WowHD [UK]

Flip

---=---
Premium Supporter
Jun 16, 2012
Feel free to discuss service, shopping and experiences about this shop here.

wow-hd.png

LINK

Example of steelbook packaging pic thanks to frasr

P1040444.jpg

Last edited:
I just ordered pacific Rim & kick Ass 2 for 40 euro, which is quite good.
When buying, they offer transit insurance for 0.75 euro.

Has anyone ever used this? I just wonder what it covers?

I just ordered pacific Rim & kick Ass 2 for 40 euro, which is quite good.
When buying, they offer transit insurance for 0.75 euro.

Has anyone ever used this? I just wonder what it covers?

Yeah I have a few items in the basket myself. Don't know what to do heard terrrible things about their packaging :ohno:

How fast does the support send replies?

Hi, just reveived one item (The Day After Tomorrow SB) with dents. Item was packed in a simple bubble envelope.
tomorrow.jpg

Contacted them via online message, till now (8 hours left) no answer. Any idea how fast they do normally answer? Correct, that I shall wait for a reply from them with the "Returns Form"?

I always thought ZAVVI has a poor return policy but now I learn WOWHD is much worse :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, just reveived one item (The Day After Tomorrow SB) with dents. Item was packed in a simple bubble envelope.
Contacted them via online message, till now (8 hours left) no answer. Any idea how fast they do normally answer? Correct, that I shall wait for a reply from them with the "Returns Form"?

I always thought ZAVVI has a poor return policy but now I learn WOWHD is much worse :D

Did you opt for the transit insurance?

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you opt for the transit insurance?

No, did not chose this option. Nevertheless they asked me to return the item at their charge (will compensate up to GBP 5 for my shipping) and promised to send me a replacement item after they will have received the damaged one.

Well, let's see how this story will end :)

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:16 PM ----------

Same here, I hope that extra 75c, means a speedy replacement for damaged steels tho

Would be interesting, if these extra 75c really means speddy replacement...

I received Fifth Element from WOWHD with 2 nice dents on the back. They offered me 1 GBP refund. I had paid transit insurance. I am going to reply back to them that the item needs to be returned for a full refund including cost of return postage. It looks like they are trying to persuade me to avoid returning back to Hong Kong as it will cost at least 5 GBP which means they have to refund more. This will be my last order with them via Credit Card. Going forward I will use PayPal as I can at least open a dispute and feel safe instead of losing peace of mind.

I received Fifth Element from WOWHD with 2 nice dents on the back. They offered me 1 GBP refund. I had paid transit insurance. I am going to reply back to them that the item needs to be returned for a full refund including cost of return postage. It looks like they are trying to persuade me to avoid returning back to Hong Kong as it will cost at least 5 GBP which means they have to refund more. This will be my last order with them via Credit Card. Going forward I will use PayPal as I can at least open a dispute and feel safe instead of losing peace of mind.

Great! I also have a few items on the way from them (also paid transit insurance as I thought it might cover a replacement copy) so I'm not feeling very confident right now :(

I need to remind myself to not order from these guys again as they have stopped including cardboard in the bubble jiffys and 2/3 of my recent steels ended up dented. They asked for evidence which I supplied and then had the cheek to offer me £2 to keep the damaged ones! Currently still trying to resolve this too. Never again. It's not worth the hassle.

Reactions: lgans316
Same here. My Fifth Element had 2 nice dents on the back and I was offered £1 to keep
it. This is just 25p above the transit insurance amount I paid. Still trying to resolve the problem.

Going forward order by PayPal so that dispute can be raised but PayPal may ask us to send the item back at our own expense.

Finally got the UK return form from WOWHD.

Return address is:

WOW HD Returns
P.O Box 446
Potters Bar
GB EN6 3JR
UK

You can do one of the following:

1. Replacement
2. Exchange for another item
3. Exchange for gift voucher

Postage cost will be refunded as gift voucher and should not exceed 5 GBP.

They offered me a refund for my damaged Pacific Rim, as they have none left in stock.
Haven't asked me to return the dented one yet though. I hope they do, as its not much use to anyone, just taking up room in a draw.
They do seem to have another PAcific Rim on their site for a few quid more, It says its North American, not 100% sure what version it is though

They offered me a refund for my damaged Pacific Rim, as they have none left in stock.
Haven't asked me to return the dented one yet though. I hope they do, as its not much use to anyone, just taking up room in a draw.
They do seem to have another PAcific Rim on their site for a few quid more, It says its North American, not 100% sure what version it is though

I imagine it's the exact same as the one you already got but they don't want to give it to you as they're charging more for it now. The only release outside Europe was the Canadian (and of course the Japan boxset)