American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry mate, It's just the reason they have give for cancelling this title is absurd with their track record, so being cynical, I'm Mr Zavvi and I take a look on HDN to see what people want, I then tell them that I'm going to give them what they want creating a buzz and an interest in my product because let's face it being Mr Zavvi I could do with some brownie points, I then delay and delay and at the last minute I pull the plug citing the reason they have given.

I know it's far fetched, but I'm tired and p*ssed off that this has been cancelled...

Why would they bother to do that when they could just release the Steelbook and make some money? The film has recently been released on Blu-ray in the UK and Zavvi have announced other Steelbooks by the same distributor, so there is no reason at all why a Steelbook release would not be possible. I think the artwork excuse isn't that far-fetched. I imagine EiV intended to use the amaray artwork (as they did with The Departed and Gangs of New York) but the feedback here was very poor for that artwork.

Reactions: Flash
Why would they bother to do that when they could just release the Steelbook and make some money? The film has recently been released on Blu-ray in the UK and Zavvi have announced other Steelbooks by the same distributor, so there is no reason at all why a Steelbook release would not be possible. I think the artwork excuse isn't that far-fetched. I imagine EiV intended to use the amaray artwork (as they did with The Departed and Gangs of New York) but the feedback here was very poor for that artwork.
Okay, even if the feedback for the amaray was poor, it would still have sold out IMO, I'm wondering how long they have known that this was not going to be released before telling us, if anything the lesson learned is surely that you don't announce a release until it is 100% done.

Totally sucks. Is it confirmed that's it's cancelled? Just got rid of my dvd aswell

Have i missed something here? Whos confirmed its cancelled?

Or is someone just jumping to conclusions?
As far as I'm aware there's been no official word that it's been cancelled, so we should all probably just wait and see what happens before getting upset/angry.

Being the cynical sod that I am, has anyone thought that an American Psycho steel possibility was simply a clever ploy to create buzz and generate interest in their site and was never going to happen in the first place, anyone that know's anything about Steelbook's and more over this community will know that two of the most anticipated title's on steel are American Psycho and Dredd, and to this day no artwork has surfaced for either title....
same with dead mans shoes. the thought did cross my mind too- maybe they were just creating hype.

i thought zavvi have nothing to do with the art. funny how when people rip into zavvi for **** art, people jump to their defense and say they have nothing to do with the art. but now this steel is supposedly being shelved because it didnt meet zavvis high stardards? lol

Reactions: ty233
read my lips : Zavvi's American Psycho and Dredd steelbooks are cancelled/not gonna happen !

you can quote me on this.

now. move on people. pls.

:cool:
:whistle:
:naughty: