This is why i'm STILL broke!

Jun 22, 2017
Tasmania
Hey Ninja's. Its coming up to 6 months since my first man cave post and a lot has changed in the room since then. There's a new wall dedicated to premiums and steels, a brand new 4K section and in a feat that would impress even Dr Strange, I've managed to squeeze a new aisle in there too. Time for a new post? You bet your ass it is.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
20171112_154024.jpg
20171112_154039.jpg
20171112_154051.jpg
20171112_154100.jpg
20171112_154116.jpg
20171112_154126.jpg
20171112_154133.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Thanks for watching my video and reaching out dude. It's always nice to talk to fellow collectors and movie lovers. What part of the UK are you from? I was born in Lancaster and lived in both Preston and then Milton Keynes for many years growing up. Me and the Mrs used to have a Cineworld card and would see as many movies as we could each month. Is that the membership you have? I do miss Cineworld. The cinema near me in Tasmania is pretty crappy tbh. Honestly mate, I've never heard of anyone collecting just movies they've watched at the cinema but that's very unique. I imagine it makes selecting what to buy a whole lot easier. What about some of the movies that bypass the cinema - like direct to DVD sequels or foreign movies? OK, maybe not direct to DVD - most of those are pretty crappy but there's a lot of foreign treasures out there. I just recently watched I Saw The Devil and it was incredible. I love the fact you've mapped out how much time it's gonna take to fill your shelves. Every time I think I'm going to run out of space, I always seem to find somewhere new in the room to store something. All of your prop collection sounds incredible mate. You should put up pics here in the Man Cave thread. I know there'd be loads of members on here who'd love to see it (myself included). Again, thanks for your message mate. Hope to speak again soon. Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
No worries mate. Classic horror nights at the cinema would have been awesome. The only one I've done like that was a double bill of JC's The Thing and then the 2011 remake back to back. I would have loved to see Predator and Alien on the big screen. Lucky you caught them dude... I couldn't imagine not having either of those in my collection. Those pictures you've uploaded of your collectables are very cool. Do you display them next to a poster or an art print of the movie they came from? I think that's what I would do if I had any cool film memorabilia. All my items are part of movie box sets. Every model, every bust, every post card... they've all come from inside or apart of an edition that arrived with the movie. As much as I'd love to have a real piece of cinema history like your treasures, I think I'd get too obsessed and start wanting more and then my movie collection would suffer because it. I'm best just sticking to one collection I think. I too am going to watch US tomorrow (Friday here in Tasmania). I really enjoyed Get Out and I think US looks pretty terrifying - I love scary movies. Thanks for the kind words on my collection. I've been posting on here for around 2 years - made a lot of friends (and a one jealous enemy unfortunately) but I've only now done a proper Tour Video to showcase what I've spent most of my life acquiring. It seems to be doing well on YouTube so I'm really happy about that. So many people have reached out to talk movies and collections. It's been amazing. Thanks again for replying dude. Speak again soon. Cheers!

Well I'm honoured dude if my collection has been able to inspire you. That's awesome. I couldn't imagine not having Terminator next to Terminator 2 or Alien not next to Aliens. That would drive me insane. That's why I don't keep them in alphabetical order. For one, a collection this big would be near impossible to do... I've got Annihilation steelbook on the way and if they were in A-Z order, I'd have to move them all along by one just to fit them in. And say if they we're in alphabetical order... I'd have all my Harry Potters together but the Fantastic Beast films would be somewhere completely different. That ain't how I want to display my collection. Franchises together makes much more sense to me. If you ever need any pointers on collectors editions and the best places to look for them, let me know. Cheers.

thanks for the update buddy. Seeing Burton's Batman's at the cinema must have been ace. I was too young when they first came out so only got to see them first on VHS. Jaws too... I bet that was an awesome experience. Your collection is coming along nicely mate... I especially like all the Marvel stuff together, DC together, Alien etc... It all looks very neat and tidy and are those acrylic stands for your steels on top? Very cool. I do like that Film Arena Dredd steel but personally if you're happy with the steel you've just got, I'd stick with that for now. There's so many amazing movies receiving the premium steelbook treatment at the moment, if I was you I'd use my money to look at one of those instead. Manta Lab did an amazing job on their Fight Club release last year. KimchiDVD have just done a superb job on their From Dusk Till Dawn release and back to Manta Lab, their next exclusive is going to be David Fincher's Seven which I can't wait to see what the artwork looks like for that one. Not sure who the seller is from Milton Keynes you mention - maybe I've met him in person :LOL:… I used to live just outside MK... I saw Foo Fighters and Biffy Clyro there years back and I even remember going to watch Jurassic Park at the Point Cinema there when I was 10. I loved Milton Keynes for shopping - especially in HMV. Anyways bud... thanks for sharing and getting back in touch and thanks for checking out my monthly videos, I really appreciate it dude. Cheers.

Hi bud. Thanks for your message. Man, I barely have the time to do one a month but I'm glad you're enjoying them. It's crazy to think something I filmed is being enjoyed in a coffee shop the other side of the world. Very cool. Glad it helped pass the time for you. This was the longest update video I've done for sure. The others are usually 30mins to 45mins. This one went on as long as my whole room tour video which is funny. I blame it on those awesome Film Arena Maniacs boxes... always a lot to show inside those. Hope you enjoy Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. Let me know what you think of it mate. I may miss it at the cinema here and wait for Blu. The times aren't too good at my local cinema and I'm getting too old to go see a movie after 9pm . By that time I want to be at home, with my feet up on my couch, with a hot drink in hand, and a movie playing on my TV. Cheers.

Glad you loved Once Upon a Time in Hollywood mate. I thought it was excellent too. I think Leonardo Di Caprio is one of the best actors working today. He's just brilliant in every role he takes on. Very cool you got to see it in IMAX too although your cinema sounds like it's falling apart :LOL: . Mine isn't much better here dude. It's a small 4 screen cinema and most of the time it doesn't get any of the horror movies I'd like to see... Child's Play and Crawl were not shown sadly.

Thanks for the photos mate. I'd have never guessed you use that for a bedroom. You've made a great cinema retreat there dude and you're right... plenty of room to display some nice steelbooks and even a glass display cabinet in the corner by the TV. Bet it's very comfy watching a movie in there with the lights dim. Appreciate the update dude :thumbs:

I have found you finally my favourite bluray collector!
You mentioned Hidefninja on your youtube videos and I became a member not so long ago.
tenor (6).gif

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Thanks @AcIDc0r3. If you have some time feel free to check out my YouTube Channel. Goes into a lot more depth than the pictures. Cheers.

Holy mother of collections!

This is beyond insane. We are not worthy!

On a side note, I think I may have a french release of the Kill Bill volumes that I didn’t see :naughty:

Reactions: Billy Talent
Hey Ninja's. Its coming up to 6 months since my first man cave post and a lot has changed in the room since then. There's a new wall dedicated to premiums and steels, a brand new 4K section and in a feat that would impress even Dr Strange, I've managed to squeeze a new aisle in there too. Time for a new post? You bet your ass it is.

View attachment 345015 View attachment 345016 View attachment 345017 View attachment 345018 View attachment 345019 View attachment 345020 View attachment 345021 View attachment 345022 View attachment 345023 View attachment 345024
You're the reason I'm here man! I found your video on YouTube and it got me so interested in collecting. I saw your update video from a few months ago. I hope all is well now and you can get back to your monthly haul videos soon!

Reactions: Billy Talent