The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
there have been steels in the past of this movie

hum.. that´s quite a bit of a stretch
afaik there´s been exactly 1 SteelBook release years ago when it originally came out.. never been reprinted/re-released, it´s OOP for ages and cheapest offer on amazon UK is currently £99.99
and that situation is what I was referring to

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
hum.. that´s quite a bit of a stretch
afaik there´s been exactly 1 SteelBook release years ago when it originally came out.. never been reprinted/re-released, it´s OOP for ages and cheapest offer on amazon UK is currently £99.99
and that situation is what I was referring to
And man is that steel a beauty! I hate that mine has a huge scratch on the back and it's so expensive to replace :(

• Thanks
Reactions: TobGud
I dont think they mean a poll. Just that most feedback given them on the facebook page was positive about the release which is what i have seen as well. If you do a poll here it would probably be mixed but I bet a poll on FB would be mostly positive.

Last edited:
I dont think they mean a poll. Just that most feedback given them on the facebook page was positive about the release which is what i have seen as well. If you do a poll here it would probably be mixed but I bet a poll on FB would be mostly positive.

Their Facebook is always posstitive as it's usually the same dozen or so people over praising them thinking there's not a fault in anything. It's probably why they ignore us on here as we give actual criticism they can't seem to swallow. Hell if you go onto the Zavvi posts when they reveal Steelbooks they are mostly posstiive aswell while here, it's a different story.

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Their Facebook is always posstitive as it's usually the same dozen or so people over praising them thinking there's not a fault in anything. It's probably why they ignore us on here as we give actual criticism they can't seem to swallow. Hell if you go onto the Zavvi posts when they reveal Steelbooks they are mostly posstiive aswell while here, it's a different story.
Lol yeah... collecting feedback from their own Facebook page probably isn't the best idea, since the majority of people who bother to follow it are actual fans of EB, so of course the majority of feedback is going to be positive. The proof will be in their sales anyway... if they're still stuck with stock after a while, then surely they must realise they're doing something wrong.

they do look amazing all lined up like that

shame that Shaun's slips inside the box are quite cheap and the artwork on consecutive steels just degrades.

Could(and should have been) a great set

here its the truth

Lol yeah... collecting feedback from their own Facebook page probably isn't the best idea, since the majority of people who bother to follow it are actual fans of EB, so of course the majority of feedback is going to be positive. The proof will be in their sales anyway... if they're still stuck with stock after a while, then surely they must realise they're doing something wrong.

Yeah exactly.

I don't understand it though, I mean it's not like we're all being c**** here for the sake of it, we criticise because we're trying to help. As a potential consumer we want a product to be fantastic in order to go all in and buy that said product. I love Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and The Worlds End but the packaging, artwork, goodies for these releases haven't been the best. If they had some fantastic artwork, hell even the standard film poster artwork I'd have bought them in a heartbeat but when they are awful, badly photoshopped, not the best materials and the like then yeah I'd rather say something to help them in the future.

I don't understand why most ignore sites like this, we could help, we want to help because we want to see the best steelbooks and collector's editions so we can buy them. No point taking feedback from Facebook when, like you said, they are going to be fans of EB regardless and they also might just be big fans of the film that will buy anything related to it.

Let us help guys. Do polls, ask us our opinions, share concept ideas to gain a reaction before you go through with it, we are here to help. I mean jeez look how much most of us spend of Blufans stuff and why do we do it? Because the quality is there.

That’s a point, can anyone who bought all 3 compare the slip quality?

Shaun is super cheap feeling in finish and EB themselves said to me that Hot Fuzz would be sturdier and better quality...,I’d like to know from an honest ninja if that was the case(shall post this in Hot Fuzz also)

The EBlu lenticular slip with the previous steelbook looking like a marriage made in heaven :drool:

As to why EverythingBlu doesn't bother posting here any more I think the answer to that is obvious ...

Where do they even imply there was a poll? Lol. Apart from yeslek mentioning it for some odd reason.
Do you really think a company who are trying to sell a product are gonna agree after they have personally designed a item and already on its way to being printed? Don’t make me laugh.
They are just acting like any company would.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that Amy! We agree too however, we’re not the greatest designers in the world and it’s the best we can come up with for now whilst watching YouTube videos on how to edit and photoshop.

Hopefully we get better with time and our designer (me) can complete his (my) free course quicker than anticipated.

Rest assured Amy, we will improve hopefully in the next 47 years!.... give us a chance and thanks for showing interest in our product regardless of it being 99.9 negative”

That’s a point, can anyone who bought all 3 compare the slip quality?

Shaun is super cheap feeling in finish and EB themselves said to me that Hot Fuzz would be sturdier and better quality...,I’d like to know from an honest ninja if that was the case(shall post this in Hot Fuzz also)
Hot Fuzz had the worst slips I've ever seen, Shaun was cheap, but at least the corners were square, HF was like they folded the slip around the steel.
Sold em both and got the ¼slip.

Hot Fuzz had the worst slips I've ever seen, Shaun was cheap, but at least the corners were square, HF was like they folded the slip around the steel.
Sold em both and got the ¼slip.
Hot Fuzz was weird. Rounded edges, looked like the wrapped thin paper over a weird cigar box kinda thing.

I didn’t have any issues with the slipcover quality for Shaun.
7E704BD4-2EB2-4C02-A07B-3BF307249C8C.jpeg

I always find this a difficult issue. There are always people complaining about not liking something and write about it. You can’t make it right for everyone. But there are not that many writing something positive when they do like something.

It’s the same on this forum. Most of the threads are “negative”. People love to complain. They are good at it.

I think EB reacted in the best way possible.

1000 people can like the art and 20 not. Why stop then. For those 20 people?! As long as they sell enough to make a profit they’re on the right track. If not, well, the complainers were right. Lesson learned. Next.

I always find this a difficult issue. There are always people complaining about not liking something and write about it. You can’t make it right for everyone. But there are not that many writing something positive when they do like something.

It’s the same on this forum. Most of the threads are “negative”. People love to complain. They are good at it.

I think EB reacted in the best way possible.

1000 people can like the art and 20 not. Why stop then. For those 20 people?! As long as they sell enough to make a profit they’re on the right track. If not, well, the complainers were right. Lesson learned. Next.

One thing I will say though is the comments about social media are so correct. Honestly look at zavvis when they announce a dire title or somthing with openly bad art. They all praise it and it’s the same people. I always feel they are lying to the company or scared to tell the truth in case zavvis “witty” twitter person might be rude to them in the future or even ban them (lol). Always the same suspects.

Whereas on here, everyone equally praises if it’s worth praise. At the end of the day, it’s all subjective what we like and our tatstes but the majority votes on bad art or good art can be seen clearly (and I’ve been that % on the opposite sides a thousand times - liking something most don’t etc and vice versa)

Apart from the same usual suspects who hate a illustrated art or Mondo art because it’s not a original poster (those guys do really p*ss me off) then I actually take into consideration most peoples taste on here and their opinion on a release. Apart from one member who I seem to like the opposite to what they do and I personally think has horrendous taste - and it’s not Virkia lol

I’ve worked in customer service all my working life for a lot of big names so I know exactly how a company will reply to people complaining about a item and how it looks. You lie about how much you love the product and that’s it’s selling well and you’ll pass on their feedback to a fake team. Lol and that’s it (that’s the point of my fake email to Amy above)