Beauty and the Beast (2017) (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #43) [China]

harry

Premium Supporter
Nov 12, 2012
Release date: TBA
Purchase links: TBA
Price: TBA
Group Buy: hosted by Cooey - One Click - Double Lenti - Single Lenti - Full Slip
Note:
Full glossy finish & embossed WEA steelbook

Full Slip - Single Lenti - Double Lenti - One Click
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
My DL has just tried to be delivered but the Mrs was taking the kids to school and missed it.

Looks like i will be making a trip to the sorting office on the way to work tomorrow.

So I unwrapped the package

difficult to see in the photos but the steelbook is not straight. I guess my luck of good packages had to end at some point. So a bent slip and steelbook. @cooey is it possible Blufans can sort out a replacement for this?

IMG_9624.jpg
IMG_9625.jpg
IMG_9628.jpg

OMG, looks like an elephant sat on it.......... multiple times.
Actually the slip itself hasn't suffered that much damage so the foam does a good job, but still slightly bent, right?

Yeah, I knew the steelbook would be bent because I had a similar Blufans with the slip compressed down really hard and the steel was bent.

I could had lived with the slip being bent but with steelbook not straight it’s a meh for me :(

I would say it’s more curved and not straight than bent. If you lie it flat on the table it definately doesn’t fully touch the surface. It’s a shame really as the DL is the best one. The FS and SL arrived yesterday no problems but the best one gets damaged :meh:

Mine arrived yesterday and looked bashed to sh!t too. Not quite to the extent of yours @sunnyx but I was still concerned opening the package. Will open and properly inspect it hopefully tomorrow as I'm not very well right now :pain::smashed: But WTF happens to these things when in transit???!!! o_O I imagine it's got to happen when they're in China or sthg as it's only really Blufans packages I receive in this poor state. But then again my HDzeta packages arrive unscathed so I don't know really... :cautious: Either way, it's obvious these things are handled with no f*cking care at all :angry: Very sad really (n)

• Thanks
Reactions: sunnyx and Hereticz
Well I had look at this again, just in case it was me being OCD'ish and I can say that there is a compression dent on front bottom left where probably most of the impact was. Again it's difficult to take photos, but when you look and feel it, the steel just doesn't seem right. The damage appears to be someone had just walked/stamped on this for no good reason :rofl: Even if there were other packages on top, it must had been something very heavy to really force its way through the brown box and foam. Without the foam this would had been a lot worse!! Sadly no package is bullet proof if people are going to stand on it! Anyone who has a similar package and there is no obvious defects then you should look closely at the steel and see if its a large type compression dent on there or any form of bend.

The packaging from blufans is good, and to be fair it probably may pass the standards through normal type casual buyers. But as premium collectors, we have different set of vision :p :wacky:

Good luck @Mickle_89 and everyone else!

Hope I can be eligible for a pain free replacement.

Mine arrived yesterday and looked bashed to sh!t too. Not quite to the extent of yours @sunnyx but I was still concerned opening the package. Will open and properly inspect it hopefully tomorrow as I'm not very well right now :pain::smashed: But WTF happens to these things when in transit???!!! o_O I imagine it's got to happen when they're in China or sthg as it's only really Blufans packages I receive in this poor state. But then again my HDzeta packages arrive unscathed so I don't know really... :cautious: Either way, it's obvious these things are handled with no f*cking care at all :angry: Very sad really (n)
I think you hit the nail on the head. This doesn't usually happen with hdz, yet I've seen a few bf like this... Not enough experience to say if that's the norm (I hope not). What is going on? Seems to me like they developed the foam insert out of necessity!!! Maybe 10 fragile stickers all over the place wouldn't go amiss.

Reactions: Mickle_89