Captain America: The First Avenger (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #16) [China]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: February 2015
Notes:
Worldwide exclusive artwork
Lenti (1300) + 1/4 (700) slips
Matte finish
Will be embossed on both front and back.
Includes 4 postcards similar to IM finish.

7go0.jpg

om6u.jpg

thumb.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
CapAmericaa.jpg CapAmericab.jpg
I received my copy today (Ontario Canada). Since it is my first CA steelbook and have nothing to compare it to in hand, I am impressed with it. However, as other posters have noted, the title on the spine is very small. The lenticular image is ambitious and well executed. I don't really mind the matte finish. I've been getting a few double digit numbers lately (Wall-E lenticular, Iron Man 1/3 slip, Frozen Anna, Frozen Elsa). I'm proud to own it.

The more time I spend on these forums, the more I am resigning myself to the fact that I will have to start buying steelbooks of blu rays that I already have as steelbooks :wacky: Bring it

View attachment 147268 View attachment 147269
I received my copy today (Ontario Canada). Since it is my first CA steelbook and have nothing to compare it to in hand, I am impressed with it. However, as other posters have noted, the title on the spine is very small. The lenticular image is ambitious and well executed. I don't really mind the matte finish. I've been getting a few double digit numbers lately (Wall-E lenticular, Iron Man 1/3 slip, Frozen Anna, Frozen Elsa). I'm proud to own it.
Did you have it as express parcel? Mine still hasn't left China..

I thought mine hadn't updated either, but I tried the tracking number on USPS.com and it shows to have departed New York on Monday!!! On its way here now! :)

The HMV one is the worst of the bunch. Real collectors would have the 3 disk DE version, with the green sticker.

We here on HDN is a Place for all types of collectors and ''we should not pass judgment on each other''.

What is a "real collector" ? And for who do we collect for ? Your Negative opinion that you put on others in your statement is something that should be said much differently, in a respectful manner. You could say it as a preference to you for example...

And to add to your comment, People tend to go with the HMV version as the WWA is a beautiful steelbook and the HMV version is much cheaper than the Holy Grail of Captain America Releases which is the ''Taiwan Version''. I am not the one that has put that version on ''The Grail Status'' of ''all Captain America releases'', but it is the reputation of that steelbook.

We here on HDN is a Place for all types of collectors and ''we should not pass judgment on each other''.

What is a "real collector" ? And for who do we collect for ? Your Negative opinion that you put on others in your statement is something that should be said much differently, in a respectful manner. You could say it as a preference to you for example...

And to add to your comment, People tend to go with the HMV version as the WWA is a beautiful steelbook and the HMV version is much cheaper than the Holy Grail of Captain America Releases which is the ''Taiwan Version''. I am not the one that has put that version on ''The Grail Status'' of ''all Captain America releases'', but it is the reputation of that steelbook.

Amen brother!
No negativity need in this community! :stop:

BTT, i'm wondering how long it will take for them to show the quarter-slips finally..
AND my lenti hasn't shown up yet!! all you "i-received-my-copy-in-5-days"-guys make me jealous god damnit!! :LOL:

lmbo!!! u still ordered it despite your desdain for non glossy steels.
You couldn't resist BLUFANS huh :)
perhaps you probablygonna give it a gloss treatment
Simples buddy. CA is not Farewell my Concubine which can be missed and yes I had contacted our gloss pro to check if this can be glossed.

This is how Iron Man Lenticular should have been. In a particular angle the Lenticular kind of turns wickedly bright which is amazing.

Agreed. The language could have been better. On some level though I do agree with stevo. I have always thought that in addition to having great artwork, the package has to be completed by having the right content. The additional disc made the German version as well as others like JP, Poland, Hong Kong, Thailand, Dutch and I believe Belgian 3D editions stand out more and now this release as well. The TW edition will always be special but for me an incomplete version. What a killer slip though. Love TW slips