Deadpool (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Manta Lab Global Series No. 1) [Hong Kong]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: September 3, 2016
Purchase links: Full Slip - Quarter Slip - One Click - (OOS)
Price: $42.99 (1/4 Slip or Full Slip) - $85.98 (One Click)
Note: Full size lenti magnet covering the whole surface, not sitting inside the borders.
Booklet, Photo cards (4), Exclusive Numbering Sticker, Exclusive Release Sticker, Exclusive Poster with Envelope (Loose).
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Aniv - (CLOSED)

Quarter Slip + Lenticular Magnet (Numbered 301 to 500) | Full Slip (Numbered 301 to 500) | One Click (Numbered 1 to 300)

13882232_1123850514391722_8044027529542518923_n.jpg 13886278_1123850507725056_8434327459103695413_n.jpg DEADPOOL2-03.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-04 at 15.38.28.png
GB Start Time | Pre-order on Manta Lab website Time
Screen Shot 2016-08-10 at 12.28.49 PM.png 13892365_1123897491053691_3819957775741527632_n.png

Last edited:
Surely that doesn't mean they can't do wea ?
Not sure how things are but surely they could sell it internationally ?
Correct me if I'm wrong but the movie is completely banned from China. No distributors can get their hands on it to make releases.

I'm sure Blufans can do an international only release but are probably avoiding to do it for legal reasons, and it doesn't seem outright fair if the China market can't get it even though it's made over there.

• Thanks
Reactions: bluray hunter
Correct me if I'm wrong but the movie is completely banned from China. No distributors can get their hands on it to make releases.

I'm sure Blufans can do an international only release but are probably avoiding to do it for legal reasons, and it doesn't seem outright fair if the China market can't get it even though it's made over there.
You make a good point
Guess we won't be getting BF wea afterall :thumbs:

Can someone tell me why this is banned in China?

"China is the second-largest movie market in the world, which means that virtually any film that wants to be successful needs to do well there. Of course, to make money, you actually have to open there, and that’s going to be difficult for Ryan Reynolds new movie Deadpool. The reason being that the film has been banned for, well, for basically all the reasons you want to go see it.

While many nations have ratings systems to give different audiences an idea of what movies are for them, China does not. So if a movie isn’t suitable for all audiences, it’s a no go in China. Deadpool’s goal from it’s inception was to be true to the comic book character that inspired it, meaning that the movie was always going to be violent, and include more than it’s share of language and nudity. Now all the things that have made fans excited to see the movie are the reasons that it fans in China will miss out.

It’s not uncommon for films to be edited for release in China because of these restrictions. However, that’s apparently not feasible here. According to The Hollywood Reporter, the edits required would cause problems with the plot, so it simply can’t be done here without destroying the story. We’re going to assume this means that major plot points may take place during scenes of excessive violence or sex, not that the excessive violence is itself is a plot point. Although, when you’re dealing with Deadpool who knows for sure?

Since obtaining an R-rating has always been the goal for Deadpool, this can’t come as a great shock to 20th Century Fox. Everybody involved has spoken at length about how making an R-rated film was important to character and how they were going to go all out to use the rating to the best of their ability. Whether anybody considered overseas markets while these conversations were happening is unclear, but it really shouldn’t come as a surprise to anybody. India couldn’t handle excessive kissing in Spectre so don't be surprised if they have to skip out on a theatrical exhibition of Deadpool either.

It’s hard to say how much money this move will cost Fox. Superhero movies generally do well in China, with even the smaller films like Ant-Man doing more than $100 million in business. That’s probably a solid baseline for the money the studio will not see, though it could certainly be made up in other places if Deadpool is popular enough. However, due to the film’s R-rating, access to the film will also be restricted in the countries where the film will be released and subjected with similar ratings systems. While fans are happy with decision to make the graphic, adult flavored Deadpool film that they want to see, this is a sign that when the dust settles, the studio may not be as pleased.

You can bet the box office totals are going to be watched closely, in order to see if this sort of movie can really be as successful as it need to be. The fate of R-rated superhero movies, and the world, will be determined when Deadpool crashes theaters on February 12th"

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-Deadpool-Has-Been-Banned-China-106557.html

I would not be surprised if we do see a WEA steelbook next year due to the popularity of the film and demand for the various premium releases we have now all are selling out very fast especially any steelbook release so far

Fox would sell out easily another steelbook release next year if Fox decide to do another steelbook worldwide or as a retailer exclusive with one or a few retailers in various countries they could include new extras if available also

I won't be surprised if you do see a WEA steelbook announced with a release date around March to June next year
well, we seeing zavvi, after a year or so, they release WEA on marvel titles, there is hope...

Only just catching up with the site and threads

Congrats on everyone who got a copy

For eveyone speculating on WEA I guarantee we get a WEA next year when the second film is out by HMV or zavvi or even kimchi

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I find weird how they had to of known this would sell like iPhones and there was a high demand for it but yet only made 500? They made more of the Revenant and that doesn't have 1/3 of the popularity Deadpool does.

No matter who makes it an sells it.Marvel sells.And deadpool is one of the most popular releases.This edition will be gold dust.If people keep there 1 clicks together then they'll only be 700 sets in circulation.And if people managed to get 1/4 and full slip outside of one click then the number in circulation goes down making it even harder to get an value will rise.Grail??
Missed kimchi but wont miss FAC release.

I find weird how they had to of known this would sell like iPhones and there was a high demand for it but yet only made 500? They made more of the Revenant and that doesn't have 1/3 of the popularity Deadpool does.

Revenant is WEA, that's why.

Reactions: laz305
Did I not read the numbers correctly? I thought the print run was 1000 total. 300 one clicks (accounting for 600 single editions) and then 200 1/4 slips and 200 full slips. So if people keep their one clicks together there will only be 300 sets in circulation and not 700? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

No matter who makes it an sells it.Marvel sells.And deadpool is one of the most popular releases.This edition will be gold dust.If people keep there 1 clicks together then they'll only be 700 sets in circulation.And if people managed to get 1/4 and full slip outside of one click then the number in circulation goes down making it even harder to get an value will rise.Grail??
Missed kimchi but wont miss FAC release.

Did I not read the numbers correctly? I thought the print run was 1000 total. 300 one clicks (accounting for 600 single editions) and then 200 1/4 slips and 200 full slips. So if people keep their one clicks together there will only be 300 sets in circulation and not 700? Or am I misunderstanding your post?

You are correct. Total run of 1000.

300 1 click
200 1/4
200 full so most in circulation 700.Unless people got both 1/4 an full slip then be less mate.As in 700 people at most got it

Did I miss an official statement, why there were less than 100 orders for 1000 copies?

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: j4c0
Ok guys, let's keep it friendly. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. We don't want to delete posts unless we have too. What a member does with their Steelbooks is their own choice, there are all different types of collectors out there. Can we be respectful of other members. Thanks.