Thor (Blu-ray SteelBook) (HMV Exclusive) [UK]

RobertJoseph17

Premium Supporter
Jan 22, 2011
Illinois, United States
Release date: September 26, 2011
Purchase link: HMV.com (Sold-out)

BSP2292.JPG

Actual pictures: (Thanks to MrFurious and Elena)
Thor.jpg

Thor2.jpg

Thor3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bloody hell thats a good point ! Well it says Thor limited edition steelbook 2011. There is no mention of 3D which the zavvi release included, I'm pretty sure this one didn't. Did it ?, so if it is it will be getting sent back even if it's mint

Zavvi re-released it with just a single disk a few years back.

I got this today from Music magpie for £15, took a punt as there was no picture but luckily it was this one. It has a few chips but nothing too bad.

You must of been made up when you saw it haha. Makes you wonder why anybody would trade it in for pennies when it's selling for £60+ on the bay
I know. Some people just don't know what they're sitting on I guess!!

There must be a new staff member in the know though, because steelbooks dont make it onto the shelves there anymore :(

Reactions: Flash
I know. Some people just don't know what they're sitting on I guess!!

There must be a new staff member in the know though, because steelbooks dont make it onto the shelves there anymore :(

You can't really blame them though tbh it would be like working for a car dealership and passing up the opportunity of buying 30k cars for 5k lol

Bit of a sh*te analogy but there yeh go haha

Well... It just turned up and it is the zavvi 2d/3D release. I actually really like it though and have had a look on the bay and it seems to go for around £30+ so I might just keep it. It also looks in mint condition apart from a few blemishes on the lenti that can be seen from certain angles

What do you guys think, should i keep it ? I paid £28 inc delivery

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    847.3 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    856.1 KB · Views: 163
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    608 KB · Views: 180
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 176
Thanks for letting us know.

IMO they sent you the wrong one though. They didn't send Thor 2011. That zavvi one only came out this year (2016)

The film itself was released in 2009 so they gave you the date of the UK steelbook release.

If you're happy with it there's no reason not to keep it though.

Enjoy :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Lewis Watts
Thanks for letting us know.

IMO they sent you the wrong one though. They didn't send Thor 2011. That zavvi one only came out this year (2016)

The film itself was released in 2009 so they gave you the date of the UK steelbook release.

If you're happy with it there's no reason not to keep it though.

Enjoy :thumbs:
Film came out in 2011 mate. In my opinion CEX are not in the wrong as they didnt show a photo of the HMV one

@Lewis Watts that's a pity it isn't the HMV one but the one you have is nice too, good that it's mint as well.

You have various options what to do with this recent Zavvi version, you can keep it, return it, sell it later on if you get the HMV one or trade the zavvi one you have with another collector for something else, only trade if you can trust the collector though, prefably a good member on here or a friend.

I would look closely at any Thor HMV ones being sold on ebay (point your mouse over or click on pics/images), some of them are not as described, I can see scuffs and scratches on some of them, of course there are mint ones too.

You wait for forever for a Thor Steelbook and then two come along at once!!! :p

OK so. I've had a very lucky month. I came across two seperate ones of these on a 'secondhand' website over here. Both perfect. One only cost €7 and even included the J-card!! :OMG:

View attachment 319542

Lucky f*cker

I check daily to find this at a good price lol

You wait for forever for a Thor Steelbook and then two come along at once!!! :p

OK so. I've had a very lucky month. I came across two seperate ones of these on a 'secondhand' website over here. Both perfect. One only cost €7 and even included the J-card!! :OMG:

View attachment 319542

Why do you want to own three copies?

I´m very proud I own this awesome steelbook, it´s one of the rarest and most amazing steelbooks in my collection. I have it opened, but resealed in protection sleeve since the day I bought it and it´s totally mint :cigar::coffee: