- Art card 6EA
- 36 pages booklet (English & Korean)

S__2433029.jpg

11146297_570506683053108_2522505339001712977_n.jpg

11112223_570506676386442_1531054140454608023_n.jpg
11070961_570506679719775_7323093333824332611_n.jpg

Cv1iUsU.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Have we made any progress in getting a 1/4? How the hell did 3 full slips get approved, and not 1 1/4 slip for the true steelbook enthusiasts? It should be 3 1/4 slips and no full slips by my account. Are these steelbook people making these decisions?

How about releasing just one type and not tempting collectors by spending more money?
I understand your point. But I think, there may be a reason behind releasing multiple variants.

Different choices are preferred by different collectors. Many like Lenticular, Many Like Full Slip, Many like 1/4 slip and Many like bare naked steelbook :sexy: Or some different type of thingy, not yet tried by steelbook creators.
By releasing multiple choices, everyone is covered with at least most popular options from above.

Disadvantage of this is - People who cannot decide, people who want to get everything, ends up in one or anther type of dilemma.
- That is either cost of double/triple dipping if each variant is designed by care and excellence. (Example ZDT variants)
- Again, cost factor if you are completion collector.
- Or, simply, unable to make a decision to not able to choose a single variant that sums up the release. - which I personally always come across.

Advantage of this is - Numbers are mostly assigned on Slip-covers, stickers or numbered cards. So each variant becomes more exclusive, with less number of quantities produced. That is generally preferred by collectors. For e.g., Original quantities of steelbooks produced 3000. Lenti slips 1500. full slips 1000. 1/4 Slips 500. More exclusivity.
They sell faster in my opinion after considering the advantages.

I would also prefer that 1 edition is released with full slip and 3D slip as a bonus, And yes with movies like Avengers, this experiment can be done with more ease, because when art work designed and approved is this good, even if re-release, steelbooks will be sold out pretty fast, even though there is only single variant released.

Last edited:
Def agree different variants for different collectors, but when going to that effort it seems odd not to have a 1/4 slip option, even though lenti's and full slips seem to be (even more) popular at the moment.

I like the 1/4 slips if they are done right like Kimichi Tangled , the Blufans Iron Man, even look at the difference in a release that probably didn't need a 1/4 slip much less 2 of them with Nova Media's Begin Again the 1/4 (A) is nice I even picked one up and the 1/4 (B) looks awful.

I'd prefer to SEE the steelbook in 1/4 slip, not sure what the fascination is with keeping the steelbook covered up in a fullslip , these arn't cheap after all. Got the zavvi lenti preordered, this would be a nice addition without the Assemble title.

4 different full slips is ridiculous cause completionists are forced to buy the exact same item 4 times, full slips are not expensive, you're paying for the same steel and discs. They should have the option of buying just the slips as well as 1 Steelbook. Each their own but if I were to buy 4 steels at full price each of feel like Id constantly have mug written on my forehead

Just a thought- Anyone else reckon the four full slips will each feature a different 'main' Avenger on the front?
Reckon we'll see Iron Man, Cap America, Thor and Hulk individual slips...

Reactions: rj531
If this trend towards 3 or 4 versions of the same title continues and people get seduced into getting the one click then 6 months down the line we will see more and more collectors selling off their entire collections as the hobby becomes unaffordable.

This is ridiculous, so the plan is 1 Lenti and 3 Fullslips ? and NO 1/4 slip....What's the point in creating a great looking steelbook and Nova bending over backwards to ensure it all gets covered up?, I want to see the steelbook.

If Nova are going in this direction, why not go the whole hog?, release a fullslip for each Avenger with accompanying artwork...:meh:

• Helpful Post
Reactions: NoDingsNoScratches
This is ridiculous, so the plan is 1 Lenti and 3 Fullslips ? and NO 1/4 slip....What's the point in creating a great looking steelbook and Nova bending over backwards to ensure it all gets covered up?, I want to see the steelbook.

If Nova are going in this direction, why not go the whole hog?, release a fullslip for each Avenger with accompanying artwork...:meh:
Well if you wanna see the steelbook you know what to do : OPEN IT! :smuggrin: