Best Buy Upgrade and Save/$5 off coupon for select blu rays

tony_roach

Premium Supporter
Feb 3, 2009
District 13
fo_upgradeandsave.gif

Folks wanted to share that Best Buy brought back their Trade and Save program starting today. Take in any DVD to customer service for a $5 dollar off coupon good towards the purchase of select DVD's.

Sale details

Bring in your DVD to Customer Service and receive a $5 coupon toward one of the select Blu-ray movies below. One coupon per DVD. Limit 5 per visit. Only one coupon can be used per Blu-ray purchase. Your original DVD must have been commercially packed and with the original case. Adult content DVDs not accepted. See more details at a Best Buy store.

List of eligible Blu-Rays sorted by price

A few highlights include:

Pulp fiction: $9.99 after coupon
Jackie Brown: $9.99 after coupon
Platoon: $9.99 after coupon
Rob Roy: $4.99 after coupon
True Grit: $4.99 after coupon
Avatar Collectors Edition: $14.99 after coupon
X-Men First Class $14.99 after coupon

Important price note-thanks blurayfanatic @ AMZ:

Since I originaly posted this deal, I will give a few more details. Indeed, the others are correct. You can trade in any old DVD in the original box (I traded in a few that I had bought from Hollywood Video when they closed down that were only 25 cents each and only worth 25 cents as a trade-in with Amazon). This promotion at Best Buy goes until October 29th and you can bring in 5 DVDs per visit and if you go to the customer service counter they will print out a nice list for you of all of the titles (MANY pretty new titles) that are included (the only pre-order on the list is Bad Teacher which is also showing on their weekly ad this week). I DO want to give many of you a "heads up" on this coupon. Once you figure out which titles you want on blu-ray, check the BestBuy.com prices as I bought the first 3 Friday the 13th movies and 2 of them came up at $15 and $17 before the discount. When I and the clerk checked the list we found that the Best Buy product numbers were DIFFERENT on the ones in the "Upgrade and Save" section versus the ones on their regular shelves. We simply switched to the ones in their regular inventory and they all came up at $9.99 BEFORE the coupon so I got them all for only $4.99 each.

I found it interesting that the copies with the "Upgrade and Save" stickers came in at higher prices...seems like a bit of scam to me to get those unknowing people to pay more for them than they should. Remember these $5 off coupons are off the SALE prices not just the regular prices so you can really get some good deals here. I got
Dazed and Confused $10
Terminator $5
Straw Dogs $5
Conan the Barbarian $10
Grindhouse $10
Bad Teacher $15
Friday the 13th (parts 1-3) for $5 each

All of these are significantly less than Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bd251 and darczap
$5 off any of 140 Blus-with 'Trade and Save'

fo_upgradeandsave.gif

Get a $ 5 off coupon off of these Blu-Rays when you bring an old DVD to Best Buy. Limits apply.

From site:

"Bring in your DVD to Customer Service and receive a $5 coupon toward one of the select Blu-ray movies below. One coupon per DVD. Limit 5 per visit. Only one coupon can be used per Blu-ray purchase. Your original DVD must have been commercially packed and with the original case. Adult content DVDs not accepted. See more details at a Best Buy store."

List of eligible Blu-Rays sorted by price

Last edited:
So you can take in ANY DVD (that's not a copy, but rather a regular release) and get up to 5x $5 coupons for 5 DVDs?

Hmmmm. Might be worth a look - there's a few on that list that I would be interested in...

Thanks for posting DB. Merged threads. True Grit was $9.99, but it's now $19.99. FYI.

I'm going to hit this up on Friday for the Friday the 13th titles.

Traded 4 DVD's (1 of which was a old Hellboy Best Buy sampler) for:

Friday the 13th
Friday the 13th 2
Friday the 13th 3 3D
The Big Lebowski Digibook

All for $32 :scat:

Please note an important price note, from blurayfanatic at AMZ:

(Also added in spoiler, to OP)

"Since I originaly posted this deal, I will give a few more details. Indeed, the others are correct. You can trade in any old DVD in the original box (I traded in a few that I had bought from Hollywood Video when they closed down that were only 25 cents each and only worth 25 cents as a trade-in with Amazon). This promotion at Best Buy goes until October 29th and you can bring in 5 DVDs per visit and if you go to the customer service counter they will print out a nice list for you of all of the titles (MANY pretty new titles) that are included (the only pre-order on the list is Bad Teacher which is also showing on their weekly ad this week). I DO want to give many of you a "heads up" on this coupon. Once you figure out which titles you want on blu-ray, check the BestBuy.com prices as I bought the first 3 Friday the 13th movies and 2 of them came up at $15 and $17 before the discount. When I and the clerk checked the list we found that the Best Buy product numbers were DIFFERENT on the ones in the "Upgrade and Save" section versus the ones on their regular shelves. We simply switched to the ones in their regular inventory and they all came up at $9.99 BEFORE the coupon so I got them all for only $4.99 each.

I found it interesting that the copies with the "Upgrade and Save" stickers came in at higher prices...seems like a bit of scam to me to get those unknowing people to pay more for them than they should. Remember these $5 off coupons are off the SALE prices not just the regular prices so you can really get some good deals here. I got
Dazed and Confused $10
Terminator $5
Straw Dogs $5
Conan the Barbarian $10
Grindhouse $10
Bad Teacher $15
Friday the 13th (parts 1-3) for $5 each

All of these are significantly less than Amazon
"

They raised some of the prices on the list of titles. For example, last week, the Friday the 13th titles were all $9.99 each, $4.99 after a coupon. They are $14.99 now, $9.99 after the coupon.

ran into some trouble today trying to get avatar collector's edition. It wouldn't ring up in the system and the cashier and manager were confused about it. I ended up settling for Bad Teacher and Rob Roy since they would not let me have Avatar for 15.

Sale live again-some confusion at store level, regarding what items are eligible, but it should be any BD $9.99 and up based on their flyer. Good luck! (Info in OP, if not familiar).

pnl_upgradeandsave.gif