American Psycho (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Nov 5, 2012
Newark, Nottinghamshire
Release date: 26th of October, 2015
Purchase link: American Psycho (Live Sat Oct 17, 18:00 UK time)
Price: £15.99
Ultra-limited print run

11037429-2084332714397968.JPG

11037429-2084332714406305.JPG 11037429-1004332714411747.JPG 11037429-2704332714417192.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
i was thinking earlier do you think they announced these so early to dissuade the competition?

i remember reading plain archive werent going to go ahead with I Saw the Devil because zavvi announced they had an edition coming.

Maybe zavvi are just announcing them early to scare off any potential competition.

Release date came, release date went... No artwork, no pre-order. No information from the studio, no communication from Zavvi. It appears that no-one seems to know what is going on, or just doesn't care. If it has been cancelled, then Zavvi are too lazy to remove it from their website. If it has been delayed (like the Indy releases and some others) then they should at least use their social media to inform their customers. One way or another, we need closure!

It looks like the rights to this film have reverted back to Lionsgate as they have a new release due on June 8th. I guess EiV decided to cash in by releasing amaray and Steelbook editions but couldn't get the Steelbook produced in time.

It looks like the rights to this film have reverted back to Lionsgate as they have a new release due on June 8th. I guess EiV decided to cash in by releasing amaray and Steelbook editions but couldn't get the Steelbook produced in time.
So what does that mean for those who have standing orders already with Zavvi? Same order, just new product?!

Hopefully, we'll eventually get a Steelbook from Lionsgate with the 1080p transfer used for their US release, instead of EiV's 1080i travesty.

Now, if only the UK rights to both "Gangs of New York" and "The Crow" would also revert to Lionsgate/Studio Canal then we might eventually get Steelbooks of those titles with the re-mastered transfers available elsewhere.

Hopefully, we'll eventually get a Steelbook from Lionsgate with the 1080p transfer used for their US release, instead of EiV's 1080i travesty.

Now, if only the UK rights to both "Gangs of New York" and "The Crow" would also revert to Lionsgate/Studio Canal then we might eventually get Steelbooks of those titles with the re-mastered transfers available elsewhere.
I just got cold shivers up my spine when you said 1080i...
scream-reaction.gif

So what does that mean for those who have standing orders already with Zavvi? Same order, just new product?!
The Steelbook never went live so there is no orders placed

The EIV Amaray Blu-ray was already released on Feb 16th 2015 and this existing stock is still available

There is now a new release of the Blu-ray Amaray been released in June 8th 2015 from Lions Gate Home Entertainment this will most likely will be the same as the USA Blu-ray but that's not been confirmed yet if the new UK Blu-ray will be different to previous UK Blu-ray

If there is to be a steelbook I would say it will be up to EIV and Lionsgate to decide what happens for a UK Release as the terms of the rights we don't know the details

Last edited:
Reactions: C.C. 95
The Steelbook never went live so there is no orders placed

The EIV Amaray Blu-ray was already released on Feb 16th 2015 and this existing stock is still available

There is now a new release of the Blu-ray Amaray been released in June 8th 2015 from Lions Gate Home Entertainment this will most likely will be the same as the USA Blu-ray but that's not been confirmed yet if the new UK Blu-ray will be different to previous UK Blu-ray

If there is to be a steelbook I would say it will be up to EIV and Lionsgate to decide what happens for a UK Release as the terms of the rights we don't know the details
Thanks.:thumbs: I was confusing it with another steel where there were actual orders taken. This one has been such a mess for so long, you can understand my confusion there...:rolleyes:

I just read on a different site that following the return of distribution rights to Lionsgate, Zavvi are now moving forward with this release.
They were originally looking for a March release, but plans were scrapped due to the original distributors poor choice of artwork.
But now it looks like Lionsgate can put together a "much better" release.
New release date is expected around September.