Price: £24.99

2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
11264282-1074376483896947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Disney are such liars

Zootopia, the next feature to be released by Walt Disney Animation Studios, has been renamed Zootropolis for its UK release.
A spokesman for Disney explained: “In the UK we decided to change the US title (Zootopia) to Zootropolis to merely allow the film to have a unique title that works for UK audiences.”

'merely' to allow the UK to have a unique title - yeah right.

Reactions: lgans316
Disney are such liars

Zootopia, the next feature to be released by Walt Disney Animation Studios, has been renamed Zootropolis for its UK release.
A spokesman for Disney explained: “In the UK we decided to change the US title (Zootopia) to Zootropolis to merely allow the film to have a unique title that works for UK audiences.”

'merely' to allow the UK to have a unique title - yeah right.
how's that a lie?
They said that was why they chose Zootropolis for UK, after the copyright issue.

how's that a lie?
They said that was why they chose Zootropolis for UK, after the copyright issue.

Because it is a lie? They dont mention any copyright issues, they plain an simple sais "merely allow the film to have a unique title", like the only reason is because they wanted another title, which is bullshit. They werent allowed to have the original title, thats why.

. . . and a spokesperson added when asked about the name change "To clarify, they're changing the title because they're changing the title. Is that clear ?"

and according to the Irish Times' Donald Clark in his article "Why is Zootopia called Zootropolis here and why is Disney being so coy about explaining the change?". . . " some prodding suggests that the problem may relate to a proposed Danish zoo called Zootopia. Is that plausible ? Well, it seems that the problem may be less to do with supposed connections - again unlikely - between a film and a yet-to-be-built Scandinavian animal attraction than with legal problems surrounding merchandising. It does look like the zoo has registered itself in the U.K. to sell hats, T-shirts and the like. If this is the real reason why don't Disney own up to it and we are left to assume that DISNEY HAS BEEN SO ADVISED MY M'LEARNED FRIENDS".

Yes, I know we've been here already but the last sentence IS important and would explain the vague replies from Disney.
It's going to be fun for the merchandise collector with soft toys and other stuff branded with three different names !

Other reasons for the name change are not to be taken seriously:
- Too close a name to the 1993 U2 album ZOOROPA.
- Connection to the ZOOT SUIT made famous by Cab Calloway (and seen in the Blues Brothers with his evergreen "Minnie the Moocher"). No idea if any of the animals here are kitted out in zoot suits.

Name changes for films, TV shows, video games and books is not new between territories and there are modern as well as classic title changes with some of the most well-known being:
- A MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH (UK) STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN (US) - Americans prefer titles without the word "Death" in them.
- BUILD MY GALLOWS HIGH (UK) OUT OF THE PAST (US)
- ICE COLD IN ALEX (UK) DESERT ATTACK (US) - allusion in UK title deemed obscure for American audience.
- DIABOLIQUE (UK) THE FIENDS (US) - French title "Les Diaboliques".
- YOUNG MAN OF MUSIC (UK) YOUNG MAN WITH A HORN (US) - for obvious reasons . . .
- WITCHFINDER GENERAL (UK) THE CONQUERER WORM (US) - film has almost zero connection to Edgar Alan Poe's "The Conqueror Worm".
- THE 51 ST STATE (UK) FORMULA 51 (US) - potentially offensive to American audiences.
- DIE HARD 4.0 (UK) LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD (US) - State motto of New Hampshire "Live free or die" little known outside the US.
- FAST AND FURIOUS 5: RIO HEIST (UK) FAST FIVE (US)
- WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE (UK) THE RUNDOWN (US)
- ROAD KILL (UK) JOYRIDE (US)

- BOSS CAT (UK) TOP CAT (US) - maybe the one with the closest connection to the Zoo-topia/tropolis debacle with "Boss Cat" used here in the U.K. because there was a famous brand of cat food by the name of "Top Cat" . . . Of course we all knew the show as "Top Cat", what with the countless "TCs" and the fact that the *theme tune and show's dialogue contained many mentions of "Top Cat" - you'd think if the BBC were so paranoid about Product Placement at the time they would have either not shown it of re-dubbed the theme tune .
* Top Cat, the most effectual
Top Cat, whose intellectual
Close friends get to call him TC
Providing its with dignity
Top Cat
The indisputable leader of the gang
He's the boss, he's the pip
He's the championship
He's the most tip top
Top Cat

I suppose the U.K. film will have all mention of "Zootopia" expunged from the print (unlike what happened to TOP CAT/BOSS CAT) . . . but it's a nice touch to use a different animal as the newsreader in different territories - for example, in the U.S./Canada/Mexico/ France and Russia a MOOSE - in the UK a CORGI - Japan a RACOON DOG - China a PANDA - Brazil a JAGUAR - Australia a KOALA.

image.jpeg

And from beautiful mock up to...titleless awful artwork, I know, I too am shocked by this unusual occurrence
(Facepalm)

@Noodles you seen this?

You been working with them?

I actually like your mock up in French thread so i don't mind this but we all know it won't have a title

But I would of prefered the mock up art

Reactions: Noodles
@Noodles you seen this?

You been working with them?

I actually like your mock up in French thread so i don't mind this but we all know it won't have a title

But I would of prefered the mock up art
Literally just saw it in the France thread a minute ago mate. Since the studio will obviously have a lot more images to use, I was actually hoping they'd come up with a different/better design than mine... should have guessed they'd go for something simple AND without any title. :facepalm:

For those wondering, here's my concept...
#57 Zootopia V1 (SC).png

Reactions: Mobley and Flloydo
Literally just saw it in the France thread a minute ago mate. Since the studio will obviously have a lot more images to use, I was actually hoping they'd come up with a different/better design than mine... should have guessed they'd go for something simple AND without any title. :facepalm:

For those wondering, here's my concept...
View attachment 231639

Yeah but did you use the split screen and colours randomly and choose those colours yourself or have they literally used your design?
I've seen the image of her grabbing him by the tie so I assumed you cut that out and put it on a background and chose the colours randomly that suits the characters. or is there similar poster work like this for the film with the orange and blue spilt screen ?

Ahh @Noodles ive just seen some posters for it and I hadn't seen any of that style before so fair dos.

I thought they had stole your design

Good guess work though lol

Yeah but did you use the split screen and colours randomly and choose those colours yourself or have they literally used your design?
I've seen the image of her grabbing him by the tie so I assumed you cut that out and put it on a background and chose the colours randomly that suits the characters. or is there similar poster work like this for the film with the orange and blue spilt screen ?

Ahh @Noodles ive just seen some posters for it and I hadn't seen any of that style before so fair dos.

I thought they had stole your design

Good guess work though lol
Ah, sorry mate - I thought you were joking before when you asked if I'd been working with them... didn't realise you weren't aware that I'd used an official poster for the front. I made the back art myself to obviously match the front though, so you shouldn't find a poster of that anywhere lol.

Reactions: Flloydo
Ah, sorry mate - I thought you were joking before when you asked if I'd been working with them... didn't realise you weren't aware that I'd used an official poster for the front. I made the back art myself to obviously match the front though, so you shouldn't find a poster of that anywhere lol.

Nah was being deadly serious lol I thought you had worked with them.
Hey I think highly of your work mate

I have seen the sloth on posters like your back art but not the hippy buffalo thing.
I prefer the hippy thing version but I imagine they will use the sloth

Nowhere is this listed as "final artwork" - on the contrary this French edition has "VISUEL PROVISOIRE" in capital letters on the mock-up under the title (or "PROVISIONAL ARTWORK" if you prefer).
Other editions showing this artwork include the following:
- Sweden, Finland and Norway (so far) - "CREATIVE NOT FINAL AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

Granted, the U.K. mock-up has ARTWORK SUBJECT TO CHANGE but as far as I'm concerned our artwork is the pick of the bunch and I'd be more than happy with it.

Regarding the blue and orange posters: really hope none of these are used for the final artwork - and, yes, there are 12 to choose from in this unlovely palette (11 from posters by LEGION CREATIVE GROUP of Los Angeles and the one on the French front by CONCEPT ARTS STUDIOS, also of L.A.).
When I see so much blue and orange I can't help thinking of flags . . . and old German flags to be precise.

In summary: hope good sense prevails and we end up with the much more satisfactory poster artwork at the top of this page - best thing I like about this one is that even if there's only a picture spine there is added possibility with this artwork for the street sign to be used for the U.K. title (in the style of THE MIST or GHOST RIDER 2 where the title is part of the artwork).

Nah was being deadly serious lol I thought you had worked with them.
Hey I think highly of your work mate

I have seen the sloth on posters like your back art but not the hippy buffalo thing.
I prefer the hippy thing version but I imagine they will use the sloth
Cheers dude... that means a lot. :)

I've not seen the film, so I have no idea who the main characters are (apart from the fox and rabbit), but my main reason for choosing the hippie Yak for the back (just call me Eminem from now on :cool:) is simply because he used up more space lol.

Reactions: Flloydo