Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X Megathread - Sells A Million!

Jan 29, 2009
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. ("High Altitude Warfare eXperimental squadron")[3] is an upcoming combat flight simulator video game developed by Ubisoft Romania and published by Ubisoft for Microsoft Windows, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. It is to be released in March 3, 2009 (US)[4]. It was officially announced on July 15, 2008 at E3 2008.

H.A.W.X. is set in 2012 above the skies of a world increasingly dependent on private military companies (PMCs) and elite mercenaries who have a relaxed view on the law. As these non-governmental organizations gain power, global conflict erupts with one powerful PMC attacking the United States.[8]

HAWX_HELMET_and_LOGO.jpg

The game is set in the same universe as Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter; as Captain Scott Mitchell, the Ghost leader, is featured in one of the missions.[9] Plot elements are carried over from other Tom Clancy games such as the missile defense system found in Tom Clancy's EndWar.[9] G4's interview with H.A.W.X.'s lead designer reveals that the game takes place in between Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2 and Tom Clancy's EndWar.[10] [11]

The player begins the game as a former U.S. Air Force Pilot David Crinshaw who provides fire-support missions for the Ghost team as part of an elite unit called H.A.W.X. Some time after the events of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2, the player joins a PMC, and flies missions for them until there is a crisis with the United States being attacked by the player's PMC. At this point, the player returns to the United States Air Force to defend the country from the PMC.

SCREENSHOTS!
tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095019207_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-20080402033529879_640w.jpg

tom-clancys-hawx-screens-and-art-20080403095013989_640w.jpg

VIDEO OF HAWX IN ACTION!!!
CLICK HERE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I really hope this game kicks ass, id have a blast flying around and shooting people online.

Looking at the trophies, they seem pretty easy too except a few that may be challenging in MP ... then u get trophies for beating on Normal, hard & elite ... I wonder if u play the game on a diff dificulty will it unlock the others ... i.e. starting with elite ... kinda like W@W

So, doesnt this demo release today on PSN!?!?! I hope so, something to play before KZ2 hehe

yes 5 pm GMT

http://www.videogamer.com/news/26-02-2009-10752.html

Ubisoft has just confirmed that a playable demo of Tom Clancy's HAWX will go live on the PlayStation Store today at 5pm GMT. A PC demo was also previously announced for release today.

The demo features full four player co-op, two missions and three licensed planes: F-16A Fighting Falcon, SU-35 Super Flanker and the AV-8B Harrier II. Players will also be able to choose between the default controls and an expert mode which allows full control over the aircraft.

H.A.W.X. is scheduled for a March 6 release for Xbox 360 and PS3. The PC version will hit stores a week later on March 13.

just finished playing the first level of the demo. so far, im liking it. the new view mode works in not only bringing in some new spice to the arcade flying game, but also can be pretty fun playing in. dog fighting is a bit more difficult, but dodging missiles is awesome and a bit easier IMO.

so far my impressions of the demo are good. it shows promise that this game could compete with the ace combat series. however, i dont know how you get to co-op and im only seeing 3 missions, so ill have to figure out how to access those options promised to us.

i would probably be picking this game up march 3rd if i hadn't told my wife no more new video games for a few months (after KZ2 of course :D).

EDIT:

additionally, there is only one difficulty available. the graphics look good, with the draw distance pretty far so the city looks stable. water looks the best. the downside is that smaller buildings look just like satellite images of the ground, which takes away from the beauty of the bigger, 3D buildings and landscape. but, this looks and feels like a real city, and im no geographical know-it-all, but i'd say that is a pretty exact replication of the city of Rio de janeiro.

Last edited:
awesome review max, thx... Im away from home so cant dl and play it :( ... I missed out on my KZ2 launch which is already 100% paid for and sitting there to be picked up :mad: ... perhaps i may partake in a day 1 for this ... ofcourse who knows, it may be day 1 for kz2 for me the day this comes out LOL :eek:

PS3Hype writes: 'Yesterday we've received a copy of H.A.W.X., and we directly going to play the game. After we saw that there was an record function, we've found another thing. Youtube uploading! Yes H.A.W.X. is the first BIG game that supports Youtube video uploading.'

WHOA .. wow ... I think I'll be picking this up ... as I got a brand new KZ2 copy sitting in my car right now, and I got a fully reserved/paid copy at gamestop to pick up... I might just transfer the funds to this.

I was really excited to play this, but after KZ2 and MLBTS I haven't had time to play the demo. I might pick it up later if I like it though. Always have liked jet games.

Update: I'm loving it! Anyone who can buy this, should. The campaign is fun, and its a must otherwise if you try anything else you will get owned and think it sucks as u wont be good or know the controls ... about 3-4 missions in campaign you will know the controls like a pro and then you can unlock stuff so u dont get owned in MP.

I havent played much MP due to my crappy hotel connect ... but there are alot of times im not online but im playing this offline. Its a fun game, and personally I think its worth it and it would be really cool to be flying with blu peeps. I need a wingman!

awesome,looks like a good game,never played ace combat about know about the whole jet flying thing,should be pretty fun..

i wish they'd make a Exclusive flying simulator for the ps3 already and use the cell processor......would be a blast to see the entire land in 1080p HD and using the entire 50gb Disk.

Man this game is cool, cant wait to play today! Alright guys, here are some cool things about HAWX

1) You can play campaign online in co-op mode, both players can choose their difficulty setting (case u need help beating a level on elite to get a trophy just add ur buddy in for extra firepower.)

2) You can play a level on elite and when u beat it on elite it looks as if u beat it on norm and hard too ... this way its not like u gotta play the game 2-3x over to get the trophies *Beat game on hard* and *beat game on elite*

3) This is def a game that will be more fun when u got buddies to play with online and such.