Apr 21, 2012
GER
Release date: January 26th , 2018
Purchase Link: Amazon.es
Price: €299.99

91qo8PYcQSL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

so, for those of you who got this Edition with the idea in mind of removing the Blaster from the stand … like i did … yes, its possible, but not easy. Be warned. I've got the german edition, but i think they are all the same. As for mine: the Blaster is NOT glued to the stand. It is screwed to the stand. Or, well, bit of both actually. The underbarrel rests on a big screw that cant be reached from any end, since it rests inside the wooden tower on one end, and inside the underbarrelpart of the blaster on the other. My guess is, they screwed the screw inside the wood, then put glue inside a molded hole of the blaster (or had this part heated) and pressed it down real good. This connection seems to be rock solid and did not budge in any way on my blaster, so yeah … it might be next to impossible to remove the underbarrel without harming the blaster in some way, depending on how strong this connection is. Also, for those of you thinking the blaster was made out of metal … its not. Its plastic, or resin, not sure. But yeah … it breaks when pulling too strong, as I found out the hard way.

So if you want to remove it, you should probably start with the grip. The grip actually does not rest on the wooden wedge, but inside of it (in a hole in the middle of the wedge). So the bottom-grip-part of the blaster has actually been designed to fit that hole, and I believe it too rests on a screw at the bottom of it, yet im not sure. I would definitely not recommend trying to pull on the grip in the hopes of getting it out/off the wedge, since this will probably just remove the amber-grip from the silver base, which, as I said, rests inside the wodden-wedge, rock solid.

If you want to remove the grip part, you will have to cut it off at the bottom right where it rests on the wedge. I was using a small saw for doing so and it worked quite nice. But you will definitely damage the wooden stand, so you will have to perform some cosmetic surgery on it afterwards! Anyway, once you have cut off the grip, you then should continue by removing the front “tower” of the stand. You can do this by peeling off the velvet under the bottom of the stand (it works quite well, but you should do it slowly so it wont tear. You can even stick it back afterwards, the glued surface will still stick to it and you wont notice a difference when you do it carefully). Once you have peeled it back a little, you can see two screws holding the tower in place. Once you have removed them, the blaster will be free from the stand, only the wooden-tower is still sticking to the underbarrel. As I said, i'm not sure how to remove this part without harming the gun. You could try to keep turning the tower left and right (It cant move very far obviously), and maybe it will come loose after some time. I myself pulled too hard and broke the underbarrel where it was resting on the screw. Broke my heart also … however I was able to glue the parts back together with superglue, so, yeah … it will do. I will just have to do a little paintjob to hide the cuts … but this I would have had to do anyway because of the glued/teared off areas and the sawed off grip.

So, I got it loose. Not without harm or caring afterwards, but, and that is the good part of this post: it is simply amazing just holding this piece of art freed from the stand! Its a real shame NECA did, or had to “trap” it on the stand as it was, but for me, it was worth buying it, and hell, it was worth removing it from the stand! I hope my post will help some of you to get this thing off the stand better and cleaner than I did. And if so, post some pics on how you did it. I made some pictures myself and can post them on here if you are interested.

Cheers, ANB_Seth

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Jocelin
Hi everyone,

so, for those of you who got this Edition with the idea in mind of removing the Blaster from the stand … like i did … yes, its possible, but not easy. Be warned. I've got the german edition, but i think they are all the same. As for mine: the Blaster is NOT glued to the stand. It is screwed to the stand. Or, well, bit of both actually. The underbarrel rests on a big screw that cant be reached from any end, since it rests inside the wooden tower on one end, and inside the underbarrelpart of the blaster on the other. My guess is, they screwed the screw inside the wood, then put glue inside a molded hole of the blaster (or had this part heated) and pressed it down real good. This connection seems to be rock solid and did not budge in any way on my blaster, so yeah … it might be next to impossible to remove the underbarrel without harming the blaster in some way, depending on how strong this connection is. Also, for those of you thinking the blaster was made out of metal … its not. Its plastic, or resin, not sure. But yeah … it breaks when pulling too strong, as I found out the hard way.

So if you want to remove it, you should probably start with the grip. The grip actually does not rest on the wooden wedge, but inside of it (in a hole in the middle of the wedge). So the bottom-grip-part of the blaster has actually been designed to fit that hole, and I believe it too rests on a screw at the bottom of it, yet im not sure. I would definitely not recommend trying to pull on the grip in the hopes of getting it out/off the wedge, since this will probably just remove the amber-grip from the silver base, which, as I said, rests inside the wodden-wedge, rock solid.

If you want to remove the grip part, you will have to cut it off at the bottom right where it rests on the wedge. I was using a small saw for doing so and it worked quite nice. But you will definitely damage the wooden stand, so you will have to perform some cosmetic surgery on it afterwards! Anyway, once you have cut off the grip, you then should continue by removing the front “tower” of the stand. You can do this by peeling off the velvet under the bottom of the stand (it works quite well, but you should do it slowly so it wont tear. You can even stick it back afterwards, the glued surface will still stick to it and you wont notice a difference when you do it carefully). Once you have peeled it back a little, you can see two screws holding the tower in place. Once you have removed them, the blaster will be free from the stand, only the wooden-tower is still sticking to the underbarrel. As I said, i'm not sure how to remove this part without harming the gun. You could try to keep turning the tower left and right (It cant move very far obviously), and maybe it will come loose after some time. I myself pulled too hard and broke the underbarrel where it was resting on the screw. Broke my heart also … however I was able to glue the parts back together with superglue, so, yeah … it will do. I will just have to do a little paintjob to hide the cuts … but this I would have had to do anyway because of the glued/teared off areas and the sawed off grip.

So, I got it loose. Not without harm or caring afterwards, but, and that is the good part of this post: it is simply amazing just holding this piece of art freed from the stand! Its a real shame NECA did, or had to “trap” it on the stand as it was, but for me, it was worth buying it, and hell, it was worth removing it from the stand! I hope my post will help some of you to get this thing off the stand better and cleaner than I did. And if so, post some pics on how you did it. I made some pictures myself and can post them on here if you are interested.

Cheers, ANB_Seth

Please do post pics

You seemed to have fared better than this guy

damn! o_O ... I was affraid something like this would happen with my blaster, since you can clearly see that the blaster-part is only partially set inside the grip. But I also was afraid of electic-saws because of the strong vibrations, which is why I went with a manual saw. Lucky choice I guess, yet I still have the fear that the blaster will fall apart at some point in the future. However, I have posted some photos of my extraction in another thread, since I do own the german version:
https://www.hidefninja.com/communit...-exclusive-germany.89006/page-21#post-2052661

• Thanks
Reactions: jailbird_joey