Transformers 3: Dark Side of the Moon Mega Thread-June 29,2011

Which is your favorite Transformers movie?

• Transformers

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • Transformers: Revenge of The Fallen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Transformers: Dark Side of The Moon

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Transformers

• Transformers

• Total voters

mobius387

beer snob
Premium Supporter
Feb 16, 2009
Milwaukee, WI
movies.ign.com/articles/103/1030366p1.html

Giant f*****g robots will storm back into theaters come summer 2011, so sayeth director Michael Bay.

The Transformers series director made the following announcement today at his official site: "Well its official: We have a great Transformers 3 story. The release date is now July 1st 2011. Not 2012. Today is Day One. This morning started with an ILM meeting for five hours in San Francisco. Currently I'm flying with writer Ehren Kruger to Rhode Island to talk to Hasbro about new characters."

Bay also jokingly addressed the public rift between himself and his leading lady. "P.S. Megan Fox, welcome back. I promise no alien robots will harm you in any way during the production of this motion picture," the director blogged, adding a litany of physical side effects that can result from collaborating with him and urging her to contact her physician. He added that "Pain and Gain is right after shooting of Trans 3."

That would mean Bad Boys III is at least five years away, if it's still even in the works (at least with Bay involved). Ditto I Am Number Four.

Bay had been on the fence about returning for Transformers 3 in recent months (especially after Paramount announced the July 1, 2011 release date without checking his availability first), emphasizing his need for a break from the franchise after shooting two giant movies back-to-back. No rest for the weary, Mr. Bay.

This should be the tag line:

"This time, Shia LaBeouf goes to robot-hell, except he DOESNT...COME...BACK!!!!!!"

It's not like I said the movie was crap. Just saying I want it to be better. I even said in the original Transformer 2 thread that I liked it better because of all the action/explosions, but at the same time I thought Transformers 1 had a better story to it.

pretty much the way it goe's..

i liked Transformers 2 for the action but one Had the story going..
they need to drop Megan fox from the story line on 3,She has nothing going on screen and their just trying to sell her sex appeal,Just look at her single acting alone movies without transformers...over Jennifer's dead body it was called?...

Yeah,that's her career going down without tranformers Actually making her somewhat look good.

Less Robots, More Story.

Last week, Michael Bay confirmed that his next Transformers movie could begin production as soon as May. When pressed for details about the sure to be box-office smash, Michael wouldn't say if Shia LaBeouf would be getting more screen time or if Megan Fox would be getting less, but he did say that viewers can expect less robots to keep straight. Bay explained:

"Although the number of robots increased significantly from the first film for the second, the third film — which will hit theaters in summer 2011, won't be as robot-heavy and there will be fewer explosions."

Paramount Considering 3D for Transformers 3

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=62958

In an article at Variety talking about films getting converted into 3D, the trade says it is still a possibility that Transformers 3 might add a dimension:

Bay's next project is "Transformers 3," and there have been discussions among Bay, Paramount and Industrial Light & Magic about going 3D with the pic. The big stumbling block is the extra time required to do production and visual effects in 3D, as the movie's release date is already set. Having the pic post-converted could alleviate that problem.

The third installment is scheduled for a July 1, 2011 release.

i thought the second one sucked. not that I've seen it, just what I've heard. why would they bother doing another one? I guess alot of people will go in hopes that it's better than the second.

yeah more story makes since 2 just seemed to "Full" to many lil characters i think they had more bots in the kitchen scene then the whole first movie.i blame sound wave he's the probelm rapeing satelites and inviting his friends someone please shoot that dude down:angry:

Controversial Autobot Twins Won’t Return for Transformers 3

Last year, one of the more contentious aspects of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen was an Autobot duo, Mudflap and Skids, who seemed to embody an impressive collection of racist, urban stereotypes.
Yesterday there was word, based on a spy account of some Transformers 3 activity, that the twins would return for the third film. But Michael Bay has now said that isn’t the case.

Bay’s denial was terse: “The Twins are not back in T3.” Given that the characters were Bay’s creation, rather than an invention of the film’s writing team, Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci, it wasn’t unreasonable to expect their return. I’m quite happy to see that they’ve missed the boat this time (assuming Bay remains true to his word) but given that, in the wake of the film’s release, everyone involved seemed quite willing to pass the buck with respect to where the characters came from, it’s no surprise they’re being left out now.

I still find it difficult to believe that the studio and its automotive corporate partner Chevrolet didn’t red-flag these two characters before they got out of the animatic stage. To me, they scream racist caricature, and not in any vaguely defensible way. There’s no commentary being made through them. They weren’t funny, entertaining, or otherwise worth keeping around. I’m no fan of the second film by any stretch, but in a movie that has a great many problems, Skids and Mudflap stand out as outrageously pointless ideas.
But there’s a big chunk of the audience that didn’t agree at all. Quite a few didn’t seem to see what the big deal was all about, while others found the characters to at least be funny. The article I wrote about these characters late in June of 2009 currently has 770 comments on it — I haven’t read them all, but even a cursory look shows that there is a broad range of opinion on the characters.

/Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/05/11...wont-return-for-transformers-3/#ixzz0nh216rKg

Those two surprised me when I first saw the movie. I didn't mind them but I can see how they could be too much.

they shouldnt have been in the 2nd one.

there is no power on earth that will drag me to the 3rd movie. unless michael bay himself gets squashed by megatron

I actually liked them, thought they were hilarious. I think more-so die hard Transformers fans just didnt like the addition of them so they played the race card. I didnt see nothing wrong with them ... but I didnt grow up watching the Transformers so its not like I have this perfect picture painted in my head to go off of to the point that new transformers screws it up for me ... I thought the 2nd movie was pretty damn funnny.

I actually liked them, thought they were hilarious. I think more-so die hard Transformers fans just didnt like the addition of them so they played the race card. I didnt see nothing wrong with them ... but I didnt grow up watching the Transformers so its not like I have this perfect picture painted in my head to go off of to the point that new transformers screws it up for me ... I thought the 2nd movie was pretty damn funnny.

I thought they were twin brothers, more than the connection that they are saying they are homosexual.

After the first transformers movie I decided not to see the sequels

I grew up on transformers. couldn't stand it.

Transformers 3 Guaranteed to Be a Little Less Foxy

Here's a bit of unexpected news:

According to Deadline, Michael Bay has reportedly dropped his Transformers leading lady Megan Fox from the latest installment. That's right, never again will we see something as gratuitous as the humped-over-a-motorcycle moment in Transformers 3. How will we survive?!

The news is slightly less surprising when you remember that a few weeks after the release of Transformers 2, Fox was quoted in Wonderland as saying, "I really wish I could go loose on this one. He’s like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation. He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," (check out EW for a few blow-by-blow of that battle). Hmm, I wonder why Bay didn't invite her back for a third round...

So can Transformers 3 survive with out Mikaela Barnes? While it's not hard to argue that Fox looked good amid all of the slo-mo, sh*t-blowing-up featured in Bay's two previous Transformers, I'm not sure her performance was anything to write home about. Most likely Mikaela is in the script that they're currently shooting with, but hell, a little scribble here, a name change there - shouldn't take long for Shia to have a new girlfriend.

Sorry Megan, we hope Jonah Hex works out!

2009-transformers-revenge-of-the-fallen-wall-009.jpg