6%
  • Under $100 for sealed "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 145 26.7%
  • Under $50 for any Steelbook

Votes: 139 25.6%
  • Over $100 for sealed, "Rare" Steelbook

Votes: 71 13.1%
  • I'll spend ANY amount to get a missing Steelbook for my collection!

Votes: 26 4.8%
  • It depends on the Steelbook-I decide at the time of purchase

Votes: 199 36.6%

• Total voters

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
So, we have the "Fake" and "Steelbook Price Drop" thread, but we don't yet have the thread where you post listings with "crazy" prices for Steelbooks. If you see any, post them here and have fun debating. As per forum rules, please remain respectful with each other-one person's "high price", could be another's "deal of a lifetime" score. Enjoy! :scat:

Please keep discussion to Ebay and other retailers, not private sellers.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...steelbooks.TRS0.TSS0&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=steelbooks&_sacat=0 steelbooks UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad he didn't extend the handling time. Order it, then file an INR and give him a neg?

I wonder if the handling time will be even longer now if all orders coming out of China, like Blufans' Black Panther and future Blufans editions are delayed due to politics. (see Blufans Black Panther steelbook thread)

That has been up for A WHILE!
If you actually scrutize the collection....a good deal Of the collection is DVD. (And, i think some VHS too?)
For that price, and to mostly have used DVD?!!! No freakin way anyone wants that.
God loves a trier though. I think this guy will have as much luck selling this as I would trying to sell my belly button fluff for a cool million.

Reactions: C.C. 95
Looking for some steelbooks?

View attachment 398866

If there are any steelbooks in there, and you get some dented, can you get a refund for the whole order? ;)

Yes this listing has been up for at least a year and probably a lot longer. I see it almost every time I search for a steelbook.
Of course the thousands of watchers are only watching it to see if anybody actually buys it.

I don't think anybody has ever made an offer.

I have looked - and I can find NO EVIDENCE that the seller actually sold one at this price.
(Maybe someone more schooled in ebay's mechanics can tell me how the seller gets it to say 1 sold...(when I would bet my grandmother's eyes That this seller never sold one at that price.)
1504C503-DD13-4A7D-9ED1-6C37F6992AE6.jpeg

Last edited:
I have looked - and I can find NO EVIDENCE that the seller actually sold one at this price.
(Maybe someone more schooled in ebay's mechanics can tell me how the seller gets it to say 1 sold...(when I would bet my grandmother's eyes That this seller never sold one at that price.)
View attachment 409906
Typo. Is actually $17.49. I offered him $10 and he declined.

• Informative
View attachment 409906
Can't you just click on where it says '1 sold' and you should be able to see what it ended at......?