The Thing (1982) (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: September 20, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on August 3 Red Carpet live, general sale at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £29.99

The Thing SteelBook.jpg

Open.jpg Inside.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A debit card from Zavvi would have embossing :p :rofl:
Not necessarily, actually. Some debit and credit cards are now being produced without any embossing - all the details previously embossed are now just printed on. I have both a debit and credit card now with no embossing at all (both issued earlier this year). The embossing was really only for use in the old 'zip-zap' type machines in shops where the card would be placed to imprint the details embossed on the card to a piece of tracing paper like material. I don't know the last time I saw one of those used now, though - must be quite a number of years. They were still used occasionally as a back-up should the electronic card machine fail (which happened a lot more often in the early days of their use).

Apologies for the source of this particular article:

• Haha
Reactions: paulboland
I know that Zavvi did it with the True Romance SteelBook Editions and it looks like Zavvi is now shipping out orders that contain multiple copies of The Thing SteelBook in 1 larger box instead of the individual white boxes.

This is unfortunate because the boxes used for True Romance were very thin cardboard and they don't have any extra cardboard in it like the white boxes. They did use some Sealed Air bags in the box but I prefer the individual white boxes for single SteelBooks that don't have slips.

I know that Zavvi did it with the True Romance SteelBook Editions and it looks like Zavvi is now shipping out orders that contain multiple copies of The Thing SteelBook in 1 larger box instead of the individual white boxes.

This is unfortunate because the boxes used for True Romance were very thin cardboard and they don't have any extra cardboard in it like the white boxes. They did use some Sealed Air bags in the box but I prefer the individual white boxes for single SteelBooks that don't have slips.
The swines...

• Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Stygian

Ive had 2 lots of 3 turn up in the last 2 weeks like that. So far so good. But I suppose your journey is further. However if something heavy crushes it then they are all f**ked. But then it’s also rare I have more than 1 steel dispatched on the same day and those 2 lots of 3 were 2 separate orders of 3 steels ordered at the same time. I’m not sure if the same will happen for separate orders, pre ordered at different times but dispatched on the same day.

Reactions: Stygian
Ive had 2 lots of 3 turn up in the last 2 weeks like that. So far so good. But I suppose your journey is further. However if something heavy crushes it then they are all f**ked. But then it’s also rare I have more than 1 steel dispatched on the same day and those 2 lots of 3 were 2 separate orders of 3 steels ordered at the same time. I’m not sure if the same will happen for separate orders, pre ordered at different times but dispatched on the same day.
I've got the steel and the CE both in the same dispatch notification so who knows how they will turn up.

Reactions: Flloydo and Stygian
I ordered 2 copies of the steelbook and the dispatch e-mail indicates they were shipped together. I hope they arrive safely!

Plus they rattle around in the huge box and get the shrink wrap all tatty. That’s what happened to my true romance. Fortunately no damage to the item itself. Those white boxes are surprisingly strong.

A little disappointed with this. It arrived this morning and the printing is quite dark compared to art like the parasite steelbook. If I was the artist and this turned up, I wouldn’t be happy. All the subtle details in the face have been lost And the overhead lights are virtually lost in the background. Such a shame.

A little disappointed with this. It arrived this morning and the printing is quite dark compared to art like the parasite steelbook. If I was the artist and this turned up, I wouldn’t be happy. All the subtle details in the face have been lost And the overhead lights are virtually lost in the background. Such a shame.
Good match with the other Carpenter steels though?

I hope mine comes today. Although that has as much with my how to train your dragon trilogy coming too lol.

Reactions: Fmac72
I was afraid that would happen. Leave it to WB to f***up a Ferguson steel. Guess a matte finish too?