Wonder Woman (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Italy]

Sep 23, 2013
Release date: October 12, 2017
Purchase links: DVD-Store - Amazon IT
Price: €21.90 (OOS) - €25.19

Immagine.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
"Can one desire too much of a good thing?" (Shakespeare "As You Like It")
I say "No!"

Good thing? maybe not so much as on first viewing
. . . and getting down to the nitty-gritty:
- Yes, prefer the artwork to the others as it's so different when compared
BUT
- Clearly the wrong finish here . . . absolutely without a shadow of a doubt should have been full gloss to make the bronzeware and lips "snap. crackle and pop"
- Cheap-looking WW symbol . . . should have been de-bossed and a more appropriate "amazonium" / bronze shade to match the WW band on her upper arm and not that tacky gold colour.
- Cheap-looking clashing white print title out of place amid the elegance of the artwork . . . should have been rose red to pick up on the colour of the lips.
DLNOZKvVwAA0Ckg.jpg:large

Inside w/ disc + more of front and back close-up showing the inadequate finish:-
DLNbH9GVYAQTtCw.jpg:large

DLNbH9IVYAE9SQX.jpg:large

DLNbH9LVoAIIL4L.jpg:large

Last edited:
"Can one desire too much of a good thing?" (Shakespeare "As You Like It")
I say "No!"

Good thing? maybe not so much as on first viewing
. . . and getting down to the nitty-gritty:
- Yes, prefer the artwork to the others as it's so different when compared
BUT
- Clearly the wrong finish here . . . absolutely without a shadow of a doubt should have been full gloss to make the bronzeware and lips "snap. crackle and pop"
- Cheap-looking WW symbol . . . should have been de-bossed and a more appropriate "amazonium" / bronze shade to match the WW band on her upper arm and not that tacky gold colour.
- Cheap-looking clashing white print title out of place amid the elegance of the artwork . . . should have been rose red to pick up on the colour of the lips.
DLNOZKvVwAA0Ckg.jpg:large

Inside w/ disc + more of front and back close-up showing the inadequate finish:-
DLNbH9GVYAQTtCw.jpg:large

DLNbH9IVYAE9SQX.jpg:large

DLNbH9LVoAIIL4L.jpg:large
So this and Aus are the exact same finish?

Italy or Australia should make no diff.
Surely it's more likely than not to be the same finish.
If, however, he Italian is glossed . . . and if this steelbook comes to the UK it will be an instant pre-order to replace my cancelled HMV.
There are two listings for a WONDER WOMAN steelbook for the UK with the HMV as one and the other blank . . . so, fingers crossed.
upload_2017-10-3_20-56-20.png

Someone needs to gloss this and place the glossed one side-by-side with this one . . . the difference will be so glaringly obvious that the numpty who approved the finish should commit hara-kiri or at the very least hang his/her head in shame on the way out with their P45 or equivalent.

Last edited:
Italy or Australia should make no diff.
It's surely the same steelbook (?)

Someone needs to gloss this and place the glossed one side-by-side with this one . . . the difference will be so glaringly obvious that the numpty who approved the finish should commit hara-kiri or at the very least hang his/her head in shame on the way out with their P45 or equivalent.
It’s probably the same yes, although the hope is a different finish :happy:
(Like lots of US / EU releases)

The worst artwork of all of the covers..
One of the most attractive actresses to portray a superhero and you decide to keep her face away from the cover...what a brilliant idea.

Yes, I see where you're coming from . . . but . . . I think you'll agree that there's no shortage of Wonder Woman's face on WONDER WOMAN steelbooks, on posters and probably on tea-towels and mugs . . . and maybe printed on individual loo roll sheets (just joking).

For WW steelbooks . . . from Illustrated Art to airbrushed Power Pose, from profile almost silhouette-style to a quasi *Joan of Arc religious kneeling image . . .
. . . and as can be seen here the Aus. / It. steelbook could be called the odd one out when compared to the others but it remains my favourite image with its elegant. sly coquettish charm . . . although others may single out the Illustrated Art steel - and with good reason - as being the real odd one out:-
180982_large.jpg
186308_large.jpg
180987_large.jpg
183580_large.jpg
182587_large.jpg
186357_large.jpg
upload_2017-10-4_0-42-0.png

Last edited:
Yes, I see where you're coming from . . . but . . . I think you'll agree that there's no shortage of Wonder Woman's face on WONDER WOMAN steelbooks, on posters and probably on tea-towels and mugs . . . and maybe printed on individual loo roll sheets (just joking).
For WW steelbooks see below . . . from Illustrated Art to airbrushed Power Pose, from profile almost silhouette-style to an almost religious style kneeling image . . .

As can be seen below the Aus. / It. steelbook could be called the odd one out when compared to the others but it remains my favourite image with its elegant. sly coquettish charm . . . although others may single out the Illustrated Art steel - and with good reason - as being the real odd one out:-
180982_large.jpg
186308_large.jpg
180987_large.jpg
183580_large.jpg
186357_large.jpg
182587_large.jpg
This is how disconnected Hollywood is. Those who make the movies and the actual studio departments for releasing the products. ALL OF THOSE don't show her face completely .... crazy. @digitalbabe guess they only really approved the amaray art or this is all the leftover stuff from creative brief. *shrug* either way its easy to make this comparison.

Personally speaking I kind of like all of the WW images - from the power pose to the silhouette head, from the kneeling in prayer to the half face.
Perfect I feel for steelbook art - preserving the sense of mystery and wonder that is Wonder Woman (lol)

I think the closest they've come to WW's face not obstructed is this one which I seem to remember was going to be / still is TBC artwork for an as yet to be announced steelbook:-
upload_2017-10-4_0-32-59.png
upload_2017-10-4_1-9-23.png
upload_2017-10-4_1-10-2.png

As for the traditional Wonder Woman Power Pose I immediately think of these hands-on-hips-I'm-in charge stance:-
upload_2017-10-4_1-4-58.png

. . . although the more modern I-mean-business-don't-mess-with-me Power Pose is quite different:-
C6-moPHWwAACRmd.jpg
C6-moPHWgAAbym7.jpg
C6-moPGWsAII9N4.jpg

My least favourite is that Wonder pose.

All of the SteelBooks look good. It's the digibook that has the worst image of Wonder Woman.

Reactions: Lionet
. . . and, finally . . .

Wonder Woman: Limited Edition (2017)(Blu-ray-IT)(SteelBook)

SPECIAL FEATURES
- Epilogue: Etta's Mission
- Crafting The Wonder
- A Director's Vision: Themyscira: The Hidden Island
- A Director's Vision: Beach Battle
- A Director's Vision: A Photograph Through Time
- A Director's Vision: Diana In The Modern World
- A Director's Vision: Wonder Woman At War
- Warriors Of Wonder Woman
- The Trinity
- The Wonder Behind The Camera
- Finding The Wonder Woman Within