WowHD [UK]

Flip

---=---
Premium Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Feel free to discuss service, shopping and experiences about this shop here.

wow-hd.png

LINK

Example of steelbook packaging pic thanks to frasr

P1040444.jpg

Last edited:
I've already preordered The Fifth Element and 28 Days Later from WOW HD, will they automatically charge me the sale price or will I have to cancel then reorder?

I would imagine you would have to cancel and reorder otherwise they will charge you the price you paid when bought :(

Those are some great deals over at WowHD but given some of the comments on the retailer thread, I'm going to steer clear from this one.
Peace of mind > $

Reactions: ocielz
I've already preordered The Fifth Element and 28 Days Later from WOW HD, will they automatically charge me the sale price or will I have to cancel then reorder?

I would imagine,you will have to cancel,and then preorder them.not had a look at the deal myself though.it may not include preorders

Those are some great deals over at WowHD but given some of the comments on the retailer thread, I'm going to steer clear from this one.
Peace of mind > $

My experience with them have been positive, certainly better than zavvi when it comes to damages/replacement. The only knock on wowhd is that they use bubble mailers to ship out steelbooks.

Didn't look at the dispatch estimate.

7-10 days! Same dispatch time as my base.com order before it got cancelled due to no stock.

Not going to get this am I?:(

amazon uk

11.87 or something.

Amazon will have a bigger network of suppliers. I would go with them. Will Still waiting a while for dispatch, but I always feel easier with amazon and its uk shipping, so you get the item before Christmas!:hilarious:

I ordered Serenity over a month ago with the 15% discount and got a mail, that it's not been despatched till now, because they have problems with their supplier. So, the information on the homepage that it will be despatched in 7 - 10 days is wrong!

I rest my case. :movie:

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

If a mod is reading this, might be a good idea to move my earlier post (guilty of starting this :emb: ) and a few others to the retailer thread so as not to derail this thread off the main topic.

amazon uk

11.87 or something.

Amazon will have a bigger network of suppliers. I would go with them. Will Still waiting a while for dispatch, but I always feel easier with amazon and its uk shipping, so you get the item before Christmas!:hilarious:

I had it ordered on amazon but cancelled to save a few pounds.

I ordered Serenity over a month ago with the 15% discount and got a mail, that it's not been despatched till now, because they have problems with their supplier. So, the information on the homepage that it will be despatched in 7 - 10 days is wrong!

Thanks for the info.

May wait it out & see what happens as not desperate for it.

Never bought anything from this retailer before, can you or anyone else tell me if its a uk based company? If you pay upfront for pre orders? What is there steelbook packaging for postage like? Thanks in advance for any info:thumbs:

They are non uk based, i think its hong kong way! However ive only bought a couple of steelbooks from them and they ship in white bubble envelope, which are obviously not the safest however ive never had a problem... Yet!!
You only pay when they ship or thats what ive found it may be different for other people, but thats just my experiences.
Hope that helps :)

Reactions: pokjak290 and chunk
They are non uk based, i think its hong kong way! However ive only bought a couple of steelbooks from them and they ship in white bubble envelope, which are obviously not the safest however ive never had a problem... Yet!!
You only pay when they ship or thats what ive found it may be different for other people, but thats just my experiences.
Hope that helps :)

Last two steelbooks arrived to me in mint condition. They've upgraded their packaging a little, with cardboard and bubble wrap all over the shop. I think they're Switzerland-based but ship from Hong Kong. Fairly quick though, think it only took 5 days for my last order to arrive (Band Of Brothers steelbook).

Reactions: chunk and lgans316