The World's End (Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu Exclusive #003) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: May 6, 2019 - May 20, 2019
Purchase links: Blu Box - Full Slip - Lenticular - SteelBook (Pre-orders will go live 19th December at 8:00pm UK TIME)
Price: £67.99 (Blu Box) - £27.98 (Full Slip) - £28.99 (Lenticular) - £17.99 (Steelbook)
Note: Full gloss, embossing, debossing

be294971-f4ca-4407-8d2a-4a10c51b4593.png

packshot-instagram_1024x1024.png slip-collection_1024x1024.png lenti-collection-instagram_1024x1024.png

Last edited:
happy days. :happy: everythingBlu have prompted some of the most opinionated comments on this site in recent years, but they are clearly improving in my view. i'm positive towards them in general and this release shows both how far they've come. and also a few areas where they can still improve. so, how does the final part of their Cornetto trilogy stack up? apologies, this is a beast of a post. :Snap: :Snap: :rolleyes:
View media item 26504
for those interested in their packaging... well, it's same as before. :LOL: still the only premium seller using foam pellets (dislike) and marking packages as fragile (like). the faux-leather eBlu matching colour logo is a nice touch, but i always forget about them immediately:

BluBox
the box packaging's improved slightly with an extra image on the base of the j-card. it's this sort of minor additional touch that shows a bit of extra thought :thumbs::
on every collected release to date, the Blu Box has been the stand out aspect. like lots above, i don't really like the colour :sour:, but it does work better when not in isolation and lined up with the others. for me Hot Fuzz was by far their best box - this is probably their weakest in comparison (but it's still quite good). the robot blue goo aspects are the best, the embossing insane as before. the back image is the weaker aspect for me - it's just a bit... ok. but overall, it's another great example of the mad levels of embossing seen on the previous 2 releases :woot::
one thing that for me still isn't right is the way their slips fit. i know there's no movement when you move the box, i know they're in securely, but they just look loose with that gap around the edge due to the way the cushioning in the box works. and they're still not sealed :facepalm::
the Blu Box numbering card is simple, cleanly done, and properly embossed:
View media item 26477
Full Slip
the spot varnishing is excellent, especially the back: love the varying textures :drool: they have used on the pub sign (similar to the variety on their Scott Pilgrim release). on the front, the glasses, chairs and necklace are all picked out with varnish, along with the spine, nice work :thumbs::
each numbering card for the two slips is a different image, and the same number as the BluBox - this is the one with the Full Slip:
i think their cards have improved, also. plus everything you get with the Full Slip:

Lenti Slip
if you haven't already, check out @moon's awesome shots of the lenti above. to add to his pics, i'd add that this is easily their best lenti, with inner slip printing and a heavily varnished back image, which reminds me of the shots from felow Ninja's of their King Kong release. it doesn't really come up in the pics, but some of the stars are also picked out in spot varnish, which makes them twinkle (aww :p):
lenti numbering card, collector's cards and everything you get with the lenti:

Steelbook
this is better than the preview shots suggested, and easily their best steelbook of the trilogy. yes, the juxtasposition of images is still a bit off, but the print quality is high, and it really scores with the back. :thumbs: the effect they have here is quite a lot like the effect seen on the zavvi release of Hereditary: embossing, varied texture. all of the pub signs have a different appearance:
the artwork works well across front to back. inside, you get the cards in a nice embossed envelope and the inner art is perfectly fine:
all in all, probably their most complete Cornetto release, albeit with my 3rd-ranked box:
View media item 26439
P.S. - Cornetto Trilogy
all lined up together, it reinforces the strange error that Hot Fuzz is slightly larger than both Shaun and World's End. seems very odd they could not sort that properly. but it's great to finally have them all together:
View media item 26495few more shots:
many thanks, everythingBlu. :thumbs:

Last edited:
Good thing that this hasn’t sold out or I don’t care when I get it as it just arrived today and they sent the wrong edition and I clearly see it is dented as well.
Epic Fail

happy days. :happy: everythingBlu have prompted some of the most opinionated comments on this site in recent years, but they are clearly improving in my view. i'm positive towards them in general and this release shows both how far they've come. and also a few areas where they can still improve. so, how does the final part of their Cornetto trilogy stack up? apologies, this is a beast of a post. :Snap: :Snap: :rolleyes:
View media item 26504
for those interested in their packaging... well, it's same as before. :LOL: still the only premium seller using foam pellets (dislike) and marking packages as fragile (like). the faux-leather eBlu matching colour logo is a nice touch, but i always forget about them immediately:

BluBox
the box packaging's improved slightly with an extra image on the base of the j-card. it's this sort of minor additional touch that shows a bit of extra thought :thumbs::
on every collected release to date, the Blu Box has been the stand out aspect. like lots above, i don't really like the colour :sour:, but it does work better when not in isolation and lined up with the others. for me Hot Fuzz was by far their best box - this is probably their weakest in comparison (but it's still quite good). the robot blue goo aspects are the best, the embossing insane as before. the back image is the weaker aspect for me - it's just a bit... ok. but overall, it's another great example of the mad levels of embossing seen on the previous 2 releases :woot::
one thing that for me still isn't right is the way their slips fit. i know there's no movement when you move the box, i know they're in securely, but they just look loose with that gap around the edge due to the way the cushioning in the box works. and they're still not sealed :facepalm::
the Blu Box numbering card is simple, cleanly done, and properly embossed:
View media item 26477
Full Slip
the spot varnishing is excellent, especially the back: love the varying textures :drool: they have used on the pub sign (similar to the variety on their Scott Pilgrim release). on the front, the glasses, chairs and necklace are all picked out with varnish, along with the spine, nice work :thumbs::
each numbering card for the two slips is a different image, and the same number as the BluBox - this is the one with the Full Slip:
i think their cards have improved, also. plus everything you get with the Full Slip:

Lenti Slip
if you haven't already, check out @moon's awesome shots of the lenti above. to add to his pics, i'd add that this is easily their best lenti, with inner slip printing and a heavily varnished back image, which reminds me of the shots from felow Ninja's of their King Kong release. it doesn't really come up in the pics, but some of the stars are also picked out in spot varnish, which makes them twinkle (aww :p):
lenti numbering card, collector's cards and everything you get with the lenti:

Steelbook
this is better than the preview shots suggested, and easily their best steelbook of the trilogy. yes, the juxtasposition of images is still a bit off, but the print quality is high, and it really scores with the back. :thumbs: the effect they have here is quite a lot like the effect seen on the zavvi release of Hereditary: embossing, varied texture. all of the pub signs have a different appearance:
the artwork works well across front to back. inside, you get the cards in a nice embossed envelope and the inner art is perfectly fine:
all in all, probably their most complete Cornetto release, albeit with my 3rd-ranked box:
View media item 26439
P.S. - Cornetto Trilogy
all lined up together, it reinforces the strange error that Hot Fuzz is slightly larger than both Shaun and World's End. seems very odd they could not sort that properly. but it's great to finally have them all together:
View media item 26495few more shots:
many thanks, everythingBlu. :thumbs:

Great review dude!! Great pics!

Reactions: steelmybeatingheart
Outside of The World's End and King Kong Full Slips being shipped in a box of very thin cardboard (it arrived pretty beat up), I am extremely happy with these EB editions.
I want to go up into the mountains and sing their praises like Julie Andrews in the Sound of Music. I hope that doesn't sound too unmanly.
"The hills are alive with.............":sing:

• Haha
Reactions: dfoles
So, which horror films does Edgar Wright recommend for this month of Halloween?
His Top 100:-

DAWN OF THE DEAD at #54 but maybe modesty coming into play with no SHAUN OF THE DEAD . . . great choices apart from #71.

Good thing that this hasn’t sold out or I don’t care when I get it as it just arrived today and they sent the wrong edition and I clearly see it is dented as well.
Epic Fail
Hoping we’ll see this and / or Hot Fuzz I need a Black Friday / Cyber MOnday sale next month(still want them to match Shaun but not a full price)

I think single editions of Shaun are still i, stock, almost 3 years later

Hoping we’ll see this and / or Hot Fuzz I need a Black Friday / Cyber MOnday sale next month(still want them to match Shaun but not a full price)

I think single editions of Shaun are still i, stock, almost 3 years later
Yeah, waiting for that myself for this release

Reactions: yeslek
Might skip them then, hot fuzz would bug me not matching anyways
I caved. All 3 for under £60 isn't too shabby. Their website is deeply annoying though- the "30% off" type thing there, the constantly quoting without tax and the multitide of stupid pop-ups; whilst all technically correct it does make you suspicious and resent giving them money.

Anybody get their recent orders despatched yet?

I got an email with a tracking number 3 days ago but it's still not trackable. Its like the number isn't valid. I'm not sure if the items been sent or just processing the order.

Is this common with EB?

Anybody get their recent orders despatched yet?

I got an email with a tracking number 3 days ago but it's still not trackable. Its like the number isn't valid. I'm not sure if the items been sent or just processing the order.

Is this common with EB?
Same, I think the tracking they use only shows when delivered.

just checked:
“An update will only be provided when we attempt to deliver your item”

Reactions: BluSteel2012