black-swan-back.jpg

black-swan-inside.jpg
Pictures of actual steelbook courtesy of Sinthetic:
BlackSwan-1.jpg

BlackSwan-2.jpg

BlackSwan-3.jpg

BlackSwan-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my copy with scratches on the back. Part of me is tempted to settle with this as quite a few people have had the same issue, but I'm taking the gamble and asking for a replacement.

Probably no coincidence that Zavvi have now made their returns process a bit more lengthy and complicated by requiring people to submit photos of their faulty/damaged steelbooks. It must in part be a response to the sheer volume of damaged items that are coming back to them.

I only hope that all of the complaints result in Zavvi demanding an improvement in quality control rather than simply making it more difficult for people to return goods.

Reactions: Greyback and rodtp
Received my copy from Zavvi today. Great looking steelbook, one of my favorites. Really impressed with their packaging. No damage from shipping, I noticed one small paint chip underneath the cardboard, but overall looking great.
picture.php

Last edited:
was the paint chip on the bottom of the steel ?

It was on the lower left corner of the spine. When I say paint chip, I hope I'm referring to it correctly, what I mean is that the metal is visible and that the black paint is not in one particular spot (like a small scratch). Is that considered a paint chip? The problem is not with Zavvi, but with the manufacturer. Overall though, a great looking Steel. It's nice that Zavvi packages them carefully.

Probably no coincidence that Zavvi have now made their returns process a bit more lengthy and complicated by requiring people to submit photos of their faulty/damaged steelbooks. It must in part be a response to the sheer volume of damaged items that are coming back to them.

I only hope that all of the complaints result in Zavvi demanding an improvement in quality control rather than simply making it more difficult for people to return goods.

They've not asked me for any photographic proof for returning this.
Maybe they've had such a high volume of returns that they don't doubt my claim?

I had to email photos before they'd authorise the return. So almost 1 week after taking delivery of my damaged Black Swan SB, I will be dropping it off at a collect+ point to go back to Zavvi. I just hope this one makes it.....

images

I had to email photos before they'd authorise the return. So almost 1 week after taking delivery of my damaged Black Swan SB, I will be dropping it off at a collect+ point to go back to Zavvi. I just hope this one makes it.....

images

Yep, sadly not everyone is Amazon in terms of customer service. Hopefully this will improve, or they'll have a huge mess on their hands...as other retailers have experienced (but then fixed, largely).

Reactions: hiphopnrap
I'm still on the fence about this one. It looks really nice and I enjoyed the movie (though not enough to watch repeatedly) but I'm seeing so many problems with paint chips and scratches! Is there something about this that is making it prone to paint issues? Zavvi's new demand for photos before returns is also a big hassle now too.

Moved a few posts to the Zavvi retailer thread. If you want to discuss Zavvi and any issues you have can you please do it here. People are subscribed to this thread to find out about The Black Swan steelbook so can we try and keep on topic. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still on the fence about this one. It looks really nice and I enjoyed the movie (though not enough to watch repeatedly) but I'm seeing so many problems with paint chips and scratches! Is there something about this that is making it prone to paint issues? Zavvi's new demand for photos before returns is also a big hassle now too.

I like the steelbook, but I ordered a few and all came with the paint chip on the back.

The problem with the matte finish is that they are more prone to these types of defects, especially if they are mishandled at the time of manufacture or the retail packaging process.

All problems are under the shrinkwrap, and in the same spot, so it appears that this problem happened prior to Zavvi receiving this run of steelbooks at their warehouse.

Reactions: monkeyspinach