Captain America: The Winter Soldier (3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 9, 2014
Purchase link: Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Price: $29.99; $24.99 on release week
SKU: 7750005
Group Buy: Click here
Notes: Debossed title on front cover, title on spine, 3D + 2D + digital copy

captainamericasteelbook-213x300.jpg

steelbook-inside-art-jpg.73466

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, just pre-ordered this. Hopefully it comes in good condition, never ordered anything from Best Buy before so I'm not sure how they ship their packages.

You don't have to place an order for in-store pick up do you? I plan on going there as soon as they open and picking up a copy. Maybe I'm taking it too lightly?

Do you know if store pickup is unavailable at a store means they won't have any steels at all?

Usually that means that many of the copies have been reserved. I think the system won't allow a pick up order to be placed after they get below a certain threshold of copies. Meaning, if they started with 6, maybe 3 could be requested, leaving 3 for in store.

I can't recall the exact threshold though, it might just be one. :sorry:

• Informative
Reactions: Ask and Jkriz
It's a little unusual for them to start in store pick ups this early. 2 of my local stores are already unavailable and one that is about 30 miles away is unavailable as well. I think this is going to require being at store at opening to pick some off the shelf in addition to whatever is reserved for in store pick up.

It's a little unusual for them to start in store pick ups this early. 2 of my local stores are already unavailable and one that is about 30 miles away is unavailable as well. I think this is going to require being at store at opening to pick some off the shelf in addition to whatever is reserved for in store pick up.

I agree, this early is super weird, from what I've seen before.

But I've already taken the day off from work, so I'm going to get to at least 3 stores, maybe four within an hour of their open.

Hopefully I'm early enough. :emb:

It's there pre-order in store pick up but won't give you the deal when you add a tv series. I tried with Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D but no discount.

I agree, this early is super weird, from what I've seen before.

But I've already taken the day off from work, so I'm going to get to at least 3 stores, maybe four within an hour of their open.

Hopefully I'm early enough. :emb:

I think that BB is starting early so that the stores can have time weed out multiple orders by the same person and cancel them. If they started at midnight the night before that would just be a huge cluster beginning the day.

Only two Best Buys in my area have this available for pre-order (one of them is across a bridge though), and when I click on the pre-order button for either store a red bar appears across the top with a half cut-off exclamation sign and nothing happens.

I can't tell if this is a glitch or if every store is already sold out and the website just hasn't updated the system yet =(

I think that BB is starting early so that the stores can have time weed out multiple orders by the same person and cancel them. If they started at midnight the night before that would just be a huge cluster beginning the day.

That's possible but what's to stop a person from ordering 15 copies online? I've done up to 3 items for in store pick up and my BB never gave me any problems.

That's possible but what's to stop a person from ordering 15 copies online? I've done up to 3 items for in store pick up and my BB never gave me any problems.

I had 5 out of 6 online orders for in store pick up cancelled yesterday. The email stated;

"We're sorry, but the item listed below has been canceled. Please refer to our Conditions of Use, which explains order limitations and limited quantities."

Reactions: darczap
I just got my pre-order in, and I tried to update the quantity to two copies and was denied by the system (which said that there was a 1 copy limit on pre-orders). So I had to revert to one copy and everything went through fine

I had 5 out of 6 online orders for in store pick up cancelled yesterday. The email stated;

"We're sorry, but the item listed below has been canceled. Please refer to our Conditions of Use, which explains order limitations and limited quantities."

@vläd Were you able to order CA2 for in store pick up previously? I was under the impression that it just went live.