Fox Direct - £17.99

The Alien serie:
Alien || Aliens || Alien 3 || Alien Resurrection

alien3-2.jpg

alien3-1.jpg

alien3-3.jpg

alien3-4.jpg

Actual pics-thanks ricster!

All images can be clicked on for a closer view. They are all high res and can be viewed at full scale.

Fsw4pkx.jpg

6krJYj9.jpg

hZ3SHSi.jpg

DaejLq1.jpg

UHJvO5e.jpg

47OCqaQ.jpg

Below are shots to help show the finishing on the steel.

HDN EXCLUSIVE SHOTS
---------------------------

jQuDOq8.jpg

ZelRHU9.jpg

j06Lk8T.jpg

HDN EXCLUSIVE FINISHING SHOT
Extremely close up shot to help show you the paint job

u4HRyyX.jpg

iTupT8T.jpg

Arcxy2w.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Each one has gone from an independent first film to an over $100 million budget picture.
Do you find that in real life that happens? It's like the guy bagging your groceries becoming the CEO overnight.
Sure, they may be talented. But that kind of money is not handed on good will.
These are clearly committee pictures. I'm not even saying that decent ok movies can't be had this way- but nobody goes from being the big dog on a $100,000 picture to a $100 Million dollar picture without serious caveats involved.
I have no doubt Trevorrow directed the actors in acting scenes. I also have no doubt he did not direct any action scenes or have any say on the SFX, or on the editing or the cut.
That may all be true, but "puppets" that's a bit harsh mate!

Well paid puppets?!! ( actually if you read up on it – they are not well-paid!)
:LOL::rofl::LOL::rofl:
Also- it may not be the worst thing in the world for Steven Spielberg to direct by proxy on JW...
Just callin a spade a spade. Remember how once Zach Snyder was done with Man of Steel he fired the director of 300:Rise of an Empire? He just wanted the dude to shoot the footage he couldn't because of MOS. But once he was done with MOS, he kicked him out and edited the movie himself. He basically just hired the guy to shoot it.
This is how these guys are doing this stuff now. Remember, the guy who "directed" 300:Rise of an Empire was hired because of his YOUTUBE videos!! Seriously. Don't make me laugh. These guys are not searching for hidden talent on YouTube and the Indie Film market. They are looking for 'competent enough' directors to shoot what is required- and then taking over after. Again, this is why Marc Webb was fired from Spider-Man. He wasn't playing that game with them. He wanted to do what he wanted to do- and that is not what they want.
They want- "shoot this for me. Then get out." I count about 5 indie directors in a row getting massive blockbusters after their first below $1 Mil picture. Is there a massive sudden surge in directorial talent?!! I wouldn't have put Tarantino or Nolan in charge of a $100 Million picture after their first films- and you think Trank, Trevorrow, and Jon Watt's first pictures whooped ass all over those? Not by a long shot. You Don't need a slide-rule to figure this out...;)

Agree with @C.C. 95 (I like the cut of your jib my friend) with all points apart from Edwards. I think he was brought in on Godzilla as he had already proved that he understood how to make a character driven special effects laden movie. The guy was able to make CG in his own bathroom!

I adore Fincher, but he has the tendency to be extremely arrogant about his own ability, and if he hadn't become as successful as he is now, I doubt he'd be trying to disown Alien 3. There's no doubt the guy hated the experience, but from what I've read the studio made it pretty clear it was their movie from the outset.

Reactions: C.C. 95
If you look at classic directors from times past they had to do a lot of work before they were ever allowed near a feature. Look at Speilberg, Hitchcock or Eastwood. They had to have a lot of experience under their belt before they were allowed to play with serious money..... Had Fincher been born 30 before no way would he have ever been allowed near a main feature film. It would not have happened and on the rare occasion when it did happen (Citizen Kane) Orson Welles had to fight tooth and nail all the way to get what he wanted done. And boy was that some fight! You really do need balls of steel to take on the studios......

Reactions: C.C. 95
If you look at classic directors from times past they had to do a lot of work before they were ever allowed near a feature. Look at Speilberg, Hitchcock or Eastwood. They had to have a lot of experience under their belt before they were allowed to play with serious money..... Had Fincher been born 30 before no way would he have ever been allowed near a main feature film. It would not have happened and on the rare occasion when it did happen (Citizen Kane) Orson Welles had to fight tooth and nail all the way to get what he wanted done. And boy was that some fight! You really do need balls of steel to take on the studios......
Poor Welles- they took it out on him by butchering all his films AFTER Citizen Kane! (Not just Ambersons, but Lady From Shanghai, etc.)

Poor Welles- they took it out on him by butchering all his films AFTER Citizen Kane! (Not just Ambersons, but Lady From Shanghai, etc.)
Not to take away from this riviting conversation but its really got nothing to do with the Alien 3 steelbook, or even Alien 3 generally. So I think its time to get this thread back on topic!

I so glad I bought this steel as its such an underated part of the quadrology and it's a pretty good looking one apart from the back! [emoji4]

Reactions: George Pearce
I watched the assembly cut again last night and I really can't understand the dislike of it,perhaps upon the initial cinema viewing at release it failed to meet expectations but a retrospective look at it will do no harm at all. It's much much better than alien resurrection and stands up well on its own these days, if you didn't like it when it first came out give the assembly cut a spin without prejudiced eyes .......you may well find yourself surprised by what you see.

Last edited:
Reactions: wyatt03