Captain America: The Winter Soldier (KimchiDVD Exclusive #40) (Blu-ray SteelBook) [Korea]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release date: August 23, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip Type A1 - Full Slip Type A2- Lenticular Slip Box - One Click. Pre-order August 4 at 2 PM (Korea Time)
Price: $45.99 - One Click $137.00
Note: 4000 copies
HDN Group Buys: Hosted by Cooey - Hosted by Kaka1888

Full Slip (Type A1) | Full Slip (Type A2) | Lenticular Slip Box | One Click

13770427_1913300178897190_7334276636342471704_n.jpg 13627013_1913300205563854_8325318166331442191_n.jpg 13775354_1913300228897185_1702612431833981606_n.jpg
13626577_1913300152230526_3899582766517790371_n.jpg
00.jpg
capwin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
HMV release is the definitive Steelbook version for me followed closely by Zavvi Lenticular.

Blufans was good but let down by matte finish and QC issues. However they did an awesome job with the Lenticular.

Surprisingly all TFA version except Blufans 1/4 slip still goes for silly money.

Remember selling my opened non-mint TFA Zavvi non-lenticular release for.£43 plus postage last month. Oh I was happy with that as it was worth more than a premium Kimchi Winter Soldier. Someone here challenged me that this won't be available for cheap once it is sold out but he was wrong. :)
Very true statement about the HMV edition. I had that and loved it, it just wouldn't go as well with my Nova choice sequels as a Kimchidvd lenticular would:thumbs:

Judging by this release, a WEA CA1 Kimchi will be f*cking AWESOME! :woot::oohyeah: @harry @luke98 @cooey @Steelselecta @Hatori @Sigill @Flloydo @chunk, you guys hearing this? :naughty::naughty::whistle::whistle:

Cheers mate

Yep id be happy too as I already own this version. I'm a sucker for marvel editons from Korea and would be nice for a matching set of 1 & 3 to go with this.
Plus this steel and extras are amazing. I like slip I got but I mainly got it for black widow on the back because it's awesome pic but I wish it was used on the back of the lenti instead so I would of gone for that.

Aslong as they space them out and it's not too soon lol

Anytime after June/ July is good with me lol

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Mickle_89
I think kimchidvd tackling marvel is going to be a tough one. After 4 lenticular slip versions of GOTG (two from blufans and nova) plus WWA and Zavvi, do we need another one? Not at all. But would having a complete collection of Marvel releases from Kimchidvd look void without a GOTG? Of course. Do we need another Thor 2? Not at all, but will Kimchidvd release a fullslip WEA regardless, who knows. They could potentially demolish the worth of the pre-existing Blufans and Nova counterparts and tbh removing the hype behind marvel steelbooks, is basically ruining the game all together. Marvel films have always derived the most hype

Reactions: lgans316
Imo the best TFA release is still the Amazon 2D/3D exclusive. Blufans was nice but the steel itself was disappointing coz of the matte finish. I really hope Kimchi will make a TFA release so I can buy the hell out of it. :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I think kimchidvd tackling marvel is going to be a tough one. After 4 lenticular slip versions of GOTG (two from blufans and nova) plus WWA and Zavvi, do we need another one? Not at all. But would having a complete collection of Marvel releases from Kimchidvd look void without a GOTG? Of course. Do we need another Thor 2? Not at all, but will Kimchidvd release a fullslip WEA regardless, who knows. They could potentially demolish the worth of the pre-existing Blufans and Nova counterparts and tbh removing the hype behind marvel steelbooks, is basically ruining the game all together. Marvel films have always derived the most hype

+1. On one side, we got Premium retailers doing Premium releases of something already released to death. On the other side, the same old titles are being re-released in Europe. All these are making me lose interest and it is nothing but worrying as the amount gone into these are huge (like a deposit for a property). It is simply not worth gambling with our money recklessly. If they did a re-release of Source Code or some badly done Steel, I am happy to support it but not TFA.

HMV release is the definitive Steelbook version for me followed closely by Zavvi Lenticular.

Blufans was good but let down by matte finish and QC issues. However they did an awesome job with the Lenticular.

Surprisingly all TFA version except Blufans 1/4 slip still goes for silly money.

Remember selling my opened non-mint TFA Zavvi non-lenticular release for.£43 plus postage last month. Oh I was happy with that as it was worth more than a premium Kimchi Winter Soldier. Someone here challenged me that this won't be available for cheap once it is sold out but he was wrong. :)

I actually like the original zavvi re-release, only thing that let it down was being matte, as I love the front cover art

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo

Suppose it don't matter to those who aren't bothered about "worth" and worry about what they will get on the after market and great for anyone who just opens up and enjoys what they buy like myself

I came to terms with marvel getting new & re releases from premium and non premium retailers a while back and like lgans mentioned the same with standard WWA steels over Europe. It happens and I try not to have a cow man!

And I buy if I like it

Do I need another marvel Thor or guardians etc - no, but if the art is amazing and has images not used or a sweet lenti then unfortunately I'll be all over it

Like novas possible age of ultron (if it happens) - I don't need it, but that steel is art is cool and I don't own it on anything (didn't buy the blufans full slip so it works for me)

Simple as that for me really

• Thanks
Reactions: matthewtheunicorn
I actually like the original zavvi re-release, only thing that let it down was being matte, as I love the front cover art

Correct. It is a good release besides the matte finish. It looked awesome after custom glossing. Looks like full gloss Steels are becoming a rarity these days.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 164
  • s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 166
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 168

Same, not as good as original Hmv but I do really like it. Just a shame it's matte

Same goes for their Thor (back art is crappy though)

+1. On one side, we got Premium retailers doing Premium releases of something already released to death. On the other side, the same old titles are being re-released in Europe. All these are making me lose interest and it is nothing but worrying as the amount gone into these are huge (like a deposit for a property). It is simply not worth gambling with our money recklessly. If they did a re-release of Source Code or some badly done Steel, I am happy to support it but not TFA.
I don't really see how TFA has been released to death. There has been 1 premium release and that's Blufans. Those HMV, Zavvi and Amazon releases hardly count coz while the steels are great, they got no slips and extras and I want more than the premium Blufans on my shelf for that movie. We got so many releases to chose from for Phase 2 movies, I just want another great premium release for TFA.

I don't really see how TFA has been released to death. There has been 1 premium release and that's Blufans. Those HMV, Zavvi and Amazon releases hardly count coz while the steels are great, they got no slips and extras and I want more than the premium Blufans on my shelf for that movie. We got so many releases to chose from for Phase 2 movies, I just want another great premium release for TFA.

Don't worry mate. FA are doing E1...E100 of each MCU. I am sure you got the disposable income to buy all those lol.

I think the main problem is, is companies are really struggling to decipher what steelbooks we want and i'm not sure why. Theres been a pretty high demand for a kimchidvd TFA from myself and others but Civil war??:confused: Nova doing another Ultron?:confused::rolleyes: Ridiculous. If Kimchidvd only did a Thor 1, Ca1, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, i don't think I'd worry but the fact it looks like they have intent to do a Civil War:meh:Nothing but concerning for me:ohno:

Don't worry mate. FA are doing E1...E100 of each MCU. I am sure you got the disposable income to buy all those lol.
Oh sounds great mate. And since I collect only the Cap movies, I don't mind adding a few more releases of TFA and TWS, maybe even CW if the releases actually look good.

I think the main problem is, is companies are really struggling to decipher what steelbooks we want and i'm not sure why. Theres been a pretty high demand for a kimchidvd TFA from myself and others but Civil war??:confused: Nova doing another Ultron?:confused::rolleyes: Ridiculous. If Kimchidvd only did a Thor 1, Ca1, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, i don't think I'd worry but the fact it looks like they have intent to do a Civil War:meh:Nothing but concerning for me:ohno:
I don't really see why that's concerning. Looks to me like they're just planning to do all the Cap movies and for that, of course they're not gonna miss CW. If they make a good release without too much clutter like Nova or Blufans, I'll be getting it, if not, I'll just skip it. But if what they say is true, they're doing TFA first and believe me, that is something I'm all in for no matter what they do.

Suppose it don't matter to those who aren't bothered about "worth" and worry about what they will get on the after market and great for anyone who just opens up and enjoys what they buy like myself

I came to terms with marvel getting new & re releases from premium and non premium retailers a while back and like lgans mentioned the same with standard WWA steels over Europe. It happens and I try not to have a cow man!

And I buy if I like it

Do I need another marvel Thor or guardians etc - no, but if the art is amazing and has images not used or a sweet lenti then unfortunately I'll be all over it

Like novas possible age of ultron (if it happens) - I don't need it, but that steel is art is cool and I don't own it on anything (didn't buy the blufans full slip so it works for me)

Simple as that for me really
As much as I value that and I'm happy for you man, my collection is small, I'm young, I completely intend to keep my steelbooks but I don't know what's going to happen. I won't act like I won't be upset if I see a substantial loss.

In terms of emotional value, it's also not nice having a definitive, special edition, and then re-release upon re-release just make releases feel far less special to me.

Thing is I don't get why concern for civil war.

If they release one then I would love a complete set. As in they do one cap so do all caps

I do really like the first avenger but for me winter soldier and civil war are much better films IMO

They ruined the first cap with the terrible middle bit and at first I hated that film, started promising but got worse, but it's grown on me over the years. So if they done winter soldier I want the rest of the trilogy regardless of the bigger MCU

Same as nova with age of ultron. Have we had too many? Yes but it still makes sense for them do do a WEA to go with their first one (as annoying as it is that they also did a nova collection for ultron)

As much as I value that and I'm happy for you man, my collection is small, I'm young, I completely intend to keep my steelbooks but I don't know what's going to happen. I won't act like I won't be upset if I see a substantial loss.

In terms of emotional value, it's also not nice having a definitive, special edition, and then re-release upon re-release just make releases feel far less special to me.

And yeah get your points, but over the years I've bought VHS- no longer valuable, DVD and cd - no longer valuable except the odd release, ammrays - not really that valuable except some odd collector titles and brand new releases - if I ever sell any I get about 30p per item and if that at times - I sold a ammray the dark knight a few months ago because I have 2 steels (in with a bunch of old PS3 games, DVDs, ammrays and DVD box sets) and I was offered 30p for it and same with first class lol.
Majority of my WWA or catalogue steels aren't worth much mate and I keep them in poly bags etc

You will always get something back for a premium though, some go cheap and it's luck of the draw but over all and if you keep them mint most will still be worth something - but constant reminders of how eBay and the price of X has devalued makes you all panic. So then people panic and place their stuff on eBay and all of a sudden there's a surge of the same item going for decent prices - after that rush, you wait a little longer until not many are on the bay or secondary market and you will get a good price again. As much as I love lgans he loves to put the fear in you all that worry too much about your collections value

And that's how I see it (and in other cases he helps me get some titles I haven't had the chance to get for a decent price lol)