The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
Wow, that’s pretty bad and I thought they had figured all these issues out by now....but more, numerous delays....not good and so glad I didn’t cave and pre-order.
How many of their few releases were not delayed?
There are 3 I know of. Was there any issues with The Mummy or Scott Pilgrim? Killer Clowns was ok right? So 50% or items are delayed or have issues?
From experience even Blufans aren’t that bad(of 4 titles I own, only one had an issue)

Going to hold out for discounts for this as well as Hot Fuzz(the latter a, expecting to get one in Nov as that’s when Shaun got one last year)

Hi Everybody,

We are almost there, we have all the elements for King Kong and The Worlds End in. We put just as much care, time and attention into our products as we do to our postage and packaging.

This is why a little more time is needed to get your products packed, processed and shipped, so shipping will now start on the 20th of May (Just two weeks) for both King Kong & The World's End.

We know that there are those who will be disappointed & we sincerely apologise. We will be working late on the weekend & Bank Holiday to ensure you get your orders asap.

Thanks for your continued support.
Must be some postage that it takes two weeks to sort:thumbs: In other words, they aint done yet :oohyeah::whistle:

Personally, I long ago stopped worrying about when things ship.
No one is more frustrated than the company itself with delays. I'm sure they would much rather be working on future products.
It ships, when it ships.
I've lived without it this long, 2 weeks is a minor inconvenience. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: Grendel and dfoles
Personally, I long ago stopped worrying about when things ship.
No one is more frustrated than the company itself with delays. I'm sure they would much rather be working on future products.
It ships, when it ships.
I've lived without it this long, 2 weeks is a minor inconvenience. :)
Right on man. These delays are minor inconveniences like, for example, an itch I may get in a hard to reach place on my ass. So ok, eventually it gets taken care of.:thumbs:

Right on man. These delays are minor inconveniences like, for example, an itch I may get in a hard to reach place on my ass. So ok, eventually it gets taken care of.:thumbs:
Right, I learned this lesson with Blufans Wall-E. Everyone giving EverythingBlu crap about delays seems to forget that’s how a lot of premiums companies started out.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
I think EB should just not put release dates on their page and just say what quarter it will be in. I'm looking forward to this, so can wait as long as it takes.
No reason to do that
No difference to a lot of other retailers listing a release date and shipping from release date
It's only a few retailers that ship before release date

Release date don't mean that is when you get delivery by

Release dates are always subject to change and happens with a lot of other film distributor and retailer releases
What is important is customer get told of any changes to release date and EverythingBlu do provide this unlike some other retailers that have changes and not inform customers

No reason to do that
No difference to a lot of other retailers listing a release date and shipping from release date
It's only a few retailers that ship before release date

Release date don't mean that is when you get delivery by

Release dates are always subject to change also and happens with a lot of other film distributor and retailer releases
What is important is customer get told of any changes to release date and EverythingBlu do provide this unlike some other retailers that have changes and not inform customers
IDK, to give an initial release date of 4th March after having artwork finalised (posted steel proof on 18th December), then have it not ship (or arrive) until 3 months later just makes them seem crap, no matter if the issues are theirs or the supplier or whatever. Most people paid for this in December when pre-order was live.

We were notified of the first delay 10 days before 4th March, changing it to 8th April...
Then on 3rd April we were notified it was now 6th May...
On the 3rd May, changed to 20th May...

I'm not bashing them as I really want it, I know the release will be good and I know they're a small company. If they put a quarter or a month then put a concrete date once they know when everything is sorted then I'd much prefer that as at the moment, they're always releasing "late" and I know they have started shipping, but I didn't have any confidence in that 20th May actually being met.

I will wait for their xmas sales if they plan on any. SOTD not sold out, hardly think this will anytime soon...
Same
Waiting for a drop on Hot Fuzz and this especially as am happy with the steel I have for this movie, so don’t fancy paying film costs for just the slip and extras essentially

Hopefully they’ll do a Christmas in a July sale or something lol. Anyone remember how low the SotD Blu box dropped before finally selling out?