[WINNER CHOSEN] Avengers Weet SteelBook Giveaway

Wreck

Is Here To Serve
Staff Member
Jan 26, 2009
USA
Just like the TDK Blufans DL giveaway chat away and post numbers will be randomized to select a winner after a good while.

So the more posts you have , the better the odds

This is for the B1 Lenti edition and you’ll only pay shipping from your shipping hub based on your location.

526663-0e78bb965e00202cce8b966a6a36ca04.jpg

A question. Why do people buy premiums and keep them sealed. I really just don't get it? Like seriously whats the point. Opening them and looking at them is the whole point of owning them.
I don't get it either, but I'm guilty myself. If I buy an One Click, I don't open all editions, but I'm usually at least opening or planning on opening one.

A question. Why do people buy premiums and keep them sealed. I really just don't get it? Like seriously whats the point. Opening them and looking at them is the whole point of owning them.
Some people like to collect. I figure if you’re not buying and selling fairly quickly, you run the risk of your collection being worth far less. Look at the value of DVD SteelBooks. :hilarious: Life is short and you should enjoy the things you buy.

I think it is the same with anything people collect, some people prefer to keep it in pristine condition. You see it with all sorts.
Each to their own but I do open the majority of mine, partly because I do also often watch the film rather than just look at the slip lol

Funnily enough I don't usually watch the premiums I own. But I do open them to enjoy them. When I got the Mantalab Her, before ordering it I found out it wasn't actually region B and wouldn't play. I decided **** ot and ordered anyway. And then just grabbed the normal one on amazon for like £7. Some people put them in the premiums but I don't.
I think it is the same with anything people collect, some people prefer to keep it in pristine condition. You see it with all sorts.
Each to their own but I do open the majority of mine, partly because I do also often watch the film rather than just look at the slip lol

I wish I could tell you what it is that compels me to keep my premiums sealed. I've always been like that, though. Even at Christmas. Everybody wants to open up presents at the crack of dawn, and I'm like "But once we do that Christmas is over!!! Let's wait till noon" LOL.

Just something about it being sealed and still freshly new.

If we're just talking a steelbook with a slip then I pretty much open that badboy day one. The only exception is if I'm lucky enough to come by, or win, a differing version in steel, then that stays sealed typically.

I've had more than one steelbook with a ding under the J card and that's just not any good at all.

I wish I could tell you what it is that compels me to keep my premiums sealed. I've always been like that, though. Even at Christmas. Everybody wants to open up presents at the crack of dawn, and I'm like "But once we do that Christmas is over!!! Let's wait till noon" LOL.

I mean I kinda get it. Like something about having a sealed thing being shiny and new. But like those 1 clicks are super expensive and filled with amazing feeling slips, and glossy steels with embossing and debossing and art cards and lions and tigers and bears oh my. Sorry.

But when I get mine I can wait to open them, examine them and take photos to share. To each their own I guess but I have no intention of selling my collection so I don't care about them losing value. I love opening mine.

Reactions: RMA

I hate people like you lol. An ex of mine used to try to do that to me on Christmas. I very politely told her she can open her presents as late as she wants but I am opening mine now lol

• Haha
Reactions: RMA
I mean I kinda get it. Like something about having a sealed thing being shiny and new. But like those 1 clicks are super expensive and filled with amazing feeling slips, and glossy steels with embossing and debossing and art cards and lions and tigers and bears oh my. Sorry.

But when I get mine I can wait to open them, examine them and take photos to share. To each their own I guess but I have no intention of selling my collection so I don't care about them losing value. I love opening mine.
If it is a favourite film or slip of mine I will always open it as I know I will never sell it but others, I will sometimes (not always) leave it sealed in case I think I might sell it in future

If it is a favourite film or slip of mine I will always open it as I know I will never sell it but others, I will sometimes (not always) leave it sealed in case I think I might sell it in future
There have been the occassion acquisition where I just went ahead and opened it. One was the James Bond set, the Planet of the Apes set and Casablanca box set, which is insanely beautiful. That it contains one of the greatest movies in history is all bonus.

Reactions: Watkinss1

Think about the damage that might be hiding on your unopened premiums. :naughty:
back up cars GIF by Fargo

Think about the damage that might be hiding on your unopened premiums. :naughty:
back up cars GIF by Fargo
My premiums are all in perfect and sound condition. Any damage would be reflected in the FS or DL. If that's good to go, then so is the steel.

The worst JCard issue I encountered was Alien Covenant. Right in the middle of the back it looks like someone tried to drive a golf tee into it. The JCard, which looked flat at first inspection, did reveal a spot right in the middle of it showing something would be amiss. The good news is I rarely buy regular steels anymore so I can put my $ toward premiums.

My premiums are all in perfect and sound condition. Any damage would be reflected in the FS or DL. If that's good to go, then so is the steel.

The worst JCard issue I encountered was Alien Covenant. Right in the middle of the back it looks like someone tried to drive a golf tee into it. The JCard, which looked flat at first inspection, did reveal a spot right in the middle of it showing something would be amiss. The good news is I rarely buy regular steels anymore so I can put my $ toward premiums.
It doesn’t have to be shipping damage. The SteelBooks inside can have scratches. Plus, the slips that are covered can have hidden damage.