The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
Where do they even imply there was a poll? Lol. Apart from yeslek mentioning it for some odd reason.
Do you really think a company who are trying to sell a product are gonna agree after they have personally designed a item and already on its way to being printed? Don’t make me laugh.
They are just acting like any company would.

“Oh yeah, sorry about that Amy! We agree too however, we’re not the greatest designers in the world and it’s the best we can come up with for now whilst watching YouTube videos on how to edit and photoshop.

Hopefully we get better with time and our designer (me) can complete his (my) free course quicker than anticipated.

Rest assured Amy, we will improve hopefully in the next 47 years!.... give us a chance and thanks for showing interest in our product regardless of it being 99.9 negative”
I mentioned the lack of of a poll as EB claimed that the majority of people like the artwork for TWE steelbook.
How could they know unless they asked ie a poll. We all know for a fact, it wasnt on here.

Whether they even had a poll, or are just spinning the truth about awful artwork, w cant be sure.

Hot Fuzz had the worst slips I've ever seen, Shaun was cheap, but at least the corners were square, HF was like they folded the slip around the steel.
Sold em both and got the ¼slip.
Am wanting to sell mine, but I'm currently Hot Fuzz steel-less so need a copy from somewhere and was going to suck it up and at least have it match Shaun - based mostly on the fact that EB claimed they would improve the lenti/fullslip quality (which I dont believe, hence asking here for honest opinions - thanks btw)

One thing I will say though is the comments about social media are so correct. Honestly look at zavvis when they announce a dire title or somthing with openly bad art. They all praise it and it’s the same people. I always feel they are lying to the company or scared to tell the truth in case zavvis “witty” twitter person might be rude to them in the future or even ban them (lol). Always the same suspects.

Whereas on here, everyone equally praises if it’s worth praise. At the end of the day, it’s all subjective what we like and our tatstes but the majority votes on bad art or good art can be seen clearly (and I’ve been that % on the opposite sides a thousand times - liking something most don’t etc and vice versa)

Apart from the same usual suspects who hate a illustrated art or Mondo art because it’s not a original poster (those guys do really p*ss me off) then I actually take into consideration most peoples taste on here and their opinion on a release. Apart from one member who I seem to like the opposite to what they do and I personally think has horrendous taste - and it’s not Virkia lol

I’ve worked in customer service all my working life for a lot of big names so I know exactly how a company will reply to people complaining about a item and how it looks. You lie about how much you love the product and that’s it’s selling well and you’ll pass on their feedback to a fake team. Lol and that’s it (that’s the point of my fake email to Amy above)
I worked in CS for over 15 years and would agree that companies only hear when things go bad.

HOWEVER, this forum, as EB found from the first release of Shaun, was a much fairer place to get apt and honest feedback, rather than the usual extremes of customers only contacting when things go wrong or seeing fanbois/girls over prasing on FB.
They had access to an honest and supportive(lets face it, we all wanted them to succeed as a new potentially premium steelbook retailer) community but since the fiasco of Shaun and persistant changes to Hot Fuzz, they have all but disappeared from here, potentially to their own detriment, though time will tell.
It seems as though they would rather have their head in the sand listening only to fan feedback on social media.

As others have said they will soon see when they cannot shift the last of their Shaun stock, even with recent discounts/sale prices....if they end up with boxes of all 3 titles maybe they will realise that the constructive criticism here, was only meant to help *shrug*

• Thanks
Reactions: Punker76
I mentioned the lack of of a poll as EB claimed that the majority of people like the artwork for TWE steelbook.
How could they know unless they asked ie a poll. We all know for a fact, it wasnt on here.

Whether they even had a poll, or are just spinning the truth about awful artwork, w cant be sure.

Am wanting to sell mine, but I'm currently Hot Fuzz steel-less so need a copy from somewhere and was going to suck it up and at least have it match Shaun - based mostly on the fact that EB claimed they would improve the lenti/fullslip quality (which I dont believe, hence asking here for honest opinions - thanks btw)

I worked in CS for over 15 years and would agree that companies only hear when things go bad.

HOWEVER, this forum, as EB found from the first release of Shaun, was a much fairer place to get apt and honest feedback, rather than the usual extremes of customers only contacting when things go wrong or seeing fanbois/girls over prasing on FB.
They had access to an honest and supportive(lets face it, we all wanted them to succeed as a new potentially premium steelbook retailer) community but since the fiasco of Shaun and persistant changes to Hot Fuzz, they have all but disappeared from here, potentially to their own detriment, though time will tell.
It seems as though they would rather have their head in the sand listening only to fan feedback on social media.

As others have said they will soon see when they cannot shift the last of their Shaun stock, even with recent discounts/sale prices....if they end up with boxes of all 3 titles maybe they will realise that the constructive criticism here, was only meant to help *shrug*
“Constructive criticism”?!?! Just start with the first page of this thread, which of the comments are constructive?
Unless, of course, your definition of constructive is different.

The second page is already a bit better, but it still leaves a negative vibe.

If I were EB I’d also given up to come here.

It would help much more to actually help them out, not burn them to the ground.

Last edited:

There was a lot of vitriol towards them on here, so it's no surprise they stopped communicating on HDN. Vitriol isn't really constructive criticism though.

Anybody else getting bombarded with emails from EB about this?

Every morning I get up I have the 'now ready to preorder' email (just got it again now) and I must have got the 'live picture of all 3 together' email about 3 times now aswell.

Smells of desperation to me......

I think it's being very naive to believe that they ever had a poll

I think it's being very naive to believe that they ever had a poll
exactly - no way they did, yet they are talking like they have solid facts stating such. Its only been on sale a few days so even sales figures couldnt dictate that 'the majority' prefer it said artwork. Only way to be that sure is to have asked or polled collectors or prior buyers of the set(emails to prior customers asking for feedback or a thread such as we had with Hot Fuzz where they asked here, maybe with a poll, so as to back up - or not - their seemingly outlandish claims)

There was a lot of vitriol towards them on here, so it's no surprise they stopped communicating on HDN. Vitriol isn't really constructive criticism though.

Yes, there sure was . . . with pages of the SHAUN OF THE DEAD thread a disgrace and a total embarrassment filled with poisonous and libelous comments and I'm still surprised at how un-mod like the mods are when they choose to be :rolleyes:

As for polls: these are a regular occurrence on the French steelbook site for example . . . more general than specific though with one of the most recent being "Do collectors prefer titles on the front of their steelbooks ?" - polled 257 (64%) in favour and 52 (13%) against. w/ 90 (23%) not giving a toss.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, there sure was . . . with pages of the SHAUN OF THE DEAD thread a disgrace and a total embarrassment filled with poisonous and libelous comments and I'm still surprised at how un-mod like the mods are when they choose to be :rolleyes:

To be fair, if you open yourself up to the world when creating and selling a product, or providing a service towards people handing over their money then you have to expect criticism of all types. That's the way of the world and if somebody doesn't like a product in whatever way shape or form then that's their perogative to form an opinion on it. Regardless of what words are used towards that retailer, at the end of the day that product or service still isn't liked.
If you can't handle criticism then don't open yourself up to it, especially a company selling products and providing a service. I actually praised EB for giving it a go and trying their best, but it's never been to my taste what they come out with.
People will still buy them though because there is no better alternative. If for example HDzeta made a one click of each of the cornetto trilogy then you'll see a whole load of EB up for sale on ebay, mark my words.

exactly - no way they did, yet they are talking like they have solid facts stating such. Its only been on sale a few days so even sales figures couldnt dictate that 'the majority' prefer it said artwork. Only way to be that sure is to have asked or polled collectors or prior buyers of the set(emails to prior customers asking for feedback or a thread such as we had with Hot Fuzz where they asked here, maybe with a poll, so as to back up - or not - their seemingly outlandish claims)

Their reply and wording is no different to any other online retailer or on social media dealing with a similar issue. I don’t get why your getting so confused about it.

Yeah it’s a load of bollox but still a bog standard, praise yourself, show no backing down, everyone loves it reply

To be fair, if you open yourself up to the world when creating and selling a product, or providing a service towards people handing over their money then you have to expect criticism of all types. That's the way of the world and if somebody doesn't like a product in whatever way shape or form then that's their perogative to form an opinion on it. Regardless of what words are used towards that retailer, at the end of the day that product or service still isn't liked.
If you can't handle criticism then don't open yourself up to it, especially a company selling products and providing a service. I actually praised EB for giving it a go and trying their best, but it's never been to my taste what they come out with.
People will still buy them though because there is no better alternative. If for example HDzeta made a one click of each of the cornetto trilogy then you'll see a whole load of EB up for sale on ebay, mark my words.
To be fair it wasn't a case of people not liking the product at the time because no-one had the product in hand . . . it was the accusations of thievery, of EBlu taking peoples' money and running off with it and not supplying the products ordered.
Yes, they were too ambitious with their first major release (4,000 steelbooks + slips & outer boxes) and clearly didn't have the set-up to cope with the sheer logistics as well as the printing changes to the outer box - all reported here at HDN at the time.
As far as I'm aware all orders were fulfilled and 99% arrived without reported damage thanks to EBlu's excellent packaging.

As for the products themselves:
- Outer boxes for the Cornetto Trilogy look great to me with their simple, easy-on-the-eye designs, subtle 'bossing, faux leather and the delicious interpretation of the Cornetto colours echoing each other and looking stunning lined up in the pics I've seen.
- Steelbooks & slips - most unfortunate that the company either had its hands tied by the studio regarding images allowed for these items or they simply don't have the flair for design as seen for example on the CM slips from Italy.

I never said it was about the product itself, I was generalising from a customer perspective, so as I stated @virkia

or providing a service towards people handing over their money then you have to expect criticism of all types

:thumbs:

right? basically every blufans and FAC get delayed for literal months and people just keeping eating them up. they had one small delay on their first go around and people flipped out and still hold it against them.

Exactly. Every retailer gets delays. Even forum darlings like blufans and Mantalab. FA have delays on almost every release, and how many have they released?

People eat Blu fans up because the quality always speaks for its self

Blu fans are in a different league then EB so if they have a delay it's not the end of the world as you know what you are getting is going to be top notch.

Last edited: