This is why i'm STILL broke!

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hey Ninja's. Its coming up to 6 months since my first man cave post and a lot has changed in the room since then. There's a new wall dedicated to premiums and steels, a brand new 4K section and in a feat that would impress even Dr Strange, I've managed to squeeze a new aisle in there too. Time for a new post? You bet your ass it is.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
20171112_154024.jpg
20171112_154039.jpg
20171112_154051.jpg
20171112_154100.jpg
20171112_154116.jpg
20171112_154126.jpg
20171112_154133.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019
Hi Mark. After just watching your video on youtube I wanted to get in touch. I am a fellow movie fanatic, cinephile, film junkie, movie buff. I am 33 years old and live in the UK. In 2008 I came across a newly founded cinema membership where you pay a monthly fee and can watch unlimited movies. From then to the present day I have watched 303 movies. Every film I see I buy on Blu-ray. I'm exclusively interested in those movies only!!!! I am building a unique blu-ray collection based only on the one's I saw at the cinema. I then got into movie prop collecting in 2013. The first piece I ever bought was a set dressing piece from Dredd. This then went on to me acquiring a set dressing piece from Prometheus. I also own an FBI folder screen matched and used by Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 4, an evidence envelope that Vin Diesel opens with Letty's personal effects in as well from this movie. I bought another screen matched piece from Dredd. I have a screen matched pair of glasses that Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wears in the prologue of Iron Man 2. I have the screen matched photo of Sarah Connor that Kyle Reese is in possession of in Terminator Genisys. I have an additional set dressing piece from Prometheus, and lastly I am currently paying still for a tie worn by Tom Hardy in Legend. I only have two entertainment pigeon hole cases that hold 750 blu-rays. I figure at the ratio of me going to the movies which is once every fortnight for the past 11 years, there should be at least 15 years worth of space left. When I run out I would have to refigure what to do. I have limited space. I'm not interested in a digital collection as the resolution is better on Blu-ray. I haven't yet took the next step of 4k Blu-ray. My TV is only 1080p still. A 55 inch Panasonic LED. I do want to get a 65 inch 4k OLED at some point when I can afford it. I do think 1080p blu-ray is good enough quality. I admire your collection. You have got a bit of everything. Towards the end I started to wonder where Star Wars, Batman and Marvel were. Then you showed the middle of the room. I also have every movie from the MCU in my collection. It's a shame I am focussed only on what I see on the big screen. This limits me from being able to have a piece of everything. I do have some classics in my collection which they show at special screenings. I have The Godfather, Casablanca, Back To The Future, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Halloween, Friday The 13th, The Exorcist and probably more. I recently downsized property due to horrible neighbours. I had wanted to get glass units for Sideshow collectibles and Hot Toys models. I am more limited on space now. Although after seeing your video you're making me think to turn my bedroom into a man cave. It is really lovely to meet other film enthusiasts. I have come across a few. I wish you good luck for the future and peace to watch movies. If you ever want to talk in more detail I would be happy to. Thanks.

• Thanks
Reactions: Mark Wilson
Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hi Mark. After just watching your video on youtube I wanted to get in touch. I am a fellow movie fanatic, cinephile, film junkie, movie buff. I am 33 years old and live in the UK. In 2008 I came across a newly founded cinema membership where you pay a monthly fee and can watch unlimited movies. From then to the present day I have watched 303 movies. Every film I see I buy on Blu-ray. I'm exclusively interested in those movies only!!!! I am building a unique blu-ray collection based only on the one's I saw at the cinema. I then got into movie prop collecting in 2013. The first piece I ever bought was a set dressing piece from Dredd. This then went on to me acquiring a set dressing piece from Prometheus. I also own an FBI folder screen matched and used by Paul Walker in Fast & Furious 4, an evidence envelope that Vin Diesel opens with Letty's personal effects in as well from this movie. I bought another screen matched piece from Dredd. I have a screen matched pair of glasses that Ivan Vanko (Mickey Rourke) wears in the prologue of Iron Man 2. I have the screen matched photo of Sarah Connor that Kyle Reese is in possession of in Terminator Genisys. I have an additional set dressing piece from Prometheus, and lastly I am currently paying still for a tie worn by Tom Hardy in Legend. I only have two entertainment pigeon hole cases that hold 750 blu-rays. I figure at the ratio of me going to the movies which is once every fortnight for the past 11 years, there should be at least 15 years worth of space left. When I run out I would have to refigure what to do. I have limited space. I'm not interested in a digital collection as the resolution is better on Blu-ray. I haven't yet took the next step of 4k Blu-ray. My TV is only 1080p still. A 55 inch Panasonic LED. I do want to get a 65 inch 4k OLED at some point when I can afford it. I do think 1080p blu-ray is good enough quality. I admire your collection. You have got a bit of everything. Towards the end I started to wonder where Star Wars, Batman and Marvel were. Then you showed the middle of the room. I also have every movie from the MCU in my collection. It's a shame I am focussed only on what I see on the big screen. This limits me from being able to have a piece of everything. I do have some classics in my collection which they show at special screenings. I have The Godfather, Casablanca, Back To The Future, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Halloween, Friday The 13th, The Exorcist and probably more. I recently downsized property due to horrible neighbours. I had wanted to get glass units for Sideshow collectibles and Hot Toys models. I am more limited on space now. Although after seeing your video you're making me think to turn my bedroom into a man cave. It is really lovely to meet other film enthusiasts. I have come across a few. I wish you good luck for the future and peace to watch movies. If you ever want to talk in more detail I would be happy to. Thanks.
Hi @Stanai. Thanks for watching my video and reaching out dude. It's always nice to talk to fellow collectors and movie lovers. What part of the UK are you from? I was born in Lancaster and lived in both Preston and then Milton Keynes for many years growing up. Me and the Mrs used to have a Cineworld card and would see as many movies as we could each month. Is that the membership you have? I do miss Cineworld. The cinema near me in Tasmania is pretty crappy tbh. Honestly mate, I've never heard of anyone collecting just movies they've watched at the cinema but that's very unique. I imagine it makes selecting what to buy a whole lot easier. What about some of the movies that bypass the cinema - like direct to DVD sequels or foreign movies? OK, maybe not direct to DVD - most of those are pretty crappy but there's a lot of foreign treasures out there. I just recently watched I Saw The Devil and it was incredible. I love the fact you've mapped out how much time it's gonna take to fill your shelves. Every time I think I'm going to run out of space, I always seem to find somewhere new in the room to store something. All of your prop collection sounds incredible mate. You should put up pics here in the Man Cave thread. I know there'd be loads of members on here who'd love to see it (myself included). Again, thanks for your message mate. Hope to speak again soon. Cheers.

Mar 26, 2019
Thanks for getting back to me Mark. I live in Cambridgeshire and yes it did start out as a Cineworld Unlimited card but our Cambridge branch had to decide whether to save the Picturehouse arts cinema or Cineworld when they were forced to sell one due to having two cinemas owned by the same company in one city. So they sold Cineworld to a company called The Light Cinema who have an infinity scheme. They are pretty cool. When it started out they used to have classic horror theme nights which is how I got The Exorcist and Friday The 13th in my collection. I forgot to mention I have the original Predator and Alien in my collection as well. I have been known to travel to Norwich, Ipswich, and Peterborough for certain screenings that aren't being shown locally. I have been to London a few times as well. I went to the Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus once to see Rampart, I went to the Odeon in Leicester Square for Skyfall, and I did Empire for Jurassic World in IMAX. I tried having a home projector at my last place but I got rid of it when the bulb went and for other reasons. I haven't really got a favourite film as this would have to be the movie I've watched the most times in my life and as I haven't kept count I don't which one it is. I watch Prometheus a lot which I am fond of, although I am biased over movies I have props featured in. I wrote in to Total Film magazine and Empire who both printed stories about me. Just in the letters section you know. Didn't win star letter or anything. Paramount Pictures and Paramount Pictures UK follow me on twitter as do a few cinema chains I think. Jonathan Ross once tweeted me back. Mark Kermode hasn't though. My prop pics seem to be too large file size to upload at 3mb. I love the colour and artful sense of your collectibles. It isn't something I ever thought of doing myself. I suppose I was too obsessed with actually owning something on screen to have a claim to fame. I guess I have spent 5k on props and 3k on Blu-rays so far. I have a tin full of cinema tickets as well but recently they started wanting you to go digital and paperless with the qr code on your phone as the ticket which is a shame. I write every film in a list on paper when I get back from the cinema so I won't forget order, and I have a photo album with every movie cover screenshot from IMDB for when I was on social media. My first film was Atonement in 2007, followed by Cloverfield, Sweeney Todd, Rambo, There Will Be Blood, The Bank Job etc. I went last Monday to see Captain Marvel. I am going with my Mum tomorrow to see Us. Then we've got Dumbo, Pet Semetary, Lion King, Aladdin, Avengers End Game this year. Oh yeah I also have T2 in my collection as well lol. Forgot that one. I like the history of your collection as well. The nostalgia. A 75" 4k TV is nice. I must say I have not come across a collection as grand as yours before. I did see a couple of critics on Youtube with cool Blu-ray collections with LED strips you know. You've only just released your youtube video mind. It's got like 28k hits so far on a single video that's good going. Let's see what else it brings. I wonder what made you decide to come out now....

• Thanks
Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Thanks for getting back to me Mark. I live in Cambridgeshire and yes it did start out as a Cineworld Unlimited card but our Cambridge branch had to decide whether to save the Picturehouse arts cinema or Cineworld when they were forced to sell one due to having two cinemas owned by the same company in one city. So they sold Cineworld to a company called The Light Cinema who have an infinity scheme. They are pretty cool. When it started out they used to have classic horror theme nights which is how I got The Exorcist and Friday The 13th in my collection. I forgot to mention I have the original Predator and Alien in my collection as well. I have been known to travel to Norwich, Ipswich, and Peterborough for certain screenings that aren't being shown locally. I have been to London a few times as well. I went to the Trocadero in Piccadilly Circus once to see Rampart, I went to the Odeon in Leicester Square for Skyfall, and I did Empire for Jurassic World in IMAX. I tried having a home projector at my last place but I got rid of it when the bulb went and for other reasons. I haven't really got a favourite film as this would have to be the movie I've watched the most times in my life and as I haven't kept count I don't which one it is. I watch Prometheus a lot which I am fond of, although I am biased over movies I have props featured in. I wrote in to Total Film magazine and Empire who both printed stories about me. Just in the letters section you know. Didn't win star letter or anything. Paramount Pictures and Paramount Pictures UK follow me on twitter as do a few cinema chains I think. Jonathan Ross once tweeted me back. Mark Kermode hasn't though. My prop pics seem to be too large file size to upload at 3mb. I love the colour and artful sense of your collectibles. It isn't something I ever thought of doing myself. I suppose I was too obsessed with actually owning something on screen to have a claim to fame. I guess I have spent 5k on props and 3k on Blu-rays so far. I have a tin full of cinema tickets as well but recently they started wanting you to go digital and paperless with the qr code on your phone as the ticket which is a shame. I write every film in a list on paper when I get back from the cinema so I won't forget order, and I have a photo album with every movie cover screenshot from IMDB for when I was on social media. My first film was Atonement in 2007, followed by Cloverfield, Sweeney Todd, Rambo, There Will Be Blood, The Bank Job etc. I went last Monday to see Captain Marvel. I am going with my Mum tomorrow to see Us. Then we've got Dumbo, Pet Semetary, Lion King, Aladdin, Avengers End Game this year. Oh yeah I also have T2 in my collection as well lol. Forgot that one. I like the history of your collection as well. The nostalgia. A 75" 4k TV is nice. I must say I have not come across a collection as grand as yours before. I did see a couple of critics on Youtube with cool Blu-ray collections with LED strips you know. You've only just released your youtube video mind. It's got like 28k hits so far on a single video that's good going. Let's see what else it brings. I wonder what made you decide to come out now....
No worries mate. Classic horror nights at the cinema would have been awesome. The only one I've done like that was a double bill of JC's The Thing and then the 2011 remake back to back. I would have loved to see Predator and Alien on the big screen. Lucky you caught them dude... I couldn't imagine not having either of those in my collection. Those pictures you've uploaded of your collectables are very cool. Do you display them next to a poster or an art print of the movie they came from? I think that's what I would do if I had any cool film memorabilia. All my items are part of movie box sets. Every model, every bust, every post card... they've all come from inside or apart of an edition that arrived with the movie. As much as I'd love to have a real piece of cinema history like your treasures, I think I'd get too obsessed and start wanting more and then my movie collection would suffer because it. I'm best just sticking to one collection I think. I too am going to watch US tomorrow (Friday here in Tasmania). I really enjoyed Get Out and I think US looks pretty terrifying - I love scary movies. Thanks for the kind words on my collection. I've been posting on here for around 2 years - made a lot of friends (and a one jealous enemy unfortunately) but I've only now done a proper Tour Video to showcase what I've spent most of my life acquiring. It seems to be doing well on YouTube so I'm really happy about that. So many people have reached out to talk movies and collections. It's been amazing. Thanks again for replying dude. Speak again soon. Cheers!

Mar 26, 2019
You've actually inspired me to arrange my blu-rays differently. I had them in order of when I saw them, but have now put them into genres, franchises and sequels. It accentuates them so much. Like all my Marvel, DC comics, Disney, Horror, Sci fi. Alien looks much better next to Prometheus and Alien Covenant, so does my Halloween's, Terminators, Predators, James Bonds, Fast & Furious etc. You taught me a new found appreciation and respect for the franchises. I might even get into collectors editions like you one day and turn my bedroom and living room into a man cave and displays. I'd hazard a guess you have 50k movies and have spent at least a million.

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
You've actually inspired me to arrange my blu-rays differently. I had them in order of when I saw them, but have now put them into genres, franchises and sequels. It accentuates them so much. Like all my Marvel, DC comics, Disney, Horror, Sci fi. Alien looks much better next to Prometheus and Alien Covenant, so does my Halloween's, Terminators, Predators, James Bonds, Fast & Furious etc. You taught me a new found appreciation and respect for the franchises. I might even get into collectors editions like you one day and turn my bedroom and living room into a man cave and displays. I'd hazard a guess you have 50k movies and have spent at least a million.
Well I'm honoured dude if my collection has been able to inspire you. That's awesome. I couldn't imagine not having Terminator next to Terminator 2 or Alien not next to Aliens. That would drive me insane. That's why I don't keep them in alphabetical order. For one, a collection this big would be near impossible to do... I've got Annihilation steelbook on the way and if they were in A-Z order, I'd have to move them all along by one just to fit them in. And say if they we're in alphabetical order... I'd have all my Harry Potters together but the Fantastic Beast films would be somewhere completely different. That ain't how I want to display my collection. Franchises together makes much more sense to me. If you ever need any pointers on collectors editions and the best places to look for them, let me know. Cheers.

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Mark, it's me again. I hope you are well. So your Youtube videos are definitely a thumbs up from me. I subscribe to them. I don't get bored of watching your monthly updates at all, and that is saying something. I dip in and out of Chris Stuckmann film reviews without even subscribing, when it suits me kind of thing, but with yours, I actually look forward to them and I'm always fascinated by your new purchases and additions. Since we talked before I have been fortunate to go to the cinema and watch the original Batman and Batman Returns. Then last weekend I watched the entire Matrix Trilogy over 3 nights, and I went to see Jaws last Thursday, all at VUE cinema. Some real gems to add to the collection. I am supposed to be going to Sheffield Cineworld next month to watch the original Terminator and Robocop back to back, but I don't know whether I want to go yet cos of the expense of the train fare and hotel. (Need to save money!!!!) I would only want to travel first class as seats on the Cross Country and East Midlands lines are a nightmare to find standard class. Albeit I would then have every Terminator except 'Rise of the Machines'. Who knows I might go yet. I have already paid for the cinema ticket. I have been banned from buying any more props from Prop Store lol, as I won the Alejandro assassination costume from Sicario 2 for $3000 but then decided I didn't want to eat beans on toast for 3 months. They weren't happy. So I have to settle with my small collection currently. So I decided to buy each 5 films on steelbook that I have props for and put them on top of my blu-ray shelves. It was straight forward at first, I just bought Prometheus, Dredd, and Terminator Genisys cheap off eBay, but when it came to Fast & Furious 4, there was one left in the world currently for sale. It was a Film Arena edition split up from a complete Fast & Furious 1-7 Maniacs boxset. I had to pay £80 for it. Then with Iron Man 2 there was a handful of original Play.com steelbooks and the Zavvi Lenticular editions on eBay. These originally retailed at £29.99 but the eBay sellers want 3 or 4 times that. I paid £93 for an Iron Man 2 play.com original. They are releasing a new Iron Man 2 edition in August, but I don't like the design with no writing on the front cover. It has been fun encountering Film Arena, Novamedia etc. as I know it's what you are into. I went on the film arena website which is interesting. All the upcoming pre-orders etc. It makes me think to invest in some and put them up somewhere for a while. In regards to me getting into collecting, I can't see it going beyond my 5 films as I just don't have the space which is a shame. After buying my Zavvi exclusive Dredd steelbook and Prometheus one, I came across these Film Arena editions and I'm not sure whether to get them to replace mine, cos they have better designs. I didn't find them until after. There's one seller on eBay from Milton Keynes who you may know or have come across already. He is selling some really fine stuff going way back including the Dark Knight Batman one's you got but without the big case to put them in. Anyway I will attach some photos to this post of my steelbooks and the one's I'm not sure whether to get as well. Nice to catch up. Take care mate.

Attachments

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
@Stanai thanks for the update buddy. Seeing Burton's Batman's at the cinema must have been ace. I was too young when they first came out so only got to see them first on VHS. Jaws too... I bet that was an awesome experience. Your collection is coming along nicely mate... I especially like all the Marvel stuff together, DC together, Alien etc... It all looks very neat and tidy and are those acrylic stands for your steels on top? Very cool. I do like that Film Arena Dredd steel but personally if you're happy with the steel you've just got, I'd stick with that for now. There's so many amazing movies receiving the premium steelbook treatment at the moment, if I was you I'd use my money to look at one of those instead. Manta Lab did an amazing job on their Fight Club release last year. KimchiDVD have just done a superb job on their From Dusk Till Dawn release and back to Manta Lab, their next exclusive is going to be David Fincher's Seven which I can't wait to see what the artwork looks like for that one. Not sure who the seller is from Milton Keynes you mention - maybe I've met him in person :LOL:… I used to live just outside MK... I saw Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro there years back and I even remember going to watch Jurassic Park at the Point Cinema there when I was 10. I loved Milton Keynes for shopping - especially in HMV. Anyways bud... thanks for sharing and getting back in touch and thanks for checking out my monthly videos, I really appreciate it dude. Cheers.

Mar 26, 2019
The eBay seller is called ratty-mk. You should check him out. He might have something you're after. He has an extensive iventory of stuff you can't get anymore.

Mar 26, 2019
Hi Mark,

I wish you did a Youtube video every week. On Sunday's I get the train to a nearby city with a cathedral to go and worship. On the way back it involves a 2 hour wait for the train back. I just sat in cafe nero with a cup of tea and thoroughly enjoyed watching this month's video. It passed the time quite nicely. Just thought though they are not always 51 minutes long are they. Maybe I might be able to catch a movie at the cinema another time. It's just I've watched everything worth watching that's showing today. I think the next one in the schedule is Quentin Tarantino's 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'. Let's just hope the cinema fixes the air con by then.

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hi bud. Thanks for your message. Man, I barely have the time to do one a month but I'm glad you're enjoying them. It's crazy to think something I filmed is being enjoyed in a coffee shop the other side of the world. Very cool. Glad it helped pass the time for you. This was the longest update video I've done for sure. The others are usually 30mins to 45mins. This one went on as long as my whole room tour video which is funny. I blame it on those awesome Film Arena Maniacs boxes... always a lot to show inside those. Hope you enjoy Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Let me know what you think of it mate. I may miss it at the cinema here and wait for Blu. The times aren't too good at my local cinema and I'm getting too old to go see a movie after 9pm . By that time I want to be at home, with my feet up on my couch, with a hot drink in hand, and a movie playing on my TV. Cheers.