The Road (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

digitalbabe

Premium Supporter
Apr 12, 2009
USA
Release date: 11 August 2014 (was August 4th, 2014)
Buy link: The Road
Note: Limited to 2000

wtVDMv1403870018.jpg

Attachments

• thumb.jpg
    thumb.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 316
Last edited by a moderator:
Very sad movie..saw it at the theater...beautiful cinematography, anything viggo will be mine. Go white steelbook with no stupid quote on the back like a lot of other zavvis recently..

The most depressing film I have seen, but very well done.

hopefully the white is white.

;)

Oh boy, am I a happy camper. I was buying the Amaray of this just last night on eBay only the seller changed his postage quote to a higher price so I cancelled it!

I would be sickened if I had seen this afterwards!! :ohno:

Really liked this film (if a bit depressing!)

Both of you should watch
The Divide
http://imdb.com/rg/an_share/title/title/tt1535616/

Now that's depressing:'(

Buy I've seen this movie twice and both times I have fully enjoyed it! Great use of Surround sound on the Falling Tree's Scene plus Great LFE!! INSTANT PURCHASE FOR ME!!

A very good film, but only a 'watch once' affair for me

I've watched it 4 times and can't wait to get this steelbook so I can see it again!

This design looks great, very classy - very book-like. :LOL:

Very sad movie..saw it at the theater...beautiful cinematography, anything viggo will be mine. Go white steelbook with no stupid quote on the back like a lot of other zavvis recently..

That seems to be a Studio Canal thing. This should be safe as it's Icon.
I think repeated artwork would finally look good, just imagine the same on the back without text nor characters...just an empty road would be fitting and quite poignant.

Last edited:
Don't see this being a big seller. In fact, I don't understand why it exists as a SteelBook at all

So...because you don't like it you don't see why anyone else could possibly like it?! What a strange viewpoint!

I'm over the moon with TWO of my top 10 wanted steelbooks announced today. :LOL:

BTW - It could do with far less writing all over the front, but otherwise this is potentially awesome.

Last edited:
Love the film. I've been wanting the Australian digipack(w/cd soundtrack) for ages, might go for this instead now.

Won't happen I know, but how cool would it be if they included the OST! ;)

I usually don't like to double dip, but zavvi keeps making it more difficult not to. After There Will Be Blood, City of God, Jackie Brown, and now this! As long as its not too expensive I'll most likely pick this up to, depressing but great film imo.

Yet to see the film or read the book, but I am familiar with Cormac McCarthy and everyone tells me The Last of Us ripped this off. If its actually white I'd be interested at the right price.

I really liked this film. Only seen it once but zavvi are releasing far too many of these limited releases that it's becoming ridiculous. At least with the 4000 prit runs you had a chance to budget and get the ones you want a little later down the line. Plus £17.99 is a stretch each time for these old releases. July & August is crazy now and will possibly have to cancel a few and I can only see the comming months getting packed up like those 2. They already have about 6 they announced a few months back that have had no updates (dead mans shoes, hero, gone baby gone, drag me to hell etc) and every few weeks announcing more. I think they should limit these limited print runs to 2 or 3 a month, 1 to 2 Disney steels a month (some months none), then that makes room for new releases and arrow etc. just my opinion

Yet to see the film or read the book, but I am familiar with Cormac McCarthy and everyone tells me The Last of Us ripped this off. If its actually white I'd be interested at the right price.

I wouldn't say the game ripped this off. The only 2 similarities are the Apocalyptic setting and Man And child relationship. Same thing thing could be said of Book of Eli. Both Game and Movie are very good, Highly recommended.

Reactions: Noodles
I really liked this film. Only seen it once but zavvi are releasing far too many of these limited releases that it's becoming ridiculous. At least with the 4000 prit runs you had a chance to budget and get the ones you want a little later down the line. Plus £17.99 is a stretch each time for these old releases. July & August is crazy now and will possibly have to cancel a few and I can only see the comming months getting packed up like those 2. They already have about 6 they announced a few months back that have had no updates (dead mans shoes, hero, gone baby gone, drag me to hell etc) and every few weeks announcing more. I think they should limit these limited print runs to 2 or 3 a month, 1 to 2 Disney steels a month (some months none), then that makes room for new releases and arrow etc. just my opinion

I think August alone has close to 20 releases. Hopefully these dates will change and get spaced out a bit.

Reactions: Flloydo

on the flip side only the big hitters seem to sell out. So I think you could probably still get this weeks or months after release. So I think you can still budget.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 AM ----------

I wouldn't say the game ripped this off. The only 2 similarities are the Apocalyptic setting and Man And child relationship. Same thing thing could be said of Book of Eli. Both Game and Movie are very good, Highly recommended.

dont be talking down on Book of Eli! ;)

One of my fav films....

Reactions: ocielz and Flloydo
I'm glad to see Icon back in the game, I really hope they release Transsiberian in the near future. I guess there are going to be a lot of disappointed members when it is revealed that the Drive release with Mondo artwork is a Zavvi exclusive though. :naughty: