The rant/blurb thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
Exactlly what it says. Feel free to blow off some steam or just to comment about something other than tech (no politics).

Just watch the language....Alpha LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a 100% on my first exam of the week!! :scat::scat:

really excited. it was what i thought would be the easiest test of the 4, but still, great start and i had to announce it somewhere :D

If you feel sleepy after eating lunch don't try to eat candy or drink soda to wake up as your body has already released insulin to try and regulate your blood sugar, a byproduct of this process sends a chemical (the name slips me)to your brain which is converted to tryptophan which as we all know makes us sleepy. Therefore feeding yourself more simple sugars will only make this crash worse and the calories will go straight to your sides. To avoid this situation entirely you should avoid foods with high carbs such as breads, and pastas and instead eat fruits and vegetables which have more complex sugars that take longer to break down.

I totally googled it.

I post this because I inadvertantly tanked my energy levels after lunch thinking if I ate a couple twizzlers I'd feel better and am now nodding off at my desk. To the point I googled why the hell I'm tired after lunch. I had chili and a sandwich.. loaded with carbs!

the_more_you_know.jpg

I hate being stuck at work until late. For the last 3-4 months I've been here around 10-13 hours straight every day...I am getting sick of this bs. I am too tired by the time I get home to do anything. Not sure how I wake up every morning lol

If you just knew my company that **** is not something to look forward to...lol they give me compensation days because the sales guys suck...this **** is stupid sometimes..

Just work less while on the clock, you'll feel better.

3-4 month's going on with over time?..and the company knows the sale guys suck?

Time for raise if they didn't give it to you already,i would speak up if it's effecting your home time....Sleeping & working,Sleeping again.

Last edited:
So yesterday I get off work early and head over to my grocery store to get the wife some NyQuil and on my drive in a guy had illegally parked in front of the store and flipped on his emergency lights, no big deal I guess. I make my way around his car and find a spot, hop out and head to the front door. By this point the guy who owned the car was sitting in his vehicle and a van behind him had honked to get him to move. This guy walking into the store says, "hey man, you can't park there, you have to move!"

I see the guy in the car get pissed off and flip the dude off and start running his mouth inside his car. By the time me and the guy who made the comment make it to the front door the guy in the car gets out and says, "Yeah go inside you stupid motherf*cker!" At this point I stop in my tracks and stare at the guy... sooo many thoughts running in my head about what to do with this guy. I size him up and he's medium build, pudgy, has a kid in his backseat... Wait.. A KID IN HIS BACKSEAT?! Had I been under 18 I'd of stomped this guy with little care knowing I wouldn't do any jailtime... On the other hand I'm thinking in my head, "you're going to get pissed off at a guy for telling you to move because you illegally parked in front of the store? You are the stupid motherf*cker." I wanted to slam this guys head in his door. Repeatedly. Note that I have anger problems... or psychotic f*cking episodes....choose your flavor.

Finally, my brain clicked over to "it's not worth it" mode and I just stood there staring at the guy, hoping he'd get carried away. He made no mention of my stares and drove off, but I was wondering how far that guy was willing to take his stupidity at the same time. "Surely if he would just swing first I could have dragged his dumb ass into the store to get some witnesses before I attempted to squeeze the life out of him" I was thinking the whole time I was there getting NyQuil. This guy was looking for a well deserved ass-kicking. I decided Karma will take care of him, and not to put anymore thought behind it.

I was completely dumbfounded that a human being could be so plainly arrogant, not to mention ready to fight and defend his own problems manifested from his ignorance.

Like, how do you goto a bar and say, "Man this guy told me to move cuz I illegally parked and I totally beat his ass" ?

I spent a good 30 minutes trying to decipher the psychology behind that guy... All you need is love, love, love.. Love is all you need! :drool:

@ Alpha,

It always amazes me at how some people just drive like they are entitled to something.... This guy obviously thought he was entitled to something as he didnt think the "Do Not Park" area was directed towards him :rolleyes:

I see these idiots every morning on my commute, the Chippenham Parkway in Richmond is the worst road I have ever driven on... unfortunately, I have to every day. To make it ever worse, the cops don't police it like they should so there are always a handful of people doing 80+ mph, speed limit is 60, and traffic usually moves at 70. I actually had a guy come flying up beside me a few days ago and squeeze his giant buick inbetween my car and the one in front of and then flip me off because I was apparently going too slow. I was doing 70:rolleyes: Again, the worst ones are the people who think they are entitled to that parking spot or are entitled to the left lane at 85 mph. Not sure how those idiots ever got the sense of entitlement in the first place.

I got a driving one for ya ....

So the wife and kid go early to church for some church class stuff, so I just meet up for mass. So I'm leaving to go to church and I go this back way out my apt. ... there is a right turn you make in the parking lot to then exit .....

so this guy is walking his rat dog and im slowly driving behind him he starts to make his right turna round that turn ... so imagine a curb that is a turn ... if you walk half way around the turn wouldnt you then expect that your ass is actually turning ? Like, headed in that direction? Across the street fromt his turn is a dumpster ... So this dude walking n talking on his cell walks halfway around this turn and then wham-o decides to totally just walk across the street and to the dumpster (no trash in hand).... dumbass, but whatevers right ...? No, not whatevers ... the ****** looks back at me and I see him jaw jacking ...

Well, funny thing is ... my motor went out on my window and since its winter I dont give a damn to get it fixed until after winter since my window is obviously up.

I'm not one to back down from anyone talking ****, so I open my door up and im like "Wassup!? Whut'ya say!?" ... I didnt think of it at the time, but I bet since i threw my door open I intimidated the guy, but in reality I just couldnt roll the window down so I wanted to see wassup and see if he wanted some. lol

He's like "You need to learn how to drive dude" ... so then I go to reply "dude, your ass is walking half way around a turn then wanna jump across the street!?" (without looking back mind you) he cuts me off and is like ... "You need to stop!" He starts making his way behind my car since im kinda like in an angle to him so I can still see him in clear view from my door ... He's like, "Im calling 911!" ... "Im telling them your drunk!"

:wtf:? I never even got out my car more less I'm headed to church lol .... hadn't drank anything in dayyyyyys ... what a f'n pu$$y. I'll see this guy again im sure as Its not a huge apartment complex. I just drove off, before I did something I regretted .... ofcourse I was steamed in church and felt like there was no reason being there cause all I wanted to do was beat this dudes ass. lol. The lord prevailed, I was calm when I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.