Venom (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #52) [China]

Feb 21, 2017
Release date: August 2019
Group buy: June 13, 2019 - HDN members will be able to order 1 of each boxset. Double Lenti - White Boxset - Black Boxset
Notes: limited edition 2000 copies.

DL WEA Steelbook 4K+ 2D
SL WEA Steelbook 4K+Bonus
Full Slip WWA steelbook A 4K only

Black boxset with all 3 edition above (DL+SL+FS A)

Full Slip WWA steelbook B 4K+Bonus
1/4 slip WEA steelbook 4K+2D

White Boxset with 2 editions above (FS B+1/4 slip)

venom-blufans-blackbox.jpgvenom-blufans-doublelenti.jpgvenom-blufans-lenti.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-a.jpg
venom-blufans-whitebox.jpgvenom-blufans-fullslip-b.jpgvenom-blufans-quarter.jpg
9a438038gy1fyuu7mk05uj21hu0u0k7k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow must have good stock allocation, I expected all to sell out in first few minutes

This is Venom. It's not an Avengers movie. For a lot of people this is not a "must have" Blufans edition.
Also the lack of 3D ruined it for some people.

What is the print run breakdown? Also when they say 2K does that include the two OAB Slips? I assume not and the 2K is made up of 1/4 Slip, Single Lenti, and DL.
There are so many editions I would be curious to know the breakdown. The OAB's I would think you can only get by purchasing the Boxsets.

What is the print run breakdown? Also when they say 2K does that include the two OAB Slips? I assume not and the 2K is made up of 1/4 Slip, Single Lenti, and DL.
There are so many editions I would be curious to know the breakdown. The OAB's I would think you can only get by purchasing the Boxsets.
Unknown to the public. I took a stab at it last week.
My guess is 500 black boxes, 500 white boxes and 500 dL for single sale. That would give us the 2000 without counting the two WWAs.

Reactions: Jaxxx
I think this is a release that will actually gain more popularity as time goes by.

a) movie made enough money that we'll get a sequal
b) critically, the movie didnt do so well .... I'm even not much of a fan and im easy to please. However if 2 is great then this just becomes The First Avenger if you get my drift.
c) look at blufans Dr Strange pricing
d) only 2k made of the wea steel

However E doesn't help much.

e) Other great releases for this movie.

Be interesting where this lands in the short term, and even long term.

I think if they ever do weave Venom into the MCU and Spiderman in its current form this will become a "must have" because it will become canon in the MCU.

Even if they never incorporate Venom into the MCU this is still the first of Sony's Marvel universe with many more to come.

I'm one of the biggest MCU steelbook fans on this forum and I must admit, I'm getting fed up of how many are being released now. It's hard not to buy because my sole focus with steelbooks is wrapped up in the MCU/DC universes but Venom as a film was ok... nothing great. I like that it's kicked off a new universe and I like the possibility of crossover into the mcu, but overall i'm overwhelmed with the amount of releases that keep on coming. Sure, it's down to picking and choosing, but with this release in particular it's too much money for me for a film I didn't particularly consider great. I have the FA, HMV and Amazon quater slips so I may grab this quarter slip build a nice little set more when I see it pop up later down the line, but as much as a nice release it is I weighed it up and much like the FA set, it's not for me. Venom as character isn't one of my favourites either.

This is Venom. It's not an Avengers movie. For a lot of people this is not a "must have" Blufans edition.
Also the lack of 3D ruined it for some people.
Well, not the lack of 3D was for me a reason to pass this release, the movie itself.
Maybe I will see it in the future, maybe not.
I don’t think this is a very popular movie. It’s on sale already. I haven’t bothered to get the UHD, which you can get now for $13 on Amazon.