Purchase link: Zavvi (LIVE)
Price: £24.99

2.jpg

1.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
11264282-1074376483896947.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nowhere is this listed as "final artwork" - on the contrary this French edition has "VISUEL PROVISOIRE" in capital letters on the mock-up under the title (or "PROVISIONAL ARTWORK" if you prefer).
Other editions showing this artwork include the following:
- Sweden, Finland and Norway (so far) - "CREATIVE NOT FINAL AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE"

Granted, the U.K. mock-up has ARTWORK SUBJECT TO CHANGE but as far as I'm concerned our artwork is the pick of the bunch and I'd be more than happy with it.

Regarding the blue and orange posters: really hope none of these are used for the final artwork - and, yes, there are 12 to choose from in this unlovely palette (11 from posters by LEGION CREATIVE GROUP of Los Angeles and the one on the French front by CONCEPT ARTS STUDIOS, also of L.A.).
When I see so much blue and orange I can't help thinking of flags . . . and old German flags to be precise.

In summary: hope good sense prevails and we end up with the much more satisfactory poster artwork at the top of this page - best thing I like about this one is that even if there's only a picture spine there is added possibility with this artwork for the street sign to be used for the U.K. title (in the style of THE MIST or GHOST RIDER 2 where the title is part of the artwork).

Well If you know Disney by now like you should you know they love minimal art for the steels so I'm going with this will 100% be the art for WWA. The French update even has the style of spines they do now with pictures and shows a j card.
This will 100% be the art.

But in honesty I hadn't seen these posters before. I've seen other more active and colourful posters so that's why I thought noodles had worked with them

Cheers dude... that means a lot. :)

I've not seen the film, so I have no idea who the main characters are (apart from the fox and rabbit), but my main reason for choosing the hippie Yak for the back (just call me Eminem from now on :cool:) is simply because he used up more space lol.

Lol alright Eminem

I prefer the hippy yak (not buffalo lol)

Reactions: Noodles
Because it is a lie? They dont mention any copyright issues, they plain an simple sais "merely allow the film to have a unique title", like the only reason is because they wanted another title, which is bullshit. They werent allowed to have the original title, thats why.

That's not a lie though. What they said was true.

That's not a lie though. What they said was true.
Disney Europe and Disney UK have not given the correct reason as to why they are not using ZOOTOPIA
Instead they have given to the press this reason
A spokesman for Disney explained: “In the UK we decided to change the US title (Zootopia) to Zootropolis to merely allow the film to have a unique title that works for UK audiences.”

The real reason as to why is this ZOOTOPIA name is a registered trademark by a Danish zoo who own the rights to the use of the name in UK and most likely other countries in Europe and Disney can't use it but can in USA as the trademark is not registered in USA by the Danish Zoo
Screenshot (116).png

• Informative
Reactions: eLviS1987
Well, it's beyond ridiculous using two characters from the film on the front in a totally nondescript setting when the title of the film is ZOOTROPOLIS - a pointed reference to "a place/a city" - and so a place or a city SHOULD figure prominantly in the main artwork even if just as background.
This is not entitled "The Adventures of Hopps and Wilde in an Unspecified Place" and that French image just isn't any fun !
Imagine a "London Has Fallen" steelbook with a couple of the main characters as the front artwork and no image or mention of London OR "Olympus Has Fallen" without an image of The White House on the front OR imagine the literally hundreds of film titles with place names in them with these places not represented anywhere in the artwork . . .

Whether it be ZOOTOPIA or ZOOTROPOLIS it is the city itself that is one of the STARS OF THE SHOW and it can be seen in the best posters how much effort the artists must have put into depicting it.

Moreover there is a 25 quid lavishly illustrated book just out entitled "The Art of Zootropolis" with a preface by John Lasseter and inside you can see the wonderful representations of a major city "created by animals for animals" and at the same time recognisable to us as a major city, or Metropolis.
Originally planned as a futuristic city but later changed, after months spent studying the various animals represented here in their natural habitats, to a human type city except lived in only by animals with ancient and modern architecture, lots of cars and lots of dust in the atmosphere etc.
Clearly a Work of Love so let's see it on the front !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I
zootropolis-latest-poster.jpg

Last edited:
Digging the artwork on the front, but what is with that bare metal border thing? That is so weird looking! Also, as predicted, title-less spine.

Nice choice of art, but terrible looking mock-up... hopefully the real product looks better!

The silver border is strange
The fact that it does have a border I wonder is there some embossing of the characters

I also expect there might be no title on the front and it's only on the jcard

If this is a gloss finish It might end up looking nice

Saw this recently and it was a major letdown for me, just didn't really like it so cancelled the steelbook, shame was looking forward to it :(

Love this artwork and happy they took the best option available . . . and happy that the earlier suggested front with the two characters was NOT used :thumbs::happy:

Great looking spine with all the pics and the best picture spine I've ever seen.

Silver framing border to the artwork does look a bit odd but confirms the steel will have at the very least an embossed title.

Ordered without further hesitation.

#85 Great mind think alike . . . LOL

P.S. UK artwork same.

Last edited:
Looks pretty bad overall IMO. There's no consistency... and what's with that random silver border? :wtf:

Cancelled my Zavvi order... will wait for a price drop or a better release from our friends overseas. :)