Navan/Ireland
Release date: March 4, 2024
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - WB Shop UK
Price: £29.99

Wonka.jpg

Wonka Front.jpg Wonka Open.jpg Wonka Inside.jpg 916VI9emIcL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: komor
No but I’m waiting to order one I already had ordered and canceled and wished I had not now, but it’s weird how hmv and zavvi still have it on site, I asked Warner if more of these are coming they did not know.

I had a new debit card between ordering and last week. They tried to take the money and so I updated the card immediately thinking it would go through. Instead they said as the card wasn’t active they had cancelled the order. But yet this has never happened before when I’ve had a new card. I’ll never order from them again!

I had a new debit card between ordering and last week. They tried to take the money and so I updated the card immediately thinking it would go through. Instead they said as the card wasn’t active they had cancelled the order. But yet this has never happened before when I’ve had a new card. I’ll never order from them again!

I had a new bank card this year and my provider now says in letter I had to use with chip and pin first time round to use it to activate it
Maybe something like that?

I had a new bank card this year and my provider now says in letter I had to use with chip and pin first time round to use it to activate it
Maybe something like that?
Yep, definitely have to use it at least once in an ATM, to check the balance, or anything, to have it activated, otherwise no charges will go through.

Yep, definitely have to use it at least once in an ATM, to check the balance, or anything, to have it activated, otherwise no charges will go through.
Depends on your provider. I've never had to do that with any of my credit cards in order to make online purchases. I have for contactless in person purchases though, i.e use pin instead.

Oh, really? Maybe, I just assumed it's a regular thing, since over the last 20 years in 7 banks in 3 countries all of my debit and credit cards were like that.
It may be with debit cards, as it would be typical to use those to withdraw cash etc.. a credit card charges you to do that. I never use my debit card, unless I need physical cash. Credit cards for all purchases. I've never had to do that with any of the ones I've had over the last 10 years maybe, across various providers. May just be a UK thing, not sure.

May just be a UK thing, not sure.
I don't use credit cards often, but I have a couple, one from Citibank, and one from another, both still required activation through an ATM upon renewal.
But those are US, Uzbekistan, and other places, never had a UK one indeed.

@samdavies my bank has said its a new thing due to more being stolen in post has become a more of a thing.
so from now on debit cards will be done like this i was told.
and this is one of the big 6 in the uk
to be fair i had two credit cards changed up earlier in year i misplaced a wallet and they where used within stores first before any online thing.

but some charges i do abroad my bank app for the credit cards need sometimes approvals using the app
so security is getting tighter to avoid fraud/scammers

@samdavies my bank has said its a new thing due to more being stolen in post has become a more of a thing.
so from now on debit cards will be done like this i was told.
and this is one of the big 6 in the uk
to be fair i had two credit cards changed up earlier in year i misplaced a wallet and they where used within stores first before any online thing.

but some charges i do abroad my bank app for the credit cards need sometimes approvals using the app
so security is getting tighter to avoid fraud/scammers
That's fair enough r.e the debit cards. They are a higher risk, particularly if replacements happen regularly. I've never had to do it with a credit card, and all 3 of my accounts are with "big" banks too.. i do have to authorise online payments via the apps almost every time i use them now though, which is very annoying. It's a lot of the reason why i pay via paypal whenever i can, as it's just login and done. No further shenanigans.