Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hey all.

Thanks to a crappy cheap diet of Fray Bentos pies and Pot Noodles, I've managed to acquire a pretty cool movie collection. I've never really shown it off before so there's not many people outside of my family who've seen it. Hope you like what you see and if you have any questions on any items, drop me a message and I'll be happy to reply. Cheers.

20170610_160159.jpg

20170623_192052.jpg

20170623_192216.jpg

20170623_192300.jpg

20170623_192346.jpg

20170623_192437.jpg

20170623_192457.jpg

20170623_192513.jpg

20170623_192542.jpg

20170623_192551.jpg

@C.C. 95 , yeah, space is becoming an issue but there's a garage opposite so the plan is to eventually convert that to expand the space. Before we bought this house, the biggest room in our rental was the master bedroom and my missus let me have that room for the collection. She's a keeper. Even as a kid when I only had a handful of VHS tapes I'd enjoy displaying them and have some covers facing forwards like a shop. I'm 34 now and it's just something I've done ever since. I'd love to see your collection/bookcases if you fancy showing it off? I've just seen @GI_SnakeEyes collection and it blew me away. So much cool stuff there. Regarding the tally. At last count it was around 19,300 roughly all up but that was counted maybe 2 years ago.:thumbs:
Thanks, Mark!
I would love to be able to have my steelbook collection with all covers showing. It just isn't feasible...
Unless some next level thinking and design is invloved!:LOL:
IMG_7497.GIF

shoe-spinner.gif
:rofl:

@C.C. 95 , yeah, space is becoming an issue but there's a garage opposite so the plan is to eventually convert that to expand the space. Before we bought this house, the biggest room in our rental was the master bedroom and my missus let me have that room for the collection. She's a keeper. Even as a kid when I only had a handful of VHS tapes I'd enjoy displaying them and have some covers facing forwards like a shop. I'm 34 now and it's just something I've done ever since. I'd love to see your collection/bookcases if you fancy showing it off? I've just seen @GI_SnakeEyes collection and it blew me away. So much cool stuff there. Regarding the tally. At last count it was around 19,300 roughly all up but that was counted maybe 2 years ago.:thumbs:

Thanks I am very humbled at your praises.... Your collection is great, also Mark, a few sets I see on my want list, haha. I only have room to show mainly my blurays... a few of my dvd and vhs sets that are real nice too. I have a closet in that room and the entire top shelf from shelf to ceiling has all my dvd's that I've kept (about 5 to 6 hundred or so) .... a lot I gave to my grandma as I replaced them with bluray.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mark Wilson
Thanks, Mark!
I would love to be able to have my steelbook collection with all covers showing. It just isn't feasible...
Unless some next level thinking and design is invloved!:LOL:
View attachment 319262
shoe-spinner.gif
@C.C. 95, stick Velcro to the back of them and then Velcro to the walls. Wallpaper your home with them. Easy to take down when you want to watch one. Easy to rotate when you get new ones. That would be insane. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: C.C. 95
Hey all.

Thanks to a crappy cheap diet of Fray Bentos pies and Pot Noodles, I've managed to acquire a pretty cool movie collection. I've never really shown it off before so there's not many people outside of my family who've seen it. Hope you like what you see and if you have any questions on any items, drop me a message and I'll be happy to reply. Cheers.

HOT DAMN! :OMG: This is definitely the greatest Collection I've ever seen! :drool: It's fu**ing EPIC! :woot: :cool:

Thanks @Mark Wilson for sharing it with us! And WELCOME to HDN! :notworthy:
@bloodsnake007 @tridon @Actarus @DADDYCOOL187 @Drum18 @elle82 @GI_SnakeEyes

Check out this AMAZING collection! Page 1 has tons of pics :)
@AlienKing Thanks for the tag my Ninja Bro! :thumbs:

HOT DAMN! :OMG: This is definitely the greatest Collection I've ever seen! :drool: It's fu**ing EPIC! :woot: :cool:

Thanks @Mark Wilson for sharing it with us! And WELCOME to HDN! :notworthy:

@AlienKing Thanks for the tag my Ninja Bro! :thumbs:
Thanks @bloodsnake007! That's probably the best compliment you can give a collector. Means a lot mate, cheers. So glad I joined HDN. Everyone's been really cool with their comments and there's so many great collectors and passionate people here. It's awesome.:thumbs:

@C.C. 95, stick Velcro to the back of them and then Velcro to the walls. Wallpaper your home with them. Easy to take down when you want to watch one. Easy to rotate when you get new ones. That would be insane. :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Mark, If I velcro-ed the walls - we both know I just make a velcro suit to jump onto the walls!:naughty:
IMG_7507.GIF
@Mark Wilson

Thanks I am very humbled at your praises.... Your collection is great, also Mark, a few sets I see on my want list, haha. I only have room to show mainly my blurays... a few of my dvd and vhs sets that are real nice too. I have a closet in that room and the entire top shelf from shelf to ceiling has all my dvd's that I've kept (about 5 to 6 hundred or so) .... a lot I gave to my grandma as I replaced them with bluray.
@GI_SnakeEyes
You are Bogarting Grandma The hidef?!! For shame!! You are leaving Grandma is the SD world?!!
Grandma's eyes need 1080p!!:LOL:

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82
@GI_SnakeEyes
You are Bogarting Grandma The hidef?!! For shame!! You are leaving Grandma is the SD world?!!
Grandma's eyes need 1080p!!:LOL:

Well that was to get her away from her vhs..... but I also bought her her first bluray surround sound system.... so she also had bluray..... and up to the time she passed away.... she still referred to all the movies no matter the format as "tapes" lol... rip Grandma

Mark, If I velcro-ed the walls - we both know I just make a velcro suit to jump onto the walls!:naughty:
View attachment 319367 :rofl:
@Mark Wilson

You know you'd more then likely do this instead with a velcro wall lol.....

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and C.C. 95
Well that was to get her away from her vhs..... but I also bought her her first bluray surround sound system.... so she also had bluray..... and up to the time she passed away.... she still referred to all the movies no matter the format as "tapes" lol... rip Grandma
Rip Grandma. She lived in the hi def world.:thumbs:
My folks still say "Tapes" too! (Now if I can just get them to stop calling their female dog "him"):rofl:

• Thanks
Rip Grandma. She lived in the hi def world.:thumbs:
My folks still say "Tapes" too! (Now if I can just get them to stop calling their female dog "him"):rofl:

Hahaha that she did, and she bought a few of my box sets so I'll always have them to remind me of her. Hahaha I know lots of asian parents of friends that ALWAYS do that too..... I'm like he's a him.... he's a him, lol

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and C.C. 95
Hey all.

View attachment 318846

View attachment 318847

View attachment 318848

View attachment 318849

View attachment 318850

View attachment 318851

View attachment 318852

View attachment 318853

View attachment 318854

View attachment 318855

tenor.gif

• Thanks
Thanks @bloodsnake007! That's probably the best compliment you can give a collector. Means a lot mate, cheers. So glad I joined HDN. Everyone's been really cool with their comments and there's so many great collectors and passionate people here. It's awesome.:thumbs:
You're welcome buddy! :notworthy: I'm also glad you joined HDN and introduced us to your unique and insanely EPIC Collection! :drool:

Make sure to keep this thread alive with ALL of your new additions, I'll be looking forward to it! :thumbs: Take care! :cool:

You're welcome buddy! :notworthy: I'm also glad you joined HDN and introduced us to your unique and insanely EPIC Collection! :drool:

Make sure to keep this thread alive with ALL of your new additions, I'll be looking forward to it! :thumbs: Take care! :cool:
Will do my friend. I've got a few limited editions on their way through the post... living in the arse end of Australia means I have to wait longer for my goodies to arrive. I'll post pics when they eventually. :thumbs:

@Mark Wilson

WOW! This is possibly the best f*cking collection I've ever seen! I'm blown away!
There's stuff I've never seen before, didn't even know existed. At one point I didn't think the pictures would end and I was getting tingles lol, I didn't want it to stop and that's the truth

I've genuinely seen some HMV stores with less items for sale!

I once see a similar collection but with music, CDs, vinyl etc but I think this is much bigger and better

Can I come and live with you please? Or has the postman already got the couch? ;)

Oh and top marks with keeping the VHS and taking me back a few years down memory lane, it's been a while since I've seen them on shelves

And welcome to HDN and sharing this, look forward to seeing more over the years

#Jealous&Amazed&Want2Cry

Last edited:
@Mark Wilson

WOW! This is possibly the best f*cking collection I've ever seen! I'm blown away!
There's stuff I've never seen before, didn't even know existed. At one point I didn't think the pictures would end and I was getting tingles lol, I didn't want it to stop and that's the truth

I've genuinely seen some HMV stores with less items for sale!

I once see a similar collection but with music, CDs, vinyl etc but I think this is much bigger and better

Can I come and live with you please? Or has the postman already got the couch? ;)

Oh and top marks with keeping the VHS and taking me back a few years down memory lane, it's been a while since I've seen them on shelves

And welcome to HDN and sharing this, look forward to seeing more over the years

#Jealous&Amazed&Want2Cry
Thanks for the awesome comments @Flloydo. Glad you had a blast on the tour. Man I miss browsing HMV. Most of my videos I got from HMV when I was younger. Good memories! Mate, it's a no coming to live with me unless you buy me dinner first...

• Thanks
Reactions: elle82 and Flloydo
Thanks for the awesome comments @Flloydo. Glad you had a blast on the tour. Man I miss browsing HMV. Most of my videos I got from HMV when I was younger. Good memories! Mate, it's a no coming to live with me unless you buy me dinner first...

No worries, literally is the best collection I've seen.

I'll buy you dinner every night lol ;)

• Thanks
@Mark Wilson u know what i think of your collection so i dont have to tell u again on here. Lol. Really looking forward to seeing all the new additions u have on order! That was a massively impressive list by the way lol

• Thanks
Reactions: bloodsnake007