"Unofficial" and "Fake" SteelBooks/Scam tip thread

lenochek04

BANNED
Oct 11, 2010
Marbella, Spain.
Hi All, I've renamed this thread, to allow anyone to post "fake" or "suspect" retailer or Ebay listings, so anyone can discuss/be warned. It allows traders to protect each other/discuss various listings that may or may not be authentic, officially supported Steelbook releases. -Digitalbabe.

From Lenocheck:
If any of you guys out there noticed a signed copy of Machete just sold on Ebay for over 200 dollars.
Was this an official steelbook or was this a FAKE ????
Would be interesting to read some of your opinions......as I thought it wasnt released yet.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....10679&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1566wt_1141

Attachments

• scam1.jpeg
    scam1.jpeg
    16.6 KB · Views: 420
Last edited by a moderator:
yeah the Japan Black Iron Man was DVD size ... so it could be just a dvd one sitting next to the Japan one so it matches in size.

That's been a fairly common thing in Germany lately - someone takes a DVD steel and puts blu-ray in it. They've been fetching a premium because some folks don't know about the real thing. And of course other people see that and copy it to make a few $$$.

And I think Wreck is right - he's got the JPN one in his other listing.

Last edited:
Can we report this to ebay? I feel sympathize on the new coming winner. He should have spent that highly amount with The Scarface humidor edition instead.:scat: I will give a shot with Ebay. Hope they understand and remove the item.:ohno:

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Reported already. Will see what would happen. :ohno:

Can we report this to ebay? I feel sympathize on the new coming winner. He should have spent that highly amount with The Scarface humidor edition instead.:scat: I will give a shot with Ebay. Hope they understand and remove the item.:ohno:

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

Reported already. Will see what would happen. :ohno:

I've reported it aswell ;)

Will keep it under my 'watched' items to see how this pans out.

I sent him a message saying he needs to change the listing as he's misadvertising the item to which I got a response:

"Yes the the futureshop issue - get it right

this is so wrong!"

Have sent him a reply saying if it was true FS then it would have blu-ray banner along the top. Am awaiting his response but no doubt it will be more bull.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

His latest response:

"There was also a version in the FS dvd.

I bought it at FS when I was in Canada."

I can't be bothered anymore. If people are stupid enough to purchase this then so be it.

As a new collector I think I may have fallen foul of a couple of fakes already - will try and post pics when I can - they're DVD steelbooks though (is that allowed here??!)

I sent him a message saying he needs to change the listing as he's misadvertising the item to which I got a response:

"Yes the the futureshop issue - get it right

this is so wrong!"

Have sent him a reply saying if it was true FS then it would have blu-ray banner along the top. Am awaiting his response but no doubt it will be more bull.

---------- Post added at 09:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 AM ----------

His latest response:

"There was also a version in the FS dvd.

I bought it at FS when I was in Canada."

I can't be bothered anymore. If people are stupid enough to purchase this then so be it.

Finally, sold 301 Euro !!!!!!! ( $434.49)EEK!EEK!EEK!

EEK! why would you do that,i bought it!!!!!!:angry:

Only joking lol, i wouldnt be surprised if it was a few of the sellers friends bumping the price up then leaving feedback for it to make it look like the seller is legit ect, not saying thats what happened but i wouldnt be surprised.

Wish I could hand deliver this and laugh in the recipients face :hilarious:

One could wait until the buyer leaves feedback for the seller, and then be helpful in directing the buyer to pictures of the real Iron Man blu-ray steelbook. ;)

One could wait until the buyer leaves feedback for the seller, and then be helpful in directing the buyer to pictures of the real Iron Man blu-ray steelbook. ;)

you know ive done this a few times now, some guy paid 50.00 for fake lion king trilogy and i contacted him through ebay feedback and told him and he was chuffed i told him and got a full refund. I felt like a snitch lol but i dont like honest peeps being mugged off.