The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
If anyone bothered to actually read the thread on SOTD then they would have seen that complaints were not abundant until AFTER RELEASE when they told lie after lie about shipping and were waiting to get funds from their next preorder before shipping out product.

People eat Blu fans up because the quality always speaks for its self

Blu fans are in a different league then EB so if they have a delay it's not the end of the world as you know what you are getting is going to be top notch.

I think a delay with an established company like Blufans is even more disgraceful. They've had years to get things right. Shouldnt be any delays or screw ups.

• Thanks
Reactions: dfoles
I think a delay with an established company like Blufans is even more disgraceful. They've had years to get things right. Shouldn't be any delays or screw ups.

True but if you are waiting for a release from Blu fans and it's delayed you know in the end you are going to get a great well finished product, you'd probably think "well there must be a reason, just hopefully they take their time so the end product looks great". With EB the quality just isn't there and it's not just about delays it's mostly to do with the art, look how many times back and forth they went with the Hot Fuzz front art and even then it still didn't look good.

So okay they got it wrong maybe they'll try extra hard for the Worlds End steelbook, learn from their mistakes right? After seeing the badly photoshopped front art here....nope. If Blufans did something like that then there would be hell on, no one would just let it slide and "eat it up". People get their due, you make a good product you are fine, people support you, you make a bad one then yeah you are going to be called out.

Their reply and wording is no different to any other online retailer or on social media dealing with a similar issue. I don’t get why your getting so confused about it.

Yeah it’s a load of bollox but still a bog standard, praise yourself, show no backing down, everyone loves it reply
No confusion.
I was merely pointing out their blatant lie.

Not because of delays.
Because they are LIARS
People eat Blu fans up because the quality always speaks for its self

Blu fans are in a different league then EB so if they have a delay it's not the end of the world as you know what you are getting is going to be top notch.
I think a delay with an established company like Blufans is even more disgraceful. They've had years to get things right. Shouldnt be any delays or screw ups.
The difference between EB and most other retailers is EB created the issue, by biting off more than they could chew AND lying about it. Then to cap it all off, lied through their teeth, not shipping many orders unless we contacted them first - mine shipped two days after I emailed them, about 2 weeks after due shipping date.
That’s disgusting behaviour. Either delay it until it’s ready, or don’t take the funds 4 months ahead of estimated ship date. Then to only ship to the handful of customers who contacted them, until (I believe) a month or more later when they finally got round to shipping all long overdue orders.
Then to come on here and lie about it....AND cherry on top, the end product was sub par. Cheap and nasty slip on card as thin as a cereal boxes....not what we, as collectors, were hoping for, led to believe we would get, OR expected,

When delays occur with others, it’s (as for example, the recent Avengers IW single lentis) down to quality control. Not cash flow teething problems.
So considering the quality is always better from other retailers, if it’s to keep up that’s high standard, most collectors don’t mind. Had the quality of EB’s Shaun of the dead been higher, I’d be more inclined to give them a second chance, but they even lied again saying the Hot Fuzz slips would be better quality, but that doesn’t appear to be the case based on thos who have both in hand. Plus, as far as I can tell, the like so of Blufans, FA etc didn’t lie.
That’s the simple answer - EB messed up and lied. Others are more upfront and honest, so get more slack as a result,
Think of a naughty child- if they fess up, you go a little easier on them for honesty. EB didn’t tell the truth so get a harsher punishment.

Point is, delays can hit anyone for any time, but it’s how it’s handled(as well as the end product bing worth the hassle, delay, etc) that dictates how customers/collectors will react.

Reactions: BigFudge17
......not shipping many orders unless we contacted them first - mine shipped two days after I emailed them, about 2 weeks after due shipping date

.. not that I´d dare say this wasn´t a clusterf*ck of epic proportions and I was prolly one of the few lucky ones... but my order shipped pretty much upon release without ever having to contact them ...

I tried to put myself in the shoes of others by trying to work up some contempt for EB but I just could not do it. Yes, some of their products are the equivalent of a B movie but, at least for me, they are cheaper than other retailers. :)

.. not that I´d dare say this wasn´t a clusterf*ck of epic proportions and I was prolly one of the few lucky ones... but my order shipped pretty much upon release without ever having to contact them ...
Oh am well aware a handful shipped as sheduled(tis why I used the term ‘many’ :) ) and as you say, you were certainly one of the lucky ones(congrats btw).

Not everyone had issues, but a huge majority experienced delays.

But despite you not experiencing issues directly, you can’t say you didn’t have a bitter taste in your mouth from the blatant lies and how things transpired as a whole - it wasn’t a good look, for any retailer,

I tried to put myself in the shoes of others by trying to work up some contempt for EB but I just could not do it. Yes, some of their products are the equivalent of a B movie but, at least for me, they are cheaper than other retailers. :)
Not exactly.....in the long run, yes, but steel for steel price, EB are a rip off.

Many premium steels are between $32-39 so cost price averages out to about the same vs £29 (average price being $35 would make imported steels, cheaper....again, at cost price, NOT including shipping which sadly is where the price jumps).
When importing, I’ve never come across a package or slip, as cheap and flimsy feeling as EB’s. The quality of slips varies but is always better, often with extra finish ie Eternal Sunshine’s, plastic texture for its slips(kimchidvd’s). Also, many times, we get gloss finishes also - had Shaun had a gloss finish, for me that difference would have justified the price. But instead is just another cheaper out decision. So discounting shipping, EB do NOT offer value for money.

However, yes, for us in the UK, who want catalogue titles, they do work out cheaper all said and done as we’re saving around £10-15 shipping per steel.
BUT, you get what you pay for. If you are not too fussed about the premium side of things and just want a slipped steel, then sure, these are great choices.

All that said, I will end up getting the other two movies from the trilogy, as the collector in me needs the set, despite how ugly the later release ended up being(yes it’s daft and am waiting for sale prices before I bite as I refuse to pay full price). Once these are put of the way, I can’t see me returning to EB until there is a huge change in the quality department. I’m on who would rather have less steels, paying more for the few I do get, having the best quality sets from whoever produces them, and so far, Asia seems to be the place to import from.

• Thanks
Reactions: nafosb
Oh am well aware a handful shipped as sheduled(tis why I used the term ‘many’ :) ) and as you say, you were certainly one of the lucky ones(congrats btw).

Not everyone had issues, but a huge majority experienced delays.

But despite you not experiencing issues directly, you can’t say you didn’t have a bitter taste in your mouth from the blatant lies and how things transpired as a whole - it wasn’t a good look, for any retailer,

true that...
it was all handled the worst way imaginable..

OK, not the greatest front design on this steelbook but I imagine with the reported excellent finish and treatment it's bound to be a lot better in the flesh . . . as for SHAUN: maybe time to stop picking that zit.

Even though these products are not for me when all's said and done it's good to see a domestic retailer coming up with and getting approval for WEA designs ... something not seen since the heady days of Entertainment Store (TRUE ROMANCE, NATURAL BORN KILLERS, WW Z, DIVERGENT, STAR TREK: INTO DARKNESS, ANCHORMAN 2 etc.) ... not taking into account other boutique steelbooks retailers such as Eureka and Arrow as I consider them more genre/cult.

However, looking at the seams on some of the EBlu slips on this forum they are I admit a bit of an embarrassment as I'm well aware of the days when the UK was considered a place of manufacturing excellence and back in the day the idea of going to China, S. Korea, the Czech Republic etc. for premium products would be considered absurd and anathema.
The UK was the original 'workshop of the world' and also well known for catering to the whims of the well-heeled from around the world - these people descended on the UK ...
... to buy everything their hearts desired - their bespoke suits made at Huntsman (Kingsman lol) or one of the other master tailors lined up on Savile Row or nearby Dover Street ... their pipes and tobacco blends from Dunhill and from the '70s also from Davidoff in and around St. James' Street, W. London ... where they would pick up their order for a dozen bespoke shirts from Turnbull & Asser or Harvie and Hudson or from one of the other bespoke shirt-makers up and down Jermyn Street, W1... their bespoke shoes from Lobb around the corner and their hats from the nearby Lock & Co.... their 'Best London' shotguns and rifles from one of the big three (Boss & Co., Purdey or Holland & Holland) ... their luxury goods from Asprey and Fortnum & Mason and from Harrods before it became an Arabian marketplace ...etc. etc.

Interesting move by EBlu ... to maybe give CM a run for their money:-

Today at 19:01
"New Year, New Edition. Introducing our all new BluPack's! Here is a breakdown of what to expect from our all new, BluPack Edition."

mail

The New BluPack

First off, we hope you all had a happy New Year and wanted to thank you all for the amazing support we received in 2018.

For 2019, we are very proud to announce our new premium edition, BluPack's.

Through your feedback we have put together a stunning new package that
we are sure you’ll appreciate.

mail

Premium Slip
Introducing a new larger premium slipcase with detailed finishes and made with quality material, with our best finish to date.​

mail

Art Cards
New larger art and characters cards printed on quality stock for a premium look and feel.
mail

The Best Titles
We choose some of the finest classic, cult and popular titles to transform into our new exclusive BluPack collector’s edition.​
mail

Display Art
Display original poster art with our new strut card, produced with extra thick premium material.
mail

Art Folder
Custom art folder containing all your collectables, including art & character cards.​
Our BluPack editions will feature a mix of 4K and Blu-ray titles and if you missed the announcement, Schindler's List, King Kong and Pitch Black will be our first three in the BluPack line-up.

More news coming very soon!

• Informative
Reactions: K.i.T and dfoles
Good thing they’re upgrading packaging, they really had to with the competition they have. I’m curious why you’re singling out CM @virkia

Got an email about this - shame none of th movies are of interest for me, but least they are finally improving quality.
Maybe one day they will be on par with the greats of Mantalab, Kimchi etc

I hope for the best for EverythingBlu. They had a rocky start but I think they’re generally good releases, and hopefully now with this new packaging they’ve solidified a working package to move forward.

I wish the US had a premium Steelbook company.

• Thanks
Reactions: steelmybeatingheart