Withnail and I (Limited Edition Personalized Packaging) (Arrow Store Video) (Arrow Exclusive)[UK]

Jan 25, 2012
Piraeus, Greece
design_1.jpg
Release date: 20/10/2014
Price: £49.99
Link:http://arrowvideo.com/withnailandi/#Top

LIMITED EDITION PERSONALISED PACKAGING. ONLY 500 EACH OF FOUR DESIGNS.
The Product
Newly restored in 2K resolution, this special release includes new and classic archive interviews, a 200-page coffee table book with rarely seen behind-the-scenes images, various articles on the film from critics and those who made it as well as personalised packaging for a truly unique edition. Choose your packaging below!

Attachments

• design_2.jpg
    design_2.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 286
  • design_3.jpg
    design_3.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 296
  • design_4.jpg
    design_4.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 306
£49.99 + 10 £ shipping (europe) is quite a lot.

Looks good, new transfer, and very personalised.

But you have to pay now and what if you don`t like it anymore? Sale on with your complete name on it? Who wants to buy that?

Ordered personalised with artwork choice 1
FULL_2.jpg

Note for those of you who don't need personalised quote etc

It will be available from Amazon.UK and Zavvi
Artwork is only choice 1 and includes the book
616V-UulASL._SL1500_.jpg

Link Amazon.UK £54.99

I already have the Zavvi steelbook and even though the artwork choice 1 is the same I went with this as it looks the best to me
The extras look brilliant and these were missing from the steelbook

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

• New 2K restoration of WITHNAIL and I from the original camera negative, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • Bruce Robinson s follow-up feature, How to Get Ahead in Advertising, newly transferred from original film elements and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 PCM audio for both films
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
  • Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson, author of the BFI Modern Classic on WITHNAIL and I
  • All four original Withnail Weekend documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999, including The Peculiar Memories of Bruce Robinson, which looks at the director s career, Withnail & Us, which focuses on the film s making, and two shorter documentaries, I Demand to Have Some Booze and Withnail on the Pier
  • Newly filmed interviews with key members of WITHNAIL and I s behind-the-scenes team (TBC)
  • Theatrical trailers for both films
  • Exclusive limited edition hardback book packaging (2,000 copies) containing new writing on the films, reprints of key articles on WITHNAIL and I, deleted scenes and more across 200 pages, illustrated with original production stills
  • More to be announced!

Last edited:
Reactions: Manhunter
I thought StudioCanal had this film, not Arrow?
Arrow got the rights to the film last year
This is a new remastered version with previous extras and new extras

The studioCanal Steelbook version is poor picture quality and no extras but artwork was good

The Arrow version will be the one to have in your collection

Reactions: William
Arrow got the rights to the film last year
This is a new remastered version with previous extras and new extras

The studioCanal Steelbook version is poor picture quality and no extras but artwork was good

The Arrow version will be the one to have in your collection[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have only just ordered the zavvi steelbook, however that was really only for the artwork. I haven't tried the disc yet so I'll probably not bother and get this. Thanks for the info.

FULL_2.jpg

Note for those of you who don't need personalised quote etc

It will be available from Amazon.UK and Zavvi
Artwork is only choice 1 and includes the book
616V-UulASL._SL1500_.jpg

Link Amazon.UK £54.99

I already have the Zavvi steelbook and even though the artwork choice 1 is the same I went with this as it looks the best to me
The extras look brilliant and these were missing from the steelbook

4-DISC LIMITED EDITION CONTENTS:

• New 2K restoration of WITHNAIL and I from the original camera negative, supervised and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • Bruce Robinson s follow-up feature, How to Get Ahead in Advertising, newly transferred from original film elements and approved by director of photography Peter Hannan
  • High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD Presentation of both films
  • Original uncompressed mono 1.0 PCM audio for both films
  • Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Audio commentary by writer-director Bruce Robinson
  • Audio commentary by critic and writer Kevin Jackson, author of the BFI Modern Classic on WITHNAIL and I
  • All four original Withnail Weekend documentaries, first screened on Channel 4 in 1999, including The Peculiar Memories of Bruce Robinson, which looks at the director s career, Withnail & Us, which focuses on the film s making, and two shorter documentaries, I Demand to Have Some Booze and Withnail on the Pier
  • Newly filmed interviews with key members of WITHNAIL and I s behind-the-scenes team (TBC)
  • Theatrical trailers for both films
  • Exclusive limited edition hardback book packaging (2,000 copies) containing new writing on the films, reprints of key articles on WITHNAIL and I, deleted scenes and more across 200 pages, illustrated with original production stills
  • More to be announced!

If the book is limited to 2000 copies, and there are 2000 personalised sets, how can Amazon & Zavvi sell a non-personalised box with the book? Or will theirs be paperback?

Damn, Blast !!!

I demand the finest wines known to mankind . . .

I already have all the DVD variants, inc the long version that only comes on DVD, and the one with the Ralph Steadman poster, the 3 disc Steelbook, and the previous Blu Steelbook, and now they do this to me - bugger!
I want one of each - but I can't do that and I can't make my mind up, I luv 'em all!!

Helpppppp . . . .

p.s. (re earlier post) How can anyone stop liking Withnail? It's not technically posible is it?!!!

Last edited:

If the book is limited to 2000 copies, and there are 2000 personalised sets, how can Amazon & Zavvi sell a non-personalised box with the book? Or will theirs be paperback?
The personalised sets you can choose what artwork you want and quotes and your name and it's numbered

The box set contents is the same for both personalised and non exclusive
Same disc content and book

Personalised 4 artwork choices limited to 500 per artwork choice
4 *500 = 2000

Non exclusive artwork choice 1 limited to 2000

The non exclusive box set you only have artwork choice 1 and is not personalised or numbered

The personalised box set is cheaper at this moment

Last edited:
Damn, Blast !!!

I demand the finest wines known to mankind . . .

I already have all the DVD variants, inc the long version that only comes on DVD, and the one with the Ralph Steadman poster, the 3 disc Steelbook, and the previous Blu Steelbook, and now they do this to me - bugger!
I want one of each - but I can't do that and I can't make my mind up, I luv 'em all!!

Helpppppp . . . .

p.s. (re earlier post) How can anyone stop liking Withnail? It's not technically posible is it?!!!

If you meant me I never did like it when I first watched it! I had hoeard a lot about it but It wasn't my thing. This looks like a great edition for fans of the movie though!:thumbs:

The personalised sets you can choose what artwork you want and quotes and your name and it's numbered

The box set contents is the same for both personalised and non exclusive
Same disc content and book

Personalised 4 artwork choices limited to 500 per artwork choice
4 *500 = 2000

Non exclusive artwork choice 1 limited to 2000

The non exclusive box set you only have artwork choice 1 and is not personalised or numbered

The personalised box set is cheaper at this moment

None of which explains how there can be 4000 copies of an "Exclusive limited edition hardback book packaging (2,000 copies) containing new writing on the films, reprints of key articles on WITHNAIL and I, deleted scenes and more across 200 pages, illustrated with original production stills"