Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: October 24, 2016
Purchase link: Ant-Man
Price: £24.99
Note: Title will be on spine.

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame about the finish, but the overall artwork looks great! I actually prefer it without the lenti, but then I'm not a huge fan of those anyway.

Thanks for the photos. :)
Yeah the inside art and back art are great! But the photos probably do the front art finish better justice, as up close the front art looks washed out. The lenti is also about 5mm to short for the frame!:LOL: The depth isn't that bad, better than say Zavvi Iron man, but not great. Not as good as Hulks hand as that nearly blew my eyes out!! Still better than that god awful first release!:thumbs:
Also the two marvel logos are not centred with each other which makes it look a bit poor. Not the best Zavvi Marvel Lenti, but not the worst
image.jpeg

The artwork is pretty nice but the front artwork should have been kept within the border, it looks a bit silly overlapping at the bottom. The finish could be better but it is a massive improvement over the terrible original SSD release overall.

Arrived today and, yes, it's OK but nothing to write home about.
The lenticular magnet has reasonable depth even though it's just limited to background and foreground - certainly not a patch on "The Incredible Hulk" lenti steelbook, for example, with the hovering helicopters in the middleground.
Can't say I prefer this to the previous steelbook edition and out of the three steelbooks that were delivered today (with "TMNT: Out of the Shadows" and "Ben-Hur") I will admit that this is my least favourite and, yes, the "MARVEL" logo on the steelbook itself is noticeably off-centre.
7/10

Get rid of that fugly lenti (double Marvel logo and not centred to each other? Really?) and it seems to be a nice steelbook.

Seems to be the good call for me to just stick with my SSD version that I like just fine.

looks amazing!!! inside artwork is much better than the blufans release. I'm glad ordered this.

only weak point is the lenti! why not the same lenti as Hulk?

Reactions: lgans316
looks amazing!!! inside artwork is much better than the blufans release. I'm glad ordered this.

only weak point is the lenti! why not the same lenti as Hulk?
Hulk is from Universal UK/Europe
Ant- Man is from Disney Europe

The Steelbooks and Slipcover and Lenti are decided by the Film Studios Distributor
The retailer is only the seller they don't do any design artwork of the Steelbook or Lenti or slips

Hulk is from Universal
Ant- Man is from Disney

The Steelbooks and Slipcover and Lenti are decided by the Film Studios Distributor
The retailer is only the seller they don't do any design artwork of the Steelbook or Lenti or slips
I know. What I dont understand is: why they cant see that it looks strange that way.

I know. What I dont understand is: why they cant see that it looks strange that way.
Film Studio Distributors releases are separate so they don't work together on the design of the Lenti as they are different companies

You only see a release with involvement of 2 different Film Studios when it's a joint release

Disney Europe yes I agree need to do better Lenti on their releases

Reactions: lgans316
The back artwork is amazing, probably the best antman artwork on ant release, the front is not perfect but at least this is WEA, the inside art is nicer than the Blufans and given the price with discount delivered is £22.49 Compared to over £55 for the Blufans release (plus the risk of extra duty costs, then this is a winner for me given the current exchange rate. Will sit nicely with the rest.

lenti is a poor blurry mess (n) but overall i am happy with this...

Zavvi just need to put more pressure on their suppliers for better and more consistent quality lentis... if it cant be done right, dont do them at all. ....Instead give us full gloss with embossing ...I'll take that over a half assed lenti every time :cigar:

Havent seen it up close yet but nice to see there's a title on the spine and the back art looks good too, but what's going on with the front?! The art doesn't even fit in the border and the lenti looks stupid with the extra marvel logo on it.. in fact if it was up to me the Marvel logo shouldn't have even been there in the first place cos it looks out of place to me (n)

Why could they not have just cropped it a bit, more like this?...
2016-10-21 14.29.00.png

Maybe I'll have a go at it with a bit of matte black paint?? Could be an option???

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: dLux