Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Release date: September 26, 2011
Purchase link: HMV.com (Sold-out)

BSP2292.JPG

Actual pictures: (Thanks to MrFurious and Elena)
Thor.jpg

Thor2.jpg

Thor3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get CEX, I've seen people post that they've picked up Thor, Cpt America HMV etc for great prices and yet the 2 store's I've been in locally are knocking out Ruouri Kenshin for £11, all six Star Wars for £19 each, I've yet to see a bargain in there, well done @ainsleyb for picking up this grail for that price:thumbs:.

I don't get CEX, I've seen people post that they've picked up Thor, Cpt America HMV etc for great prices and yet the 2 store's I've been in locally are knocking out Ruouri Kenshin for £11, all six Star Wars for £19 each, I've yet to see a bargain in there, well done @ainsleyb for picking up this grail for that price:thumbs:.

You'll never find rare steels in my local Solihull CEX, I know some of the staff in there and they know all about rare steels. Second someone brings one in it is put behind the counter and flogged on eBay.

You'll never find rare steels in my local Solihull CEX, I know some of the staff in there and they know all about rare steels. Second someone brings one in it is put behind the counter and flogged on eBay.
It must go on a lot, people picking up rarer steel's for dirt cheap and posting it on here is great but I can't get my head round it, they mustn't have a set price, I've seen After Earth for £13, White House Down for £15 and a few more like them, I'm just a bit confused:confused:. I already own this edition of Thor, I picked it up off ebay OCD mint with Mint J - card for £60, so why people trade their's into CEX in the first place is beyond me, surely get more for it elsewhere.

Reactions: psychoscot
It depends entirely on the person behind the counter and wether they put it on the system as a steelbook or count it as a regular Blu Ray.

If it does help anyone I picked up Thor in the Manchester arndale store and behind the counter they also have Captain America Hmv and Winter soldier Zavvi for £28 and £18. They weren't good enough prices for me to bite because they had obviously been put through as steels but they both looked in very good condition.

Just paid £28 for this from cex online . Totally expecting it to turn up looking like a dirty old pancake but I thought it was worth it just in case it's not and if it is it will be going back for a refund.

It's so annoying thinking I wasn't even aware what a steelbook was until around a year ago and missed out on all the marvel releases. It's damn addictive though I'm up to around 150 in around 8 months :/

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
Just paid £28 for this from cex online . Totally expecting it to turn up looking like a dirty old pancake but I thought it was worth it just in case it's not and if it is it will be going back for a refund.

It's so annoying thinking I wasn't even aware what a steelbook was until around a year ago and missed out on all the marvel releases. It's damn addictive though I'm up to around 150 in around 8 months :/
Sincerely hope it's the HMV one you get rather than a Zavvi version

Sincerely hope it's the HMV one you get rather than a Zavvi version

Bloody hell thats a good point ! Well it says Thor limited edition steelbook 2011. There is no mention of 3D which the zavvi release included, I'm pretty sure this one didn't. Did it ?, so if it is it will be getting sent back even if it's mint

If it says 2011 then you should be fine ;)
The film came out in 2011?? 2011 just tells the exact film you're looking at so people dont get confused for example;
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1519429

Just let us know when it comes bud. I suppose the 5 they have in stock could be a mis-match of both zavvi and hmv? who knows

and I'm pretty certain this version didnt come with 3D http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/thor-zavvi-exclusive-limited-edition-steelbook/10813388.html

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Lewis Watts